PDA

View Full Version : Dunne to Spurs?

Prem Rep!
27/05/2008, 9:50 AM
Word circulating around White Hart Lane is that Dunne is having a medical on Friday and joining Spurs for next season. Great signing for spurs if he does.

Serb
27/05/2008, 9:57 AM
Himself and King / Woodgate would be a pretty decent defensive partnership for any Premiership side. Hopefully it works out for him if it is indeed true.

Pauro 76
27/05/2008, 9:58 AM
Delighted for him if that happens. Really think they'll make a good push for top 4 if the Honey Monster is on board. Him and Woodgate would be an excellent pairing.

Prem Rep!
27/05/2008, 10:01 AM
Should give Spurs the heart and leadership they have been so sadly lacking. Not the most spectatcular signing which Spurs fans seem to thrive on but could be their most effective piece of business in a while.

Morbo
27/05/2008, 10:04 AM
Would have prefered to see him go to Arse and if not Arse then Everton but this is still a decent move(far better than going to newcastle) but I seriously doubt they are going to push for a top 4 finish, the only way that would happed is if one of the top 4 impoded and even if that happened I think Everton would be the most likely team to take advantage

abbeyvale
27/05/2008, 12:44 PM
Would have prefered to see him go to Arse and if not Arse then Everton but this is still a decent move(far better than going to newcastle) but I seriously doubt they are going to push for a top 4 finish, the only way that would happed is if one of the top 4 impoded and even if that happened I think Everton would be the most likely team to take advantage

That would be King, Woodgate, Rocha, Kaboul, Dunne, Dawson, surely they'll sell one if not two of those.

Duggie
27/05/2008, 12:47 PM
is this for real where you hear this ? doubt it to be honest.

Kingdom
27/05/2008, 1:11 PM
That would be King, Woodgate, Rocha, Kaboul, Dunne, Dawson, surely they'll sell one if not two of those.

Doubts about whether Ledley King will play again (old news) so I'd imagine the 4 would be Village Idiot, Dunne, Kaboul, Dawson.

amjl
28/05/2008, 10:14 AM

Rocha was being linked with Benfica in the news yesterday & I think Portsmouth where eye-ing up move for Kaboul recently.

Dodge
28/05/2008, 10:19 AM
Doubts about whether Ledley King will play again (old news) so I'd imagine the 4 would be Village Idiot, Dunne, Kaboul, Dawson.

Village idiot is one of the best in europe when fit. Never going to be fit for a season though...

Kingdom
28/05/2008, 3:51 PM
Village idiot is one of the best in europe when fit. Never going to be fit for a season though...

I agree completly. I think he is underrated tbh, as a centre half I find him one of the best to watch, as you say though its been a long time since hes had a fully fit season.

ramsfan
28/05/2008, 4:01 PM
dunne needs a change, man city is a crazy club, a season without turmoil playing with good players and a good manager will do him the world of good

DmanDmythDledge
28/05/2008, 6:31 PM
I think it's important that he plays European football next season. Playing against that style of play more often will certainly makes his performances for Ireland even better.

shakermaker1982
28/05/2008, 6:53 PM
I think it's important that he plays European football next season. Playing against that style of play more often will certainly makes his performances for Ireland even better.

He will get that with Man City next season :D

DmanDmythDledge
28/05/2008, 7:01 PM
He will get that with Man City next season :D
Yes, but it looks like he is about to leave them.;)

OwlsFan
30/05/2008, 1:38 PM
Daily Telegraph has it as well:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2008/05/30/sfnmac130.xml&CMP=ILC-mostviewedbox

boovidge
30/05/2008, 1:58 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/7427380.stm

Looks like this is a Dunne deal :o

drummerboy
30/05/2008, 2:17 PM
According to some on Man City message boards, Bent Harry has hijacked the move offering Dunne £75,000 a week and guanteeing him first team place. Hope its not true, as a Spurs fan I'd love to see him at White Hart Lane.

DmanDmythDledge
30/05/2008, 2:45 PM
Hope that doesn't happen either- Ramos is a great coach and I think Spurs will do very well in the Premier League and UEFA Cup next season, especially considering their signings this summer.

EalingGreen
30/05/2008, 3:54 PM

I fear that this confirms that King is finished (injury). Rocha is apparently set on returning to Portugal. Kaboul is on his way, having slagged off Ramos a week or two back. Ramos doesn't seem to rate/trust Dawson completely (at least until he has more experience).

So if Spurs do get Dunne, I'd say he'll play alongside Woodgate, which as a Spurs fan, would suit me fine.

(Shame if King is finished, mind, since on his day he was the best of the lot :()

eekers
31/05/2008, 3:29 PM
I fear that this confirms that King is finished (injury). Rocha is apparently set on returning to Portugal. Kaboul is on his way, having slagged off Ramos a week or two back. Ramos doesn't seem to rate/trust Dawson completely (at least until he has more experience).

So if Spurs do get Dunne, I'd say he'll play alongside Woodgate, which as a Spurs fan, would suit me fine.

(Shame if King is finished, mind, since on his day he was the best of the lot :()

the latest on this shows king isnt finished. dunne is set to join portsmouth because spurs arent prepared to offer him a guaranteed first team place. they're offering him 40k a week and substantial bonus for appearances. dunne wasnt happy with this and didnt turn up as arranged for the medical on friday.

tetsujin1979
31/05/2008, 6:01 PM
With Dunne set to join, and Distin and James already there, is Harry trying to recreate Man City's defence from 3 seasons ago?

irishfan86
31/05/2008, 10:51 PM
With Dunne set to join, and Distin and James already there, is Harry trying to recreate Man City's defence from 3 seasons ago?

It wouldn't be a bad decision on his part, I remember those three forming one of the most formidable defenses in the Premiership.

Distan and Dunne complement each other well, and James had a great understanding with them.

Assuming Dunne had a good relationship with those two guys, I'd say he's definitely going to Pompey.

Paddy Garcia
01/06/2008, 8:15 PM
Spurs would be the more ambitious, and therefore the correct move for Dunne.

SkStu
02/06/2008, 1:26 AM

totally agree.

eekers
03/06/2008, 3:21 AM

its all well and good but the reality is no matter how well he does playing beside woodgate, ledley king will be wheeled out for the important games. bit of a sickener to play all the cup rounds and then miss the cup final etc.

Irish_Praha
03/06/2008, 2:26 PM
I read he might stay at City if Hughes is appointed manager.

lionelhutz
03/06/2008, 4:07 PM
If Hughes does take over at City I'd like to see Dunne stay there. Hughes is an excellent manager who always seems to get the best out of what he's got.

I think Hughes would do a great job with a club of City's size as long as the tyrant gives him enough time. It'd be very disappointing if he ended up at Portsmouth - big drop down in clubs IMO

Pauro 76
03/06/2008, 4:14 PM
I still think he should move to Spurs. Top 4 two seasons ago, excellent manager in Ramos. Pompey are top six at best, and tiny stadium. FA Cup holders, sure, but Spurs have more scope to challenge for Champions League spot. That said, he obviously respects James and Distin, his ex teammates....

seanfhear
04/06/2008, 1:17 PM
only spurs of the clubs mentioned would be a step up.How big of a step up i think i wiil let everyone decide that for themselves

lionelhutz
04/06/2008, 2:10 PM
Now that Hughes has been confirmed City manager I think one of his early objectives will be to keep Dunne at the club. Personally I'd like to see Dunne stay at City as I believe they're a better side than Spurs, Pompey, etc and he's very settled in the side