PDA

View Full Version : Tommy Rowe at Stockport

bwagner
27/05/2008, 9:41 AM
I watched this guy yesterday seems very talented , I found out to that he is being chased by a host of clubs including spurs and arsenal. Rowe is a Irish name we need to plunder all talented players especially in midfield ...anyone know if he is Irish ?

geysir
27/05/2008, 10:13 AM
Rowe an Irish name? I don't think so.

A Tommy Rowe use to manage Dundalk. Jim Gannon use to play and manage Dundalk.
That's a connection of sorts.

bwagner
27/05/2008, 10:36 AM
The names Rowe and Roe in Ireland are often derived from the native Gaelic O'Ruaidh Septs of Counties Cork and Waterford. The name was also brought into the country by settlers from England, especially in the seventeenth century. The name is taken from the Gaelic word 'ruaidh' which means 'red'. Ormond and MacEnroe are variants.

drummerboy
27/05/2008, 10:44 AM
Tommy Rowe, was a famous midfielder with Drums and Dundalk in the late 50s early 60s. He went on to manage Dundalk and Shelbourne. Still hale and harty and living in Drumcondra.

superfrank
27/05/2008, 10:53 AM
He was born in Manchester so he's a local Rochdale lad.

Can we please stop starting threads about English prospects until there is actual proof of an Irish link? It just looks desperate.

bwagner
27/05/2008, 10:54 AM
Superfrank im at work man come on im half dead here with boredom

the ox
27/05/2008, 11:17 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/s/stockport/7243641.stm

Jim Gannon wouldn't have mentioned England scouts if Rowe had an interest in playing for Ireland

tetsujin1979
27/05/2008, 12:37 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/s/stockport/7243641.stm

Jim Gannon wouldn't have mentioned England scouts if Rowe had an interest in playing for Ireland
Or it's because it's rare for any player below the Championship to get into the England set up, and he wants to get attention.

kev mcq
27/05/2008, 3:21 PM
He was born in Manchester so he's a local Rochdale lad.

Can we please stop starting threads about English prospects until there is actual proof of an Irish link? It just looks desperate.
Nail on head, it's pathetic