PDA

View Full Version : Mns 26/05

pineapple stu
26/05/2008, 7:13 PM
Have our posts been answered? Excellent little clip highlighting Wes Charles' poor positioning for Bohs' winner on Friday; more please! (Both Galway conceding and highlights during analysis :) )

pineapple stu
26/05/2008, 7:27 PM
Tony Mac - "Wherever McCourt goes, not doubt Roddy will be claiming the credit" :p

irishultra
26/05/2008, 7:31 PM
First real time watching MNS from the start. What a difference from the crap that was on TV3.

Boo_Boy
26/05/2008, 7:33 PM
Tony Mac - "Wherever McCourt goes, not doubt Roddy will be claiming the credit" :p

thanks for translating that from dublinese, i had no idea what he said.:p

pineapple stu
26/05/2008, 7:34 PM
So how'd you understand what I wrote?

sligoman
26/05/2008, 7:34 PM
Worst 60 second interview ever. Faz doesn't know a lot.

pineapple stu
26/05/2008, 7:35 PM
Think we can see now why they don't go to Sligo for 60 seconds much!

Or to translate for Boo Boy - "I don't know."

Boo_Boy
26/05/2008, 7:35 PM
So how'd you understand what I wrote?

there was no 'yez' so i could understand:D

Boo_Boy
26/05/2008, 7:37 PM
Or to translate for Boo Boy - "I don't know."

You know Bosnian too?

jasus your a man of many talents stu;)

Boo_Boy
26/05/2008, 7:39 PM
Wheres the BBQ?

i think i see trap in a 2 piece in the backround!

sligoman
26/05/2008, 7:48 PM
How did Kearney manage to miss that:eek:. Gormley has the most boring voice ever.

superfrank
26/05/2008, 7:48 PM
Matthews is an eejit. "Could have had a goal or two before we did score"

They scored after ninety seconds with their first chance. :confused:

Sheridan
26/05/2008, 8:07 PM
Awful show this week, seems they're giving up. Terrible selection of panellists, it was more like Monday Night St-st-st-st-stammering. When Tony McDonnell is the most charismatic person on the panel...

More irrelevant Oireland rubbish, an absolutely excruciating interview with Marco Tardelli translated off-screen in real time (why in God's name could that not have been recorded if it had to be featured at all?)

They might as well have pulled cloakroom tickets out of a paint bucket for the League Cup draw, shambles. And another poxy o.g. on Raiders. Have they taped over all the good archive material with bogball and Celtic reserves matches or something? 3/10.

superfrank
26/05/2008, 8:17 PM
Monday Night Soccer is the ONLY devoted football show on RTÉ so naturally enough they will cover international stuff. It's no surprise.

If the show were called something like, oh let's say, "EL Weekly" then you would have a point to complain.

Mr A
26/05/2008, 8:22 PM
I don't think they were as good tonight either. It just didn't flow very well and the panelists were really boring. You need Rico or Roddy or the like there to add a bit of colour. Without that the amount of talk as opposed to action makes things feel very dragged out.

I don't mind them tying in the Ireland teams the way they do- it's good to project the impression of the whole Irish football scene being one entity, but that tonight was just awful.

Da Real Rover
26/05/2008, 8:29 PM
For **** sake Dave Barry is terrible.
If its anything outside Crok he makes it up on the spot.
He really hasnt got a clue outside Cork.

But I wouldnt go so hard on the rest, apart from Faz, wow he really is an idiot.
Bring Rico and Roddy back.

superfrank
26/05/2008, 8:30 PM
I hope to God Roddy doesn't see these messages calling him BACK!!! He might get the idea someone other than him values his opinion...

Seagull-4-life
26/05/2008, 8:40 PM
Matthews is an eejit. "Could have had a goal or two before we did score"

They scored after ninety seconds with their first chance. :confused:

:D I laughed when I heard that too

The camera angles were so annoying and the interview was shocking.

I watched it with a few non-eircom league loving mates of mine and afterwards they're exact words were 'that's why the eircom league's a joke'.

Compared to match of the day it is a shambles

misterk
26/05/2008, 10:32 PM
compared to previous high quality episodes, that was excruciating tonight. We get the message: Tardelli and Trap aren't great at English, but the novelty factor of these interviews has worn off at this stage. Tony O'D persisting with mind numbingly boring questions also.

I'd prefer more analysis such as Wes Charles mistake stuff, not just talking about nothing, the panel should be showing us why they are experts. Too much drivel about nothing in particular tonight. Tony McD is good, other 2 lads aren't up to much and shouldn't be back.

Buile Shuibhne
26/05/2008, 10:45 PM
Have our posts been answered?

You haven't - in the thread where you talk crap about how Shels conduct their business post meltdown.

Dodge
26/05/2008, 10:55 PM
And another poxy o.g. on Raiders.

If thats what people request...

Had my favourite Gilesy piece of commentary on it too; "Whats the American lad's name?"

Hamilton;"Keegan"

Made me laugh then, still makes me laugh now...

Angus
27/05/2008, 7:47 AM
Does Jackie Hurley warrant a Totty watch mention ?

Duggie
27/05/2008, 8:02 AM
Does Jackie Hurley warrant a Totty watch mention ?

EH YES !!
been saying that for a while. where do i sign up ?? :D

Duggie
27/05/2008, 8:07 AM
didnt think it was that bad of a show. faz is a complete dope poor fella !
what sorta kack questions were those that o'donaghue was askin tardelli, oh my God such muck made all the more awfull by the delay in his answers. Marco must have been thinking who is this idiot im talking to on the beach, take him away. as someone else said barry is an awfull guest.

oriel
27/05/2008, 8:41 AM
Wes Charles is possibly the worst central defender of all time in the Prem Div. He was a statue for Bohs winner, seems to be a feature of his game, knock it out for a corner then just forget to defend. Cant believe Galway are still sticking by him. He`s worth a goal against every game.

Fivesilver
27/05/2008, 10:12 AM
faz is a complete dope poor fella !

If he gets the winner in Drogheda I couldn't care less if Rommy had to tie his boots before the game.
Stephen Hawking's a bloody genius, but I don't want him up front for us. :D

Duggie
27/05/2008, 10:31 AM
If he gets the winner in Drogheda I couldn't care less if Rommy had to tie his boots before the game.
Stephen Hawking's a bloody genius, but I don't want him up front for us. :D

whats 7 times 6 ? :D

Sniffer
27/05/2008, 10:40 AM
The Tardelli interview was painful to watch, but its presence may lure a few curious onlookers to the show - who are then exposed to the show. Unfortunately, the show included Dave Barry who has exhausted his retinue of comments at this stage. Time for a splash - Barry overboard. He answered his last question about Cork's prospects by saying that Darren Murphy was in for Gamble last week but Gamble will be back. Mentioned that Georgie started on the right and he's back out there. Didn't he only play central when Healy was out? Unlike Tardelli and his interpreter, Dave Barry doesn't seem to be able to hear my shouts at the screen.

micls
27/05/2008, 10:41 AM
The Tardelli interview was painful to watch, but its presence may lure a few curious onlookers to the shopw - who are then exposed to the show. Unfortunately, the show included Dave Barry who has exhausted his retinue of comments at this stage. Time for a splash - Barry overboard. He answered his last question about Cork's prospects by saying that Darren Murphy was in for Gamble last week but Gamble will be back. Mentioned that Georgie started on the right and he's back out there. Didn't he only play central when Healy was out? Unlike Tardelli and his interpreter, Dave Barry doesn't seem to be able to hear my shouts at the screen.

George has being playing in a central 3. He played in a central 3 in Bray too. Dunno what Dave was talking about

brianw82
27/05/2008, 1:52 PM
Someone should really tell Dave Barry and Roddy to not wear blue & white striped shirts on tv. My God, it almost gave me epilepsy!

Duggie
27/05/2008, 2:11 PM
another thing that gets to me is one minute con murphy is on MNS, then he pops up on crimecall and wait then the golf.....bloody hell. give the gig to tony mcdonnell i say. far and away the best with rico that is but rico would be better as an analyst. just stop trying to be funny con...its not working. :(

bellavistaman
27/05/2008, 2:14 PM
another thing that gets to me is one minute con murphy is on MNS, then he pops up on crimecall and wait then the golf.....bloody hell. give the gig to tony mcdonnell i say. far and away the best with rico that is but rico would be better as an analyst. just stop trying to be funny con...its not working. :(

i think con murphy is the perfect personality for the job. He has a interest in sport, he knows what hes talking about in every sport he covers, give the man a break

Duggie
27/05/2008, 2:20 PM
i think con murphy is the perfect personality for the job. He has a interest in sport, he knows what hes talking about in every sport he covers, give the man a break

fair enough - i actually dont think hes to bad. but i'll be switching off the day peter collins steps in for him :eek:

Duggie
27/05/2008, 2:28 PM
in fact jacqui hurley should take it over.....;)

CameramanConka
27/05/2008, 2:43 PM
in fact jacqui hurley should take it over.....;)

Stalker :cool:

Duggie
27/05/2008, 2:45 PM
Stalker :cool:

no ur right.......oops busted :o

higgins
27/05/2008, 4:19 PM
I think last nights show had to be worse than anything TV3 ever came out with.

I like MNS, look forward to it every week but last night was awful. Dave Barry is clueless!! he doesn't answer the questions he's asked (bit like Pineapple Stu) and seems to keep adding bits to fill time while Con lets him waffle.

Tony McDonnell is good and Paul Lennon is ok at giving a history and backgound to some of the situations they talk about. Paul will try to give more than just the footballing side of the story which is good. Usually the others say the bottom teams need to score goals, the mid table teams need to win their home games and the teams at the top need to win the big games but Paul will talk about the previous clubs and budgets and so on. He's not as relaxed behnd the camera but far more interesting than Dave Barry!!

As for the interview!

How long is the love affair with the media going to last ?
Pointless questions.

What else does your one Jackie do ?

Sam_Heggy
27/05/2008, 4:21 PM
What else does your one Jackie do ?

A gentleman never tells :cool:

cheifo
27/05/2008, 4:25 PM
Duggie, we should arrange it for you to do a sixty seconds interview with Jacquie.I think your questions will be interesting and not involve Tracker mortgages.:)

Con is the man for the job and Tony McDonnell is coming across very well.

I would like to see a feature where they take two barstoolers who agree to pick an EL team to follow for the season and see how they get on.

Fivesilver
27/05/2008, 9:55 PM
one minute con murphy is on MNS, then he pops up on crimecall and wait then the golf

RTE's answer to Graham Norton.

SligoBrewer
27/05/2008, 9:56 PM
RTE's answer to Graham Norton.

'Cept he's sexy.;)

Salmon Coloured
28/05/2008, 6:48 AM
For **** sake Dave Barry is terrible.
If its anything outside Crok he makes it up on the spot.
He really hasnt got a clue outside Cork.

But I wouldnt go so hard on the rest, apart from Faz, wow he really is an idiot.
Bring Rico and Roddy back.

A lot of truth here. They can get rid of Barry as hes another Corkie constantly sounding like hes put out, its just that bloody accent. Anyone see him on celebrity banisteoir? Well able to talk to the camera when Mayfield were in the game somewhat & then promptly disappeared once it was out of reach. "He really hasnt got a clue outside Cork", well that covers a lot down there & well said.
Faz did indeed look like a gorm, hadnt a clue & I was embarressed for him. He couldnt even sound funny with the questions. 7 x 6 ? PLEASE!!!!!
No dont bring back Rico or Roddy, actually do just to replace Dave Barry eternally.
Definitely the worst MNS so far but still a good show & ill give them a break on last Monday.
Again no Dave Barry as I cant stand whingers, especially Cork whingers.

Duggie
28/05/2008, 8:18 AM
Duggie, we should arrange it for you to do a sixty seconds interview with Jacquie.I think your questions will be interesting and not involve Tracker mortgages.:)

Con is the man for the job and Tony McDonnell is coming across very well.

I would like to see a feature where they take two barstoolers who agree to pick an EL team to follow for the season and see how they get on.

yes please.....:D