PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Mullingar Town?

daithi
30/08/2001, 1:00 PM
So, what do you all think of Mullingar Towns
expensive plans, will it work?
Should the local youth be given a chance?
Do the players need work permits?
Has Jim Moore lost his mind or is it just a case of more money than sense?
(that should keep you going for a while)

EddieL
13/09/2001, 5:39 PM
I've always believed football here should be spread around the country and I think Mullngar Town do have the catchment area to support a team in the eircom league ala LTFC.I don't know what type of ground they have at the moment but I've passed the greyhound stadium in the town a number of times,it looks good on the outside so I wonder if they could play there?I see they've started playing in the U21 league which is hopefully a stepping stone to taking St Francis' place in division one.However,while I applaud the enterprise of the guy (whose name escapes me at the moment) who's trying to get things going,I can't say I agree with him bringing over young players from London.Better,I think,that he spends his money locally and on developing local youngsters and facilities.What he's doing I can't see working out but,at the same time,being a successful businessman he's obviously not stupid.So if he makes a success of his latest venture,fair play to him!

Schumi
13/09/2001, 6:18 PM
As far as I know, the players are English. If so, they won't need permits (only if they're from outside the EU).