PDA

View Full Version : Trap & Tardelli's Celebration

Duggie
26/05/2008, 8:08 AM
of the goal sat night was brilliant. i was really pleased to see their reaction. looked like it meant so much to them. prob the fact that their substitution worked with keogh aswell. lets hope we give them more to celebrate against columbia on thu night. i think keogh should start with keane with murphy coming in depending on how it goes.

elroy
26/05/2008, 8:16 AM
Ya was almost the highlight of dull night for me. Doesnt really mean anything I suppose but nice to see it. i think it may have been linked to the set piece, first time we scored from an organised set piece in how long!

amaccann
26/05/2008, 8:46 AM
Missed the match as I was out with friends, but caught the celebration on TV; it certainly looked like it meant the world to Tardelli bless 'im! :D

Denis The Red
26/05/2008, 10:03 AM
it certainly looked like it meant the world to Tardelli bless 'im! :D

He always celebrates goals like that. Remember his reaction when he scored for Italy in the '82 World Cup final. Talk about getting carried away.:rolleyes:

Duggie
26/05/2008, 10:08 AM
I loved it have to say.:ball:

as_i_say
26/05/2008, 11:49 AM
agree it was great to see. and why not celebrate a goal, it was a great move from the 2 subs- i dunno whether we will have much to celebrate with this team so might as well make the most of the good spots!

jbyrne
26/05/2008, 2:45 PM
I thought it was over the top from Tardelli. They scraped a draw at home against an average side after a poor performance. It's not really anything to be proud of let alone jump around joyously about.

The enthusiasm is nice, when you win. But maybe I'm reading too much into it but I'd worry if Tardelli and Trap were overall pleased with those kind of results and performances. Brings back memories of O Shea jumping for joy after Ireland scored the winner in San Marino.

its just so easy to be negative all the time :rolleyes:

Razors left peg
26/05/2008, 3:21 PM
its just so easy to be negative all the time :rolleyes:

.... just what I was thinking... it would be nice if some people could just realise that they had scored a goal in injury time with a set piece from the training ground and with a player they had just brought on as sub,the coaches were entitled to feel like they did something right... and I cant help but think that if they just sat there impassively the same people would be critisizing them and saying that they dont care enough and are only here for the money

geysir
26/05/2008, 3:33 PM
Can yez not realize that Ciaran has an Attention Addiction Disorder, his posts are not designed to make sense they are designed to attract attention.

irishultra
26/05/2008, 5:01 PM
Jack Charlton had a little moan about Il Trap. It was on the front of The Star.

What an *******.

amaccann
26/05/2008, 10:24 PM
Does anyone have or know of any footage of the celebration? I missed the goal (and most of the match) being in a pub with friends at the time & wouldn't mind seeing tardelli's riverdance again :D

Morbo
27/05/2008, 1:50 AM
Jack Charlton had a little moan about Il Trap. It was on the front of The Star.

What an *******.
What did he say? have you got a link?

Wolfie
27/05/2008, 7:20 AM
Did he call him a young pup? :D

Very good Ruben :D

craig7042
27/05/2008, 6:49 PM
He always celebrates goals like that. Remember his reaction when he scored for Italy in the '82 World Cup final. Talk about getting carried away.:rolleyes:

We need to be reminded of what it means! It was fabulous.

Denis The Red
28/05/2008, 6:26 PM
We need to be reminded of what it means! It was fabulous.
You're obviously not aware of the concept of sarcasm. I said he got carried away in the world cup final, if you don't get ecstatic scoring a goal in the world cup final there's something wrong with you. I'm all for mad celebrations, it shows they're passionate about something.
Steve Staunton got sent off in his first competitive match as manager against Germany and I thought,"Good on ya Stan" (last time I said that, though) shows a bit of spirit.