View Full Version : Likely Team to start against Georgia

Pages : [1] 2

Noelys Guitar
25/05/2008, 10:15 PM
Kiely/Given

Kelly Dunne O'Shea Kilbane/Delaney

Finnan A.Reid S.Reid/Carsley Duff

Doyle Keane

I believe Trap will play persist with Finnan in midfield rather than at full back as our midfield is unbalanced on the right and I don't see S.Ireland coming back.

Razors left peg
25/05/2008, 10:30 PM
Kiely/Given

Doyle Keane

I believe Trap will play persist with Finnan in midfield rather than at full back as our midfield is unbalanced on the right and I don't see S.Ireland coming back.

McGeady will be in the team

Greenforever
25/05/2008, 10:30 PM
Given

Finnan Dunne O'Shea Delaney

McGeady A Reid Kilbane Duff

Keane Keogh

Razors left peg
25/05/2008, 10:37 PM
Given

Finnan Dunne O'Shea Delaney

McGeady A Reid Kilbane Duff

Keane Keogh

why would u have Kilbane in central midfield??

finnpark
25/05/2008, 10:40 PM
Assuming Finnan and O'Brien and Ireland are retired:

Given

Kelly Dunne O'Shea Kilbane

McGeady Carsely A Reid Duff

Doyle and Keane

Thats the probable team. My preferred team:

Given
Kelly (Finnan if available) Dunne O'Brien (if avail) O'Shea (if O'Brien at CB)

Mc Geady Hunt Carsely A Reid Duff

Murphy

beepbeep
25/05/2008, 10:43 PM
Given
Kelly Dunne O Shea Finnan

Ireland Carsley A.Reid McGeady

Duff

Keane

No worries about the defence, i think they can all do a job in those positons. yes finnan and o shea have played there before. there better and experienced at international level then delaney and mc shane.
Midfiled, carsley for a defvesive role, sweeping up anything that comes from their midfield(makalele type) Ireland and A. McGeady to cause havoc on the wings. Areid to deliver them acute passes to the front men, and he has a good foot for set pieces. Give duff freedom to move about up front switching to the left and right. and keep robbie keane up front in the six yard box. something he hasnt been doing for Ireland. he will get service from the midfield and duff.

WHO NEEDS TRAP WHEN IM HERE LOL !

Razors left peg
25/05/2008, 10:44 PM
Given
Kelly Dunne O Shea Finnan

Ireland Carsley A.Reid McGeady

Duff

Keane

How many times does Duff have to play in that position before people realise that he cant do it???

FarBeag
25/05/2008, 10:53 PM
Given

Finnan/Kelly Dunne O'Shea/ St Ledger Delaney

McGeady A Reid S Reid Duff

Keane Keogh

stojkovic
25/05/2008, 11:09 PM
Kiely/Given

Doyle Keane

Finnan retired because he was played out of position.

Do you think he will come back to do the same?

I don't think so.

If he returns, it will be as a right full only.

Paddy Garcia
26/05/2008, 12:10 AM
Better teams, but there are still one or two people who know nothing about football still willing to champion McShane. He was no worse yesterday than the rest of the season.

Should also get Lawrence in.

Noelys Guitar
26/05/2008, 2:51 AM
Interesting comments about McGeady from Trap

Three of Saturday night’s players — Daryl Murphy (knee), Paul McShane (neck) and Richard Dunne (foot) — picked up minor knocks in the game but the manager expects all to be available for selection for next Thursday’s friendly against Colombia at Craven Cottage. However, he still hasn’t quite made up his mind about the inclusion of Celtic’s Aiden McGeady. “I’m not sure if he’ll play right away,” he said. “I want to see him and make sure that he understands the new system before I put him in the team.”

McGeady will not be starting in Georgia as Duff has nailed down the left wing slot. I would say that Hunt is now behind McGeady in the pecking order. Trap and Marco are making their own minds up about players and how those players play for the team. I am a big fan of McGeady but he will have to dislodge Duff as there is no way Trap is going to pay him on the right wing ala Staunton. Finnan wil play in midfield because Trap will tell him it is best for the team. He will cajole him. We can't be overrun by sides especially away from home. IMO Trap is trying to give the opposition the least amount of chances possible to score. Robbie Keane is going to be key as he is going to have to take the few chances we will create. In the words of Dunphy if you want entertainment go to the pictures. If you want us to qualify for 2010 then get ready for some dour battles. I can't wait and am ready to pack the bags for SA.

The Scientist
26/05/2008, 7:39 AM
Given

Finnan Dunne O Brien O Shea

Ireland S Reid A Reid Duff

Keane Doyle

my starting 11

Dr. Ogba
26/05/2008, 7:57 AM
ah good to see we're back on form with some crazy team suggestions...

Finnan right wing - completely inneffective, the only reason he was played there in the past was because we didn't actually have anyone else to play there...now we could have Duff (who is actually looking better on the right than left), McGeady, Lawrence and possibly Ireland. Also, Kelly's distribution is muck so we really need Finnan back at RB asap.

Kilbane CM??? :eek: say no more....

and Murphy up front by himself? What has he done to earn a starting spot?

Anyway, if 4-4-2 I'd go for the following:

Given
Kelly Dunne O'Shea Delaney

McGeady A.Reid S.Reid Duff

Keane Keogh

I think Keogh's shown enough to warrant inclusion. Also I think he'd be an excellent foil for Keane but by jaysus, we really need Finnan and Andy O'Brien back asap if we have any plans to keep clean sheets....

Duggie
26/05/2008, 9:15 AM
ah good to see we're back on form with some crazy team suggestions...

Finnan right wing - completely inneffective, the only reason he was played there in the past was because we didn't actually have anyone else to play there...now we could have Duff (who is actually looking better on the right than left), McGeady, Lawrence and possibly Ireland. Also, Kelly's distribution is muck so we really need Finnan back at RB asap.

Kilbane CM??? :eek: say no more....

and Murphy up front by himself? What has he done to earn a starting spot?

Anyway, if 4-4-2 I'd go for the following:

Given
Kelly Dunne O'Shea Delaney

McGeady A.Reid S.Reid Duff

Keane Keogh

I think Keogh's shown enough to warrant inclusion. Also I think he'd be an excellent foil for Keane but by jaysus, we really need Finnan and Andy O'Brien back asap if we have any plans to keep clean sheets....

ya this would be pretty much my team aswell. hopefully keogh will keep up his good form. doyle is outa sorts at the minute but murphy could also play his part.

lionelhutz
26/05/2008, 11:15 AM
Given

Finnan Dunne O Brien O Shea

Keane Doyle

my starting 11

I'd agree with this team except I'd start McGeady for Doyle (who's confidence seems to be shot). I'd switch Duff to the right, McGeady on the left and Ireland playing off Keane where I believe he's most effective.

Of course this is assuming the exiled trio return and there are no injuries - fairly doubtful we'll be this lucky

placid casual
26/05/2008, 11:36 AM
some interesting views here on the starting X11 for ireland.
one thing worries me tho.
that is not a defensive midfield by any stretch of the imagination.
all those players are forward thinking not defensively minded.

for what its worth heres my team:
Given
Kelly dunne o'brien O'Shea
s hunt a reid carlsy mcgeady
Keane doyle

subs : keogh,duff, n hunt*, an other

* think noel hunt is worth a go.doing good things in sweaty-land.

Kingdom
26/05/2008, 11:48 AM
Given

Finnan
O'Brien
Dunne
DD/KK

Reid
Reid

McGeady
Keogh
Duff

Keane

lionelhutz
26/05/2008, 12:27 PM
I don't understsand some people having Carsley in their starting line ups. He's an extremely poor footballer with no pace, skill or stamina. I couldn't believe the hype surrounding his return in the last campaign considering how shocking a player he was for Ireland before he retired a few years back.

Also, the man himself realises he doesnt have much left in him as he's chosen to drop down a division. And yet some people still believe he's a better option for us than Stephen Reid - an intelligent midfielder who always seems to choose the right pass and an excellent tackler with a great engine. I find that laughable.

livehead1
26/05/2008, 12:34 PM
I don't understsand some people having Carsley in their starting line ups. He's an extremely poor footballer with no pace, skill or stamina. I couldn't believe the hype surrounding his return in the last campaign considering how shocking a player he was for Ireland before he retired a few years back.

Also, the man himself realises he doesnt have much left in him as he's chosen to drop down a division. And yet some people still believe he's a better option for us than Stephen Reid - an intelligent midfielder who always seems to choose the right pass and an excellent tackler with a great engine. I find that laughable.

Do you know what's laughable? You're opinion! Carsley...no stamina? I was listening to Jamie Redknapp the other day and he had him runner up for his player of the season. I would take his view, him being a former midfielder. Carsley did a great job for Everton and they wanted him to stay..Then to your comments about dropping down as there aint much left in him?! The fact of the matter is he has a child with downs syndrome and wanted to spend more time with his family in the midlends as opposed to living in an apartment in liverpool. Here are Moyes comments: "I'd like to thank Lee Carsley for his years at Everton Football Club. He has undoubtedly been a big part in our success in the last few seasons," said Moyes.

"Lee feels he now needs to be closer to his family and everyone at the club fully appreciates that."

Get your facts right before spouting sh*te

Dr. Ogba
26/05/2008, 12:37 PM
I was listening to Jamie Redknapp the other day ............... I would take his view

there's your first mistake...

livehead1
26/05/2008, 12:39 PM
there's your first mistake...

Ha, believe it or not, I value his opinion for the fact that he was a professional footballer, played at the highest level and will be well aware of the qualities that Carsley brought to the Everton side. I would value his opinion somewhat more than that of, 'lionelhutz' perhaps.

Duggie
26/05/2008, 12:41 PM
i wouldnt have carsely in my team either - we need to move on from him now.

jbyrne
26/05/2008, 12:46 PM
duff isnt 50% on the rw than the lw. yes he went past a few players on sat but home many decent crosses / final balls did he put in from the right? we should play our best players in their best positions and fill in the gaps with others. definately duff on the left and mcgeady on the right

Dr. Ogba
26/05/2008, 12:48 PM
Ha, believe it or not, I value his opinion for the fact that he was a professional footballer, played at the highest level and will be well aware of the qualities that Carsley brought to the Everton side. I would value his opinion somewhat more than that of, 'lionelhutz' perhaps.

personally, I think he's easily the worst pundit I've ever seen, and that includes Mark Lawrenson...he spoutes some amount of awful cliched drivel, I actually find it kind of offensive that he gets paid for it aswell!!

anyway, back on topic - I think Carsley still has something to offer but I would have Steven Reid in the starting XI ahead of him...

lionelhutz
26/05/2008, 1:29 PM
Do you know what's laughable? You're opinion! Carsley...no stamina? I was listening to Jamie Redknapp the other day and he had him runner up for his player of the season. I would take his view, him being a former midfielder. Carsley did a great job for Everton and they wanted him to stay..Then to your comments about dropping down as there aint much left in him?! The fact of the matter is he has a child with downs syndrome and wanted to spend more time with his family in the midlends as opposed to living in an apartment in liverpool. Here are Moyes comments: "I'd like to thank Lee Carsley for his years at Everton Football Club. He has undoubtedly been a big part in our success in the last few seasons," said Moyes.

"Lee feels he now needs to be closer to his family and everyone at the club fully appreciates that."

Get your facts right before spouting sh*te

What a mature reply. I know he said he wanted to be closer to his family but why didn't the likes of Aston Villa come in for him? I've no doubt he's done well at Everton but this is because of the way they play with 5 in midfield. Carsley was expected to break up opposition attacks and nothing else - which he did very well.

However, Ireland need so much more from their midfielders and Carsley has never had the quality to be an all round midfielder.

And as for your agreement with the statemtents of Jamie Redknapp......I just won't go there

cartman
26/05/2008, 2:07 PM
jamie redknapps opinion is being taken seriously on this thread!!! if thats the case this thread should be locked - just for its ridiculousness...
as for lee carsley - an absolutely attrocious midfielder
he has no footballing skills whatsoever - only reason he is palying in the premier division is evertons tactics..they wanted 1 player in their midfield who will never go past the half way line..
he has no skill,no vision,cant pass the ball,cant cover the ground,no real pace.. he has basically has nothing you would look for in a decent central midfielder..
but if jamie says hes a good player, he must be right:p

livehead1
26/05/2008, 2:38 PM
What a mature reply. I know he said he wanted to be closer to his family but why didn't the likes of Aston Villa come in for him? I've no doubt he's done well at Everton but this is because of the way they play with 5 in midfield. Carsley was expected to break up opposition attacks and nothing else - which he did very well.

However, Ireland need so much more from their midfielders and Carsley has never had the quality to be an all round midfielder.

And as for your agreement with the statemtents of Jamie Redknapp......I just won't go there

You ask why didn't 'the likes of Aston Villa come in for him'; yet you then proceed to answer it with your next line. Its the role he performs for Everton and Villa don't play this way. Judging my Everton's success it would suggest it works.

I'm not discussing Redknapp's punditry abilities, the facts state that he was a professional footballer, and as such is able to recognise what Carsley brings to his team. I'm sure if I could be bothered I could pick up far more quotes from other's but we all know he's done a good job the last few years.

As for Ireland needing so much more from their midfielders, may I politely suggest that Everton, of whom Carsley was an integral part of, would beat the current Ireland side with relative comfort. Whilst I don't wish to get into the merits of the two sides, if he's been good enough for Everton the last 4 years then I believe he's good enough for Ireland.

Finally, thank you for commending my maturity, although to be honest I don't believe you were asked.

livehead1
26/05/2008, 2:40 PM
jamie redknapps opinion is being taken seriously on this thread!!! if thats the case this thread should be locked - just for its ridiculousness...
he has no footballing skills whatsoever - only reason he is palying in the premier division is evertons tactics..they wanted 1 player in their midfield who will never go past the half way line..
he has no skill,no vision,cant pass the ball,cant cover the ground,no real pace.. he has basically has nothing you would look for in a decent central midfielder..

If this is the case, one must wonder how he's managed to keep his place in a good premiership side for so many years, when they could, if your opinion is to be believed, just got in any central midfielder and told him not to go past the half way line, as he would have done a better job than Carsley. Your comments are drivel, and offensive to a player who has been excellant for his club for a number of years.

carloz
26/05/2008, 2:43 PM
Trap said on May 1 that the player he is most looking forward to working with is McGeady. He said he reminds him or an old style winger. After Hunts performance against Serbia McGeady should be ahead of him.

Expected team
-----------------Given
Finnan ---- Dunne------O'Shea------Kilbane

McGeady-----Carsley------A.Reid------Duff

Doyle------Keane

My prefered team

----------------Given
Finnan ----- Dunne------O'Brien------Kilbane

A. Reid------ S. Reid-----Carsley-----Duff

Doyle-------Keane

Would like to see Delaney and Lawrence close to the starting 11. I really worry about the physical stature of our team. These two lads are well built and a good size.

kingdomkerry
26/05/2008, 2:54 PM
Theres no way Trap will play an away game with Duff and McGeady half of a midfield 4.

Home

Given
Kelly Dunne O'Brien Finnan
Duff S.Reid A.Reid McGeady
Keane Doyle

Away
Given
Carsley
Ireland S.Reid A.Reid Duff
Keane

FarBeag
26/05/2008, 3:05 PM
Theres no way Trap will play an away game with Duff and McGeady half of a midfield 4.

Home

Given
Duff S.Reid A.Reid McGeady
Keane Doyle

Away
Given
Carsley
Ireland S.Reid A.Reid Duff
Keane

No no no no. Do you want Finnan to stay if he comes back into the fold? If so why would you have him at left back??

cartman
26/05/2008, 3:07 PM
You ask why didn't 'the likes of Aston Villa come in for

As for Ireland needing so much more from their midfielders, may I politely suggest that Everton, of whom Carsley was an integral part of, would beat the current Ireland side with relative comfort. Whilst I don't wish to get into the merits of the two sides, if he's been good enough for Everton the last 4 years then I believe he's good enough for Ireland.

Finally, thank you for commending my maturity, although to be honest I don't believe you were asked.

i have to say you are a clown.. or a shambles more to the point.. because carsley plays regularly for everton, and they are a better side than ireland [ which i wouldnt question] - erego he must start with ireland.. thats the most comical argument ever.. you really are thick - no wonder you are a jamie redknapp fan :)

Razors left peg
26/05/2008, 3:17 PM
If this is the case, one must wonder how he's managed to keep his place in a good premiership side for so many years, when they could, if your opinion is to be believed, just got in any central midfielder and told him not to go past the half way line, as he would have done a better job than Carsley. Your comments are drivel, and offensive to a player who has been excellant for his club for a number of years.

Agree totally with you about Carsley.Years ago I didnt rate him at all and I put him in the same bracket as Gary Doherty but he has proved with Everton that he is a quality player.Just because he doesnt spray 50 yard passes around the place doesnt mean he isnt a good player. He reads the game excellently and breaks up the oppositions midfield in the same way that Makelele does for Chelsea. These type of players can be vital for a team, although maybe not quite as effective in a 4-4-2 formation

Irish_Praha
26/05/2008, 3:17 PM

I'd like to see us try a 4-1-2-2-1 formation including Carsley to do exactly what he does/did for Everton.

Given
Finnan-Dunne-A. O'Brien-O'Shea
Carsley
S. Reid-A. Reid
Keogh-Duff
Keane

If Finnan and O'Brien don't come back or if Delaney proves himself to be a solid international then I'd play Delaney at LB and O'Shea at CB.

Carsley can stay put between MF and defence to break up the opposition's play and play short uncomplicated passes to either of the two Reids.
The two Reids should come looking for the ball from Carsely and the defence. Both players, especially Andy, have a good range of passing and can work it from there up to the three players in front of them. They can decided between them which one will go forward when attacking and which one hangs around MF to be ready to defend when/if the attack breaks down.

Unfortunately we don't have a recognised out-and-out striker that would be ideal for the lone striker role and it has been shown in the past that Keane is not suited to playing there. Maybe it might work if he has a combination of Duff and Keogh creating chances for him. Keogh is more noted for his assists at both Wolves and Scunthorp although he has scored his fair share of cracking goals too. Duff would be expected play a bit deeper and attack from MF or out wide (left and right) whereas Keogh would play a more advanced role and join Robbie up front when Duff and the Reids are on the attack. Robbie would be told to always stay in and around the penalty area and try to stay onside.

It's a bit more complcated than a flat 4-2-2 but if we played zonal football, where each player knew his exact role, it could work.

It would be nice to have the luxury of a few games to tinker with the front three and try different combinations of Duff, McGeady, Keane, Doyle, Long, Murphy, Morrisson, Ireland and Keogh. Although for me Duff and Keane should be there. Maybe in a few years Stokes will be ready for the lone striker role.

lionelhutz
26/05/2008, 3:36 PM
You ask why didn't 'the likes of Aston Villa come in for him'; yet you then proceed to answer it with your next line. Its the role he performs for Everton and Villa don't play this way. Judging my Everton's success it would suggest it works.

I'm not discussing Redknapp's punditry abilities, the facts state that he was a professional footballer, and as such is able to recognise what Carsley brings to his team. I'm sure if I could be bothered I could pick up far more quotes from other's but we all know he's done a good job the last few years.

Evertons best starting 11 is better than Irelands best team. This is one of the reasons Carsley shouldn't be near Irelands team. Everton have better players around Carsley to compensate for his many shortcomings as a midfielder. And their formation and tactics meant that they could accommodate him in the team.

Just because he started for Everton doesnt mean he should start for Ireland - which seems to be your argument. Anyway, considering he'll be playing in the championship with Birmingham by the time the qualifiers start and the likes of the two Reids, Whelan, Ireland etc will be playing in the Premier League wouldn't this mean these players should be ahead of Carsley in the pecking order by your logic?

kingdomkerry
26/05/2008, 3:43 PM
No no no no. Do you want Finnan to stay if he comes back into the fold? If so why would you have him at left back??

Its our best defensive unit. I dont care if he'd prefer to play right back. We need a quality player left back and Kelly can do a job on the right. He'll play where he's told to play. What if every player said "right ill play in x position and if you play me in y or z im outta here"

dr_peepee
26/05/2008, 3:46 PM
Carsley is much about what he stops the other team doing as he is about what he contributes.... Wether he plays is not about how good he is at the job he does, but about whether Trap wants that job done. Carsley won't feature in a standard middle 4

Given

Finnan Dunne O'Shea Kelly
-----Carsley S Reid -------
---------A.Reid
Keane------------- Duff
---------Doyle

This formation capitalises on what little strength in depth we have and insulates from suspensions and injuries.

Didn't see the game, was at a wedding, so can't say how Delany played at LB. It's gonna be the best of a bad bunch regardless.

Joey O'Brien can come in for Carsley or S Reid
Ireland can come in for A. Reid
McGeady can come in for Duff or Keane.
Keane can pay up front but I don't think we get the best from him up there on his own.
There's a number of average options for the lone front man.

livehead1
26/05/2008, 3:59 PM
Evertons best starting 11 is better than Irelands best team. This is one of the reasons Carsley shouldn't be near Irelands team. Everton have better players around Carsley to compensate for his many shortcomings as a midfielder. And their formation and tactics meant that they could accommodate him in the team.

Just because he started for Everton doesnt mean he should start for Ireland - which seems to be your argument. Anyway, considering he'll be playing in the championship with Birmingham by the time the qualifiers start and the likes of the two Reids, Whelan, Ireland etc will be playing in the Premier League wouldn't this mean these players should be ahead of Carsley in the pecking order by your logic?

I dont actually remember stating that he should be starting for Ireland, and I agree it will depend very much on the formation/style of play that is adopted by the manager.

However, my point was, if you refer back to my original reply is that I feel you are wrong about Carsley on two or three points and I think I have addressed them.

FarBeag
26/05/2008, 4:02 PM
But he is not a natural left back.He should not be played out of position as it would be counter productive for him and Ireland. This is one of the reasons he retired prematurely. I agree that players should not dictate where they play but for now it's a sensitive issue with Finnan.

Duggie
26/05/2008, 4:03 PM

what is this a joke or what. where did u come up with this mate :confused:

livehead1
26/05/2008, 4:04 PM
i have to say you are a clown.. or a shambles more to the point.. because carsley plays regularly for everton, and they are a better side than ireland [ which i wouldnt question] - erego he must start with ireland.. thats the most comical argument ever.. you really are thick - no wonder you are a jamie redknapp fan :)

Anyone that can deduce from what I have said that I am a fan of Jamie Redknapp is someone I would describe as 'lacking' in the intelligence department.

Lets get one or two things straight. You have clearly never played football at a decent level if you really and truly believe them comments about Carsley to be true. If you had, then perhaps you would know a little more about what he 'brings to the table' so to speak.

Secondly, your comments about Carsley seem to fly in the face of the opinion of just about anyone in football. He is, and has been highly rated as a defensive minded player for a number of years. His positional sense, awareness, tackling, and short passing have ensured he has been able to have a sustained career at a very high level.

Finally, if you wish to make a personal attack on someone's intelligence, may I strongly suggest that I believe it is likely to be far superior to yours, if your argument as to Carsleys ability (or the lack of it if you are to believed) is anything to go by.

livehead1
26/05/2008, 4:06 PM

Managers don't pick teams to accomodate players with 'shortcomings'. They replace them...

Greenforever
26/05/2008, 4:11 PM
why would u have Kilbane in central midfield??

The thread is Likely Team to start against Georgia

not what would be my choice as most have taken it to be

I just have a feeling that Trap will play someone out of their normal postition and think it could be Kilbane. Kilbane is a workhorse who will do anything asked and may be the most adaptable player we have in that regard.

Im undecided as to who I would like to see start against Georgia, but am looking forward to the match on Thursday and the Norway game.

cartman
26/05/2008, 4:12 PM
what is this a joke or what. where did u come up with this mate :confused:

are you serious johnathan????????????
are you actually saying everton dont have players in midfield to make up for carsleys limitations [to be kind]..arteta and cahill, or osman usually play alongside him.. this is so he can stand in the centre circle in case of an opposition attack...he doesnt ever have to worry about the attacking side..

but you are actually implying that irelands midfield is stronger than this??? and so carsley can easily fill a good role in it?? its a mockery of a statement

Razors left peg
26/05/2008, 4:19 PM
The thread is Likely Team to start against Georgia

not what would be my choice as most have taken it to be

I just have a feeling that Trap will play someone out of their normal postition and think it could be Kilbane. Kilbane is a workhorse who will do anything asked and may be the most adaptable player we have in that regard.

Im undecided as to who I would like to see start against Georgia, but am looking forward to the match on Thursday and the Norway game.

I really cant see Trap putting Kilbane in central midfield, his legs arent what they used to be and we have alot more options in that position now, I wouldnt be surprised to see him at left back though

jbyrne
26/05/2008, 5:24 PM
5 O'Dea

based on what exactly? :confused:

irishultra
26/05/2008, 5:33 PM
Given Howard (Ireland)

Finnan(?) Neville (Ireland)

Yobo McShane (Everton)

Dunne Jagielka (Ireland)

Kilbane Lescott (Everton)

McGeady Arteta (Same)

Duff Pienaar (Ireland)

Cahill A.Reid (Reid is a better player, but I'll say Cahill is more valuable)

Fernandes Steven Reid (Everton)

Keane Yakubu (Ireland)

Doyle Johnson (Ireland) Doyle scored the same amoung of goals as Johnson. Playing for a struggling team out of position. Doyle is a better all round player.

There might be some merit to saying they are better able to accomadate Carsley, but that is if you say Cahill is better than Reid. Truth is Andy Reid is a far better footballer than Tim Cahill. Cahill is a very good player for what he does, but Reid has a genius football brain.

The teams in my opinion are very evenly matched.

Superhoops
26/05/2008, 6:18 PM
Couldn't think of anyone good enough to be honest. Thought why not give him a try..

Try him out against Columbia and Norway by all means. No way he should be walking straight into the side for a competitive game.

stojkovic
26/05/2008, 8:05 PM
Why does everyone pick Stephen Reid ?

What's he done in six years ?

When will he be fit ?

Will he stay fit ?

You may aswell pick Kaka in your team. ie it aint gonna happen.

Razors left peg
26/05/2008, 9:07 PM
Why does everyone pick Stephen Reid ?

What's he done in six years ?

When will he be fit ?

Will he stay fit ?

You may aswell pick Kaka in your team. ie it aint gonna happen.

Based on his performances for Blackburn this season.....