PDA

View Full Version : Ramblers v Sunderland

luka
23/05/2008, 11:07 PM
All,

Confirmed today that Ramblers will, contrary to what's been heard on local Radio, play Sunderland on Wednesday 16th July.

don ramo
23/05/2008, 11:12 PM
cool, were playin ourselves, cant wait to see gutsie vs gutsie, should be a good game:D

heard it after the game geat stuff, must find out when tickets go on sale, should be one of the next 3 home games,

bellavistaman
24/05/2008, 11:56 AM
great news, sooner they set a date for the tickets the better

sligoman
24/05/2008, 11:59 AM
Sunderland must be making two trips to Ireland cos they're playing Athlone in August. Doubt they're staying from mid-July to August.

bellavistaman
24/05/2008, 12:01 PM
prob are im sure they can afford it

don ramo
24/05/2008, 3:04 PM
heard it on in turners x, there hoping to have the tickets on sale at the next home game, season ticket holders have first dibs, then the rest will be sold in the ground on match night

micls
24/05/2008, 8:21 PM
season ticket holders have first dibs, then the rest will be sold in the ground on match night

Good move. Ye'l get one big crowd anyway out of it

rambler14
25/05/2008, 8:15 AM
Should be a good game. Who knows we might even score????
Davin will probaly play his best game of the year against them because he must be saving himself for this game as this will be his real big chance to impress.

ramsfan
25/05/2008, 2:58 PM
Should be a good game. Who knows we might even score????
Davin will probaly play his best game of the year against them because he must be saving himself for this game as this will be his real big chance to impress.

the claws are out:D

roy would never leave afew players behind would he

ramsfan
25/05/2008, 5:49 PM
sunderlands pre season fixtures say nothing about rams , 1st team look like they will be in portugal, so likely to be a reserve side

http://www.safc.com/match/?page_id=2593

still nice to have sunderland in town

rambler14
25/05/2008, 7:33 PM
still nice to have sunderland in town

Pity it's in The Cross. Which is a disaster.

I'd say it's the last game they play before heading to Portugal.

ramsfan
25/05/2008, 7:53 PM
it is strange that it is not on their website though

bellavistaman
25/05/2008, 7:58 PM
only confirmed friday after the match so gice it till after the weekend?? theres been no dicsion on the venue, the committee will meet and agree, if this game is all about the money we have to go to the cross, extra50-75k to be made like. Id prefer to be in cobh obviously but we are a cash strapped club and it would be a money making oppurtunity missed

6yardpunisha
25/05/2008, 7:59 PM
Pity it's in The Cross. Which is a disaster.

I'd say it's the last game they play before heading to Portugal.

why so, wouldnt it make more sense to hold it in Turners Cross where they could accomodate 3/4 thousand more fans than Colmans park therefore maximising the revenue for Ramblers but hey if it puts you out then lets hold it in Cobh:eek:.

As Dahamsta says to me when he is giving me infractions for my responses to your posts - THINK BEFORE YOU POST.

If i get an infraction for this post i wont be happy at all(dahamsta give me a break please):D

bellavistaman
25/05/2008, 8:04 PM
why so, wouldnt it make more sense to hold it in Turners Cross where they could accomodate 3/4 thousand more fans than Colmans park therefore maximising the revenue for Ramblers but hey if it puts you out then lets hold it in Cobh

As Dahamsta says to me when he is giving me infractions for my responses to your posts - THINK BEFORE YOU POST.

If i get an infraction for this post i wont be happy at all(dahamsta give me a break please):D

:D, more infractions thrown about today so huh, all the deleted messgaes, bold boys!!!:D

big decision needed alright, if i was the chairman id put it in turners but from my own point of view id want it at home in comans, but i have to edge towards putting it in the cross, has to be done

don ramo
25/05/2008, 10:39 PM
cant have it in colemans lads, new stand will hopefully be started so thats no north terrace, cross is the best, its all about the money lads,

bellavistaman
26/05/2008, 2:52 AM
cant have it in colemans lads, new stand will hopefully be started so thats no north terrace, cross is the best, its all about the money lads,

indeed

Redshanks
26/05/2008, 9:20 AM
If its all about the dosh and big gates, where is the forward thinking? Surely we need to get Cobh people back inside the gates of Colman's park (1983 style). That wont happen if those who are not regular supporter of Ramblers are expected to travel to the Cross to watch the game. 4 or 5,000 now at the home ground might lose the coffers in the short term one-off big payday, but might also help to create a 2000 head regular gates every other week. It will be interesting to see what decision the wise-heads on the committee will make around this one.

ramsfan
26/05/2008, 9:51 AM
If its all about the dosh and big gates, where is the forward thinking? Surely we need to get Cobh people back inside the gates of Colman's park (1983 style). That wont happen if those who are not regular supporter of Ramblers are expected to travel to the Cross to watch the game. 4 or 5,000 now at the home ground might lose the coffers in the short term one-off big payday, but might also help to create a 2000 head regular gates every other week. It will be interesting to see what decision the wise-heads on the committee will make around this one.

he has a point, problem is we do think for now and not for future

rammie
26/05/2008, 10:21 AM
Hope they dish out the tickets better than they did for the united game

Season ticket holders should be contacted by post and in turn should submit with full payment their requirement, ok you could limit the number of tickets to each member... just in case there is a tout among us... highly unlikely I know;)

ramsfan
26/05/2008, 10:22 AM
or else make people pay into league game and sell tickets inside ground:D

outside in
26/05/2008, 12:15 PM
do u really think we will get extra people every week just cause sunderland played here once,not a hope, get the big pay day now as everyone knows we need the cash.just remember its the same "wise heads"who set up this massive game ,so ffs stop knocking them and get back in ur box:mad:

outside in
26/05/2008, 12:18 PM
or else make people pay into league game and sell tickets inside ground:D
why the big smiley face thats a good idea

bellavistaman
26/05/2008, 12:20 PM
because it wasnt done the last time, 5000 came down to get tickets and the clun didnt even make them come in to get the ticket. Not only that the supporters had to leave and que up outside to get a ticket and miss the match. i didnt end up missing the match btw i took a gamble and sgot the ticket afterwards

outside in
26/05/2008, 12:23 PM
because it wasnt done the last time, 5000 came down to get tickets and the clun didnt even make them come in to get the ticket. Not only that the supporters had to leave and que up outside to get a ticket and miss the match. i didnt end up missing the match btw i took a gamble and sgot the ticket afterwards
who's a clever boy then:D

ramsfan
26/05/2008, 12:25 PM
100 inside ground watching monaghan and 5000 outside , it was the biggest missed opportunity since we sold keane for a bag of footballs and a pair of boots from forest

Redshanks
26/05/2008, 6:57 PM
Hold up there outside-in or inside out -what ever.

I was not knocking the wise-heads (turn of expression) I was merely pointing out that yes, we all know the club needs the money, but it will still need it on July 17th and it will need it the July after that etc, so wouldnt it make more sense to use the occassion to make more than one pay day. Yes I do believe that Sunderland can help to bring people back inside the gates. I actually believe that Ramblers will be up for giving a good show on the night and could impress people to come back again. That might not happen if its in Cork. All credit to those who swung the Sunderland game, particularly the Chairman and John Mansworth, its a pity its now to be played out of town (just heard its official). Maybe the next one (celtic) might be at home.
I'm back into my box now, you can take over on your soap box!

don ramo
26/05/2008, 7:25 PM
it has to be the cross, as with the north terrrace out of commision colemans is reduced to a mere 2000, ticket will also be sold inside the ground, no sullivan around to **** this one up,

outside in
27/05/2008, 8:24 AM
Hold up there outside-in or inside out -what ever.

I'm back into my box now, you can take over on your soap box!
"inside out" good one how did u come up wit dat one:rolleyes:
as long as u stay there i got no problem:p

luka
27/05/2008, 8:45 AM
Pros and Cons for both arguements lads. Personally I'd have preferred that it was played in Cobh 'cause now I'm actually gonna have to travel to an away game, however, from a financial perspective, it makes absolute sense to have it played at the X.

The selling of the tickets though needs to be handled extremely well in order for Ramblers to this time capatilise on an income generation opportunity that was sadly missed out on for the Manure game a couple of years ago. I don't know that ins and outs of this from a legal point of view, but it may not be permissible to force people to pay entry into the ground so they can buy a ticket for another game and maybe that's what happened last time.

Redshanks
27/05/2008, 8:48 AM
Na'h not a hope. I'm like Bosco - keep poping up. I reckon you're old enough to remember him outside-in, remember that little fella with the bright red cheeks. They say it was from a hand being stuck up his arse all day.
On a serious note, the venue situation for the Sunderland game is already decided so lets make the most of it and hope it lives up to all we wish for the club.

Battery Rover
27/05/2008, 8:51 AM
but it may not be permissible to force people to pay entry into the ground so they can buy a ticket for another game and maybe that's what happened last time.

There is no problem with doing that. Galway did it last season for the Sunderland visit on the basis of one ticket per paid entry. Tickets were sold at half time. Its your match if people want to watch Sunderland let them come to a game

Redshanks
27/05/2008, 9:03 AM
I think you might be on the ball with the legal call there Luka. There is still time to come up with a credible sytem of distributing tickets though, and if it happens to fall on a time when there is a home game, people might still be encouraged to attend that game in a perfectly legal way.
I'm already resigned to the game being played at the Cross now, but for those saying it had to be there because of the construction of the north stand, well I have a sneaky feeling we wont see any action there until well after July. Thats all irrelevant now, lets hope they will fill the cross and maybe-just maybe, some will continue to follow them back to Colman's Pk later.

bellavistaman
27/05/2008, 12:27 PM
Redshanks by your comments on here so far, you seem to have alot of inside information, if your on the commitee, or a committee or just involved in the club in some manner, its not a good idea to be leaking internal information on a public forum.

6yardpunisha
27/05/2008, 1:53 PM
i think the idea of forcing people to pay into a game whilst generates revenue could also generate bad feeling, why not give priority to people who can produce ticket stubs from lets say the next two home games.This way you are not forcing people into one game to get tickets which IMO would be a logistical nightmare.

luka
27/05/2008, 2:09 PM
It may not be right depending on which way you look at it and I mentioned earlier about it being permissible or not, but that's not for me to decide. Everyone can't always be pleased and no matter what the committee decide to do, someone will find fault with it anyway. If they elect to sell the tickets inside and capatilise on the revenue generation from that system, some will whinge that it's not fair, whereas if they do like they did for the United game then some will whinge about lost opportunities.

I'd say that the Sunderland tickets should be made available first and foremost to season Ticket holders and then to those paying entry to the last home game before the Sunderland date, that being at home to Pats on Sat July 12th. When buying your ticket for the Pats game you should then be affoarded the opportunity to purchase two Sunderland tickets. Technically this is selling the tickets outside of the ground as you'd not have passed the turnstyles at that stage.

bellavistaman
27/05/2008, 2:11 PM
Pats game will be too late. I think ticket sales should go on sale ASAP. Also agree with you season ticket holders should be given first option, and take as many as you want.

ramsfan
27/05/2008, 6:11 PM
if they really want tickets make them pay into game then sell them, we all talk of revenue generators so why look a gift horse in mouth

don ramo
27/05/2008, 7:38 PM
tickets will be onsale inside the ground, this isnt the sully commitee anymore lads, ram fans have first dibs, so thereofre tickets must be sold inside the ground

outside in
27/05/2008, 8:06 PM
tickets will be onsale inside the ground, this isnt the sully commitee anymore lads, ram fans have first dibs, so thereofre tickets must be sold inside the ground
100% agreed

luka
30/05/2008, 5:06 PM
100% agreed

Lads,

The date has changed for this game. I can't post anything at the moment until Sunderland do their official Press Release. It will be nearer the end of July as opposed to the middle.

ramsfan
30/05/2008, 5:42 PM
good cos original date clashed with cork week and stuff so better that its changed :D

rambler14
30/05/2008, 7:06 PM
good cos original date clashed with cork week and stuff so better that its changed :D

Ooh sailor boy!!!:D

ramsfan
30/05/2008, 9:02 PM
ah ah ah dont go turning your attentions to me , i am not interested in that sort of thing , and if you start stalking me i will tell mucky where you live :D

6yardpunisha
30/05/2008, 9:17 PM
ah ah ah dont go turning your attentions to me , i am not interested in that sort of thing , and if you start stalking me i will tell mucky where you live :D

he's turnin into a proper little flirt:D watch out RF

ramsfan
30/05/2008, 9:23 PM
drove the club the other night and i am sure i say him dressed as a indian and his buddy as a construction worker and they were waving there hands above there heads, must have been a fancy dress or something in the club, he sure does love those leather pants:D