PDA

View Full Version : Cork match

naoise kennedy
23/05/2008, 9:24 PM
why was a keeper who has not played for 2 years in goal tonight,, why was gavin not playing,, skippy injured hamstring during the week,, played well in second half,, emeka played well except for his chance, paddy also had good chance and then there was kevins header,, at least we came out and made good chances its a pity we did not take them.........

Green&whitearmy
24/05/2008, 11:21 AM
not sure why gavin didnt play, he probably knows the players better as hes been trainning with them all season, it was a bit of a joke really.
We did play a bit better in the 2nd half but i thought the early goal unsettled the team and their heads dropped. Hopefully eddie got them up for trainning this morning and the same tomorrow, they were very poor last night.

superfrank
24/05/2008, 11:47 AM
It was very disappointing last night. The players looked shellshocked and didn't get going for twenty-odd minutes and then Cork scored twice and that finished it off.

Bray did try a lot better in the second half but it was over.

Seagull
24/05/2008, 9:41 PM
This is part of the match report from braywanderers.ie:

'From a disputed throw, Derek Pender conceded a penalty, and though Danny Murphy's flag-kick itself was cleared, Liam Kearney side-volleyed back in to find John O'Flynn whose cross past the out of position Alan Gough fell neatly for George O'Callaghan to tap home.'

Maybe something got lost in the translation?? :confused:

superfrank
25/05/2008, 1:20 PM
Flag-kick? What penalty?

Seagull-4-life
25/05/2008, 3:01 PM
why was a keeper who has not played for 2 years in goal tonight,, why was gavin not playing,, skippy injured hamstring during the week,, played well in second half,, emeka played well except for his chance, paddy also had good chance and then there was kevins header,, at least we came out and made good chances its a pity we did not take them.........

How low must gavin feel now knowing eddie would rather go out and sign someone thanm play him???

dublinwanderer
25/05/2008, 5:20 PM
i think the less said about this the better..................

i understand what everyone is saying about gavin mcinereny, but would he have done any better? he was shocking in the pre season games i seen him. at least with alan gough, he has a lot of experience and knowledge.

naoise kennedy
25/05/2008, 7:04 PM
i would'nt be at all surprised if gavin mcinerney walks out come july because of last friday.......

Hulsey
26/05/2008, 12:13 PM

i understand what everyone is saying about gavin mcinereny, but would he have done any better? he was shocking in the pre season games i seen him. at least with alan gough, he has a lot of experience and knowledge.

You say experience and knowledge, I say past it. Good keeper in his day but that days long gone, was muck on friday

BrayUnknowns
26/05/2008, 2:43 PM

Didn't McInerney only play in 1 pre season game for us? the last one before the season kicked off.... He played one half and the other lad McGuinness played in the other half.

Gough couldnt have done much about the 1st or 3rd goals but there was no need to come rushing off his line for the 2nd goal, got caught in no mans land for it. Made 1 or 2 really smart saves as well.

Superhoops
26/05/2008, 8:07 PM
....Good keeper in his day but that days long gone, was muck on friday That's unfair.

This is a far more fair assessment.

Gough couldnt have done much about the 1st or 3rd goals but there was no need to come rushing off his line for the 2nd goal, got caught in no mans land for it. Made 1 or 2 really smart saves as well.
Agree but who was supposed to be picking up Mooney who ran unchallenged to pick up the through ball?

superfrank
26/05/2008, 8:08 PM
Twice Emeika broke through the Cork defence in similar moves and Devine was slow to come off his line and both times he saved. It's not that hard.

Superhoops
26/05/2008, 8:15 PM
Twice Emeika broke through the Cork defence in similar moves and Devine was slow to come off his line and both times he saved. It's not that hard.
In the second half Emeika and Paddy Kavanagh both had one on one chances with Devine but the saves were more to do with woeful finishing rather than good goalkeeping. Dave Mooney's finish was class,

superfrank
26/05/2008, 8:18 PM
Yeah it was but Gough was still too quick to rush off his line.

Seagull-4-life
26/05/2008, 8:34 PM
I just feel sorry for McInerney

dublinwanderer
26/05/2008, 8:48 PM
Yeah it was but Gough was still too quick to rush off his line.

are you sure? gough and quick dont go together!!!!