PDA

View Full Version : Chiropractors?

blobbyblob
22/05/2008, 12:25 PM
Lads. The other thread on Doctor v Physio got me thinking.

I was referred to a Chiropractor a few week by my Doctor after my neck went into spasm. Heard good things about this fella and he seems to have qualifications but it all seems a bit bogus to me. He didnt put me at ease when he told me you could qualify in 7 days with some courses because theres no regulation

He cracks my neck twice in two different directions and jumps on my back, cracks that a little, hammers me with a kango hammer and charges me 50 quid twice a week and keeps calling me back. I actually feel worse now and my neck bones grind if i move them a certain way.

Now if he was Thai and wore a little skirt, I wouldnt mind paying up but if i want to hear cracking noises I can do my knuckles myself.

Anybody else convinced by Chiroprators?

paul_oshea
22/05/2008, 3:36 PM
NO, but I'm not convinced by Thais either to be honest.

Stevo Da Gull
22/05/2008, 11:58 PM
I've heard before that some people believe chiropractic treatment to be dangerous. I guess it depends on how much you trust your doctor. You could always cheat on your doctor and get a second opinion from another doc if you want... I hope your joking about the kango ;)

gaiscíoch
23/05/2008, 9:31 AM
Stay away from those Chiro's. They will leave you worse than you went in. One of my mates has a bad back pain and went to see one. 500 euro later he is no better and has serious problems with his neck. My advice go to a physio or a consultant...

drinkfeckarse
23/05/2008, 10:23 AM
My wife occasionally goes to one with a dodgy shoulder and it works a treat. They always want her to come back though which in itself is questionable.

IMO they can do some great things but if you keep having to go back paying £50 a time then you should ask yourself why you keep paying for a temporary fix when there is obviously an underlying or longer term problem that requires a different fix i.e surgery.

blobbyblob
23/05/2008, 11:02 AM
You could always cheat on your doctor

We're not that close tbh.