PDA

View Full Version : Euro 2008

bholg
21/05/2008, 11:59 AM
What do yis think?

I like croatia @ 15.5 on betfair. Should qualify from the group, even if they arent playing too great.. they then avoid germany (favs) in the quarters, at which point it may be time to lay them off..

Should be some great match betting during the competition.. I did loose plenty on the last world cup though :( :o

centre mid
21/05/2008, 4:07 PM
Little bit light upfront now with Eduardo De Silva gone. Still should get through the group alright but would be a bit worried about the later stages.

JC_GUFC
22/05/2008, 11:11 AM
I backed Poland @ 50/1 just before they qualified. The draw wasn't too bad for them.

I wouldn't have Germany as favs and as Greece showed anything can happen. In one off matches there isn't a whole lot between any of the European teams though.

sligoman
06/06/2008, 9:30 PM
Think I'll put money on Germany to score 4 or more goals against Poland @ 11-2. I fancy the Germans to hammer them tbh, just hope they don't sit back if they go ahead by a couple:D.

centre mid
07/06/2008, 8:22 AM
Austria @ circa 6/1 to score no goals in the comeptition.

Dodge
07/06/2008, 11:23 AM
Backed russia at 27 with betfair. I certainly think they'll get out of that group.

Back Sneijder for top scorer at 100 and Van Nistelrooy at 22

Big bet today is 0-2 to be score in todays games (total) at 5.3

bholg
07/06/2008, 11:22 PM
had the two winners today and tomorrows likelies.. germany + croatia in a modestly paying acc. cant remember exact odds. 3 are odds on with the czechs at a tasty 2.72.

apparently a bit of money for russia lately..? my mate has been following them and reckons they have come in a fair bit in the last week.

Raheny Red
07/06/2008, 11:40 PM
Think I'll put money on Germany to score 4 or more goals against Poland @ 11-2.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Poles managed to get a draw tbh...

centre mid
08/06/2008, 10:06 PM
Croatia look strong.

Not today

bholg
08/06/2008, 10:37 PM
looked fairly blunt up front allright. Credit to the Austrians though they worked fairly hard. Croats now 17-1 on betfair. they'll come back - better to start slow

gilberto_eire
08/06/2008, 11:15 PM
Was nice to see all the grumpy Poles walking round town after the game!!

Germany :D

bennocelt
10/06/2008, 2:59 PM
Was nice to see all the grumpy Poles walking round town after the game!!

Germany :D

yeah like normally they are so happy ( i know, i know!!)

I am not having a good one betting wise. yesterdays games really messed everything up
Surely to god Spain can do the bus today, and it has to be a draw tonight

gustavo
13/06/2008, 9:41 AM
gone for an Italy - France double today , I think the French will bounce back and they usually raise their game when it matters .€10 returns €48

anto1208
13/06/2008, 11:44 AM
gone for an Italy - France double today , I think the French will bounce back and they usually raise their game when it matters .€10 returns €48

Ive gone for holland i think the french are allways pretty week in the group games but ive a funny feeling it will be a draw and screw us both ! :D

rambler14
16/06/2008, 12:53 PM
Roll on Group B and the Polish working a miracle to qualify, unfortunately the Germans can't win the group:mad:

If Group C stays as it is then i'll make a good few bobs.

My only hope in Group D is Spain winning the group.

Pauro 76
16/06/2008, 1:23 PM
Lumped on a double for Croatia - Austria both winning. 33/1, decent odds. Don't let me down lads. Hopefully that'll make up for predicting Villa for top scorer but then being too lazy to drop by a bookies and placing a bet...

anto1208
17/06/2008, 11:18 AM
Today is a hard one to call but im going for a Holland&Italy double with a fiver on Romania to cover it. Cant see France getting anything no matter how bad the Italians are playing.

zenokelly
17/06/2008, 7:01 PM
I think double chance with Greece/draw at evens is a good bet tomorrow, surely they'll have some pride in themselves to conjure up at least a draw.

anto1208
17/06/2008, 11:29 PM
Today is a hard one to call but im going for a Holland&Italy double with a fiver on Romania to cover it. Cant see France getting anything no matter how bad the Italians are playing.

happy days :D

Spain anyway tomor and i reckon sweden as singles

bholg
19/06/2008, 1:48 AM
still goin for croatia for the outright win. Not been gamblin 2 much on individual games to be honest. Would have picked sweeden this evening too... shows what i know.
germany to win on penalties v portugal - 10-1 bf. seems too blatant for words, but makes sense to me

jmurphyc
19/06/2008, 2:19 AM
Went for Italy to win the tournament before yesterday's (well now two days ago) games. They were at 18-1 and even though I'm not sure they'll win it but the high odds seemed too good an opportunity to pass up. I was considering betting on Russia today and Spain when they went behind but didn't as I'm a bit broke at the moment. I really regret it now. :(

Pauro 76
19/06/2008, 12:56 PM
I really fancy Germany to beat Portugal tonight. The Scolari saga and the Ronaldo transfer speculation might derail them. Germans always there where it counts. And I'll come back here tomorrow to eat my words if Im wrong.

joeSoap
19/06/2008, 1:08 PM
My four for the semi-finals:

Germany v Croatia

Netherlands v Spain.

I hope its a Croatia v Holland final as I think that would be the best game. Spain I believe will struggle to beat Italy, and will probably only do so due to the Italian suspensions (Pirlo huge loss and Gattuso) and the fact that Donadoni is persisting on Toni when he clearly can't hit a barn door at the moment. I believe the Germans will bore the Portuguese to sleep and sneak through with a dodgy penalty or something, whereas I can't see Turkey giving any problems at all to Croatia. The Netherlands v Russia promises to be a cracker. This Arshavin lad looks the business. What a goal last night. But I fancy the Dutch forepower-Van Nistelrooy and Van Persie are on fire right now and you have to fancy them to score against anybody.

bennocelt
19/06/2008, 2:21 PM
still goin for croatia for the outright win. Not been gamblin 2 much on individual games to be honest. Would have picked sweeden this evening too... shows what i know.
germany to win on penalties v portugal - 10-1 bf. seems too blatant for words, but makes sense to me

just did that one myself, but got it at 9s

im up 70 squid which isnt great but have nothing to play with at the moment
it has to be a germany - spain final surely:(

anto1208
19/06/2008, 2:44 PM
It gets very tight from here on in might be worth looking at other bets like Ronaldo to score first 11/2 .

I think the Germans are a bit flat at the moment so if they win it will be on penalties but im doing a portugal win. ( but the odds on a german peno win look too good to pass up)

anto1208
23/06/2008, 8:57 AM
Ment to post this after the germany game but my laptop is gone to get fixed so i forget to post it but might still be worth doing.

Match to be won on penalties is normally around 10-1 put a tenner on each team and if it goes that far you can't loose. it won me a nice bit in the last few games and might be worth trying for the semi's.

anto1208
30/06/2008, 8:03 AM
How did ye do over the tournament i think the punters did pretty well. i know i went from 35 to 160 euro.

EAFC_rdfl
30/06/2008, 9:31 AM
with ppower paying out for 4 places in the top scorer betting, does that mean they paid out for all the players who scored one goal? (since they are in 4th place)? I had podolski e/w at 28/1, put 5EUR e/w and got 30EUR back, I thought it might have been more than that :confused::confused:

anto1208
30/06/2008, 9:55 AM
with ppower paying out for 4 places in the top scorer betting, does that mean they paid out for all the players who scored one goal? (since they are in 4th place)? I had podolski e/w at 28/1, put 5EUR e/w and got 30EUR back, I thought it might have been more than that :confused::confused:

That sounds right e/w odds are normally 1/4 so it would have been 7/1.

DmanDmythDledge
30/06/2008, 11:58 AM
with ppower paying out for 4 places in the top scorer betting, does that mean they paid out for all the players who scored one goal? (since they are in 4th place)?
:confused:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Euro_2008#Goalscorers

Only players that would have won each way are those on three and four goals.

EAFC_rdfl
30/06/2008, 8:48 PM
why the confused icon?? I was only askin!

eirebhoy
30/06/2008, 10:29 PM
How did ye do over the tournament i think the punters did pretty well. i know i went from 35 to 160 euro.
I didn't place one bet in the whole tournament. I had Spain backed since March. I intended on putting a few quid on Germany yesterday to cover a bit of the bet but I hadn't got the money so I just left it. I'm delighted I made that decision now. New telly, a holiday and a few debts being paid!