PDA

View Full Version : formula one

max power
05/08/2003, 9:38 AM
with all the changes that were made and the way the season is so open i think its a good season, with only hungry, italy, america and japan left, it really does set it up for an exciting finish for a change, that is when you think that schmucker won the championship at the german grand prix last year, on a seperate point things do not look good for jordan, a big mess up with the vodafone court case and one of their top men resigns at the german grand prix

James
05/08/2003, 9:42 AM
i thought he wasnt resigning but stepping back from the day to day running of the tech area. young family and all that kinda melarki :D

max power
05/08/2003, 9:50 AM
thats a nice way of saying i'm pi**ed off and i'm out for here, media spin etc. but jordan really need to look at themselves, tobacco is their main sponsor, and one of ferman has the abality of a turnip, as flash as he was irvine would be a good man to develop the team and not only drive.

patsh
05/08/2003, 1:58 PM
Who resigned at the German GP?

joe
05/08/2003, 2:04 PM
gary anderson

The Sheliban
05/08/2003, 2:13 PM
Bit hard to blame Firman. Fisichella has only had one points finish this season [albeit a win], which is the same as Firman. Basically the car is the F1 equivalent of a Lada, and it won't be long before Minardi overtake them. The promise of a couple of years ago looks a long way away now.

patsh
05/08/2003, 2:24 PM
Are you sure about Gary Anderson?
He was threatening to walk IF things do not improve, but as yet Jordan have not said anything about him leaving the team.
There is NO announcement of him leaving:confused:

max power
05/08/2003, 2:54 PM
it was announced at the end of qualifing on saturday by petr collins on rte but that was the last i heard of it, i hope schmacker (spelled wrong ) seals the championship at the amerian grand prix because i'll be there crossing my fingers that jordan can do something but knowing there is damn all hope of it but i would like to see the championship sorted out at a grand prix i'm at !!!

patsh
05/08/2003, 3:14 PM
Aw come on :rolleyes:
Peter F*cking Collins !!!!!!
The only person in the world who knows less about F1 with every race he attends?
That pr*ck doesn't know whats happening in front of his eyes, never mind behind his back.
Anderson is still with Jordan, he was probably just expressing frustration and annoyance with the lack of progress with Ford and the fact that the Mercedes engine deal nows looks unlikely.
It probably also was a little dig at the court case when more important things should have been on EJ's mind.
However, Jordan may be using the contemporary spec Ford engine from next season, just a few things to iron out.
It's a good engine, just needs a decent chasis. It even makes Webber and Wilson look fast !

max power
05/08/2003, 5:52 PM
even the gearbox is getting better, the need to work on sponsership, tobacco is a dead duck and vodafone would have been nice, but something needs to be done and fast

eoinh
05/08/2003, 6:47 PM
Originally posted by patsh
Aw come on :rolleyes:
Peter F*cking Collins !!!!!!
The only person in the world who knows less about F1 with every race he attends?
That pr*ck doesn't know whats happening in front of his eyes, never mind behind his back.

Yeah hes bad all right. notices things have happened about 2 laps after they have occured. yer man kennedy isnt much better.
ive always had an interest in formula 1 (and biatholon, dont ask!) and i am finally going to a race in September :) ( The italian grand prix at monza, cant wait).

niamh
08/08/2003, 9:37 AM
Anderson is going part time as a sort of advisory role.
As for Firman David Kennedy is his agent. That's prob how he got his drive.
GPs are best live. Unforgetable once you've been there.

max power
08/08/2003, 3:20 PM
well i'm off toindy to the American grand prix and i can't wait, some difference in price, tickets for two people to the full race and saturday qualifing is just 175 euro and they are good tickets, i bought them in april so i would be sure of getting decent seats. i've bought a canon slr camera with a 300mm lense so i should get some nice pictures.

one question what is the drivers parade on the sunday morning ??????

Schumi
08/08/2003, 3:29 PM
Originally posted by the dj
one question what is the drivers parade on the sunday morning ?????? It's when they all drive by in vintage cars waving at the crowds.

niamh
08/08/2003, 3:36 PM
Yeah. Vintage cars at Canadian one two years ago. One at truck at Spa last year.
There's is nothing like the sound of an F1 car at full trottle speeding towards ya!
Spent bout 200 yo-yos for silver tickets at Spa last year. We were across from the podium and could see the cars charging up Eau Rouge from our seats. Was amazing.
Tickets for the weekend at Canadian on the back straight were about 120canadian dollars - which is nothing compared to most.

eoinh
08/08/2003, 3:55 PM
Yeah, SPA is my favourite circuit. I think it might be included again next season.

it was announced today that Canada was being dropped for next year.

joe
09/08/2003, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by eoinh

it was announced today that Canada was being dropped for next year.

and then that it wasn't. they haven;t decided on the calendar yet

niamh
10/08/2003, 6:23 PM
It would be a shame to see two of the best circuits of F1 lose out because of politics. It may be a good move to ban tabacco advertising but if you forget the traditions of the sport like the authorities are doing then they will lose out. It is a sport and business, not just a sport.

max power
11/08/2003, 9:04 AM
after looking at a few web sites and listening to a few interviews, i think bernie is trying to get another race in america, on the west side, no tobacco legislation to worry about, state of the art facilites and big crowds who love motor racing, that is where he is going i think.

patsh
11/08/2003, 9:11 AM
If that is true, dj, I hope it is Laguna Seca.
Superb track and has the famous "corkscrew" hill and corners.
Sort the men form the boys !
I've only been at one F1 race, but was at 2 Cart races.
Much better racing, you can walk around the pit lane and garages, even got to sit in one of the cars. At Silverstone, I would have been better off watching it on television.

max power
11/08/2003, 10:31 AM
i don't think anyone would disagree that the british grand prix is an over priced waste of money, i've never seen anyone have a good word to say about it, they are on about have the two grand prix one after another in america, if so that would be sweet, 2 grand prix in two weeks and a bit of skydiving in between !!!!

Schumi
11/08/2003, 1:25 PM
Originally posted by patsh
If that is true, dj, I hope it is Laguna Seca.
Superb track and has the famous "corkscrew" hill and corners. A great track but I hope they've improved the safety since Greg Moore died after crashing into a wall when he went straight on at the corkscrew.:(