PDA

View Full Version : v Pats 23/5/08 (1-2)

Pages : [1] 2

Red&White Rover
20/05/2008, 3:05 PM
Well, feelings on this one?

I reckon we're gonna win, I just see us as unbeatable at home at the moment and they've been shaking in recent weeks.:)

A win on Friday, and we could be sitting very pretty!:eek:

Rovers1
20/05/2008, 3:08 PM
do Pats have any suspensions? think we have Butler back. not sure about a win, but can see us getting a point if Fahey and Quigley are kept quiet.

red bellied
20/05/2008, 3:13 PM
Butler in for Ventre is the only change I would make from Saturdays win over Bray.

avvenalaf
20/05/2008, 4:37 PM
Didn't see much sign of shaking on Pats at Drogheda. A point would be a good result.

sligofan4ever
20/05/2008, 4:42 PM
I can see us getting 1 point out of this also reckon there will be a decent crowd. I wouldnt rule out a win but it would be a tight 1 for bit o red if they do St.Pats will be hard beaten lets hope if we take a lead we dont drop our guard later in the match

red metal
20/05/2008, 4:42 PM
Didn't see much sign of shaking on Pats at Drogheda. A point would be a good result.

Only for some poor finishing on Drogheda,s part the game would have! and should have been over at half time.But on saying that in fairness to pats they kept pluging away and got a draw.I will go for a 2-1 win to rovers

roversman
20/05/2008, 5:40 PM
just hope if we go 1 up we dont sit back on the lead as we did away to pats
so please please please paul and gerry attack

sligoman
20/05/2008, 5:42 PM
To take anything from this game would be a great result. We are capable of it, but it's going to be extremely tough. Predicition 1-1, although deep down, I think we won't get anything from the game:D

Dodge
20/05/2008, 6:18 PM
Pats are still struggling with injuries at the back

charliesboots
21/05/2008, 10:57 AM
Pats are still struggling with injuries at the back

Yep, we effectively have a full back four out. Lynch, O'Cearuill, Partridge and Frost.

Harris is only back after injury too and looked a couple of yards off the pace in Drogheda.

Only1Rovers
21/05/2008, 12:14 PM
It will be interesting to see if Cookie drops Danny from the team if he plays Conor and Anto in midfield.

Is Butler due to return for his suspention for this game?

Fivesilver
21/05/2008, 3:18 PM
What's being done around Sligo in terms of promoting this one?
Biggest game of the season for us so far, also the League's two top-scoring sides, in the ground that's seen the most goals - surely we should get our biggest crowd of the season?

deecay
21/05/2008, 4:14 PM
They still had the Bray signs up the other day,havent seen much around the town or county

SligoBrewer
22/05/2008, 11:39 PM
Extratime.ie Match Preview here(plug) (http://www.extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/446/)

I think it'll be very tight, but we could snatch it.

If we keep a VERY close eye on Fahey and manmark him well , I can't see where Pats will get a creative spark from.

My prediction, 1-0 Rovers. Judgey with the goal

avvenalaf
23/05/2008, 12:17 AM
They still had the Bray signs up the other day,havent seen much around the town or county

Driving into Sligo tonight, sign at Collooney roundabout for Pats at at top of Carraroe hill for Bray. Is this to confuse Pats when they come tomorrow?

showgies
23/05/2008, 9:08 AM
Driving into Sligo tonight, sign at Collooney roundabout for Pats at at top of Carraroe hill for Bray. Is this to confuse Pats when they come tomorrow?

And to confuse them even more, the word Wanderers is spelt incorrectly:D

neutrino
23/05/2008, 10:26 AM

saw the same this morning.also saw a poster around the town for the shamrock rovers game which was a while ago now. great to see there is promotion of games but it's a tough job to keep them updated

deecay
23/05/2008, 12:40 PM
Pats fans saying Lynch is fit,all ive seen of him hes s***e

Red4Eva
23/05/2008, 3:53 PM
Lynch , Brennan , Harris [c] , D.Byrne

not a particularly strong back 4 so faz, judge and boco will cause em plenty of problems as long as we don't hoof it onto harris' head. ventre will be up against guy who's is 1 of pat's worst players so we should be ok there

deecay
23/05/2008, 4:40 PM
Can anyone remember the last time it rained in the Showgrounds at a 1st team game?

gustavo
23/05/2008, 5:28 PM
Drogs match?

Redzer
23/05/2008, 6:56 PM
Almeida out, McKensie in his place.

Fivesilver
23/05/2008, 9:33 PM
Pity about the result - unfortunate to be without both Almeida and Butler against the league leaders.

Red&White Rover
23/05/2008, 10:03 PM
Raging. Thought we deserved something.

I knew when they got that corner it was destined for the net. :(

showgies
23/05/2008, 10:14 PM
We probably did deserve a draw. We gave it a good go. That is twice we have played Pats this season with 2 of our back 5 missing.

I thought Pats looked really neat at times, certainly the best team to visit the Showgies this season. However, we were a decent match for them.

Great to see a good crowd there, and a good exciting game.

Any word on what injury Mauro has??

deecay
23/05/2008, 10:16 PM
We deserved a draw.Crazy stuff when we scored,nearly a riot.Rovers stewards need to be in numbers when the Dubland teams come to town

SligoBrewer
23/05/2008, 10:17 PM
any word on what injury Mauro has??

Hip injury.

sligoman
23/05/2008, 10:20 PM
Gutted with that and I fear a bad running coming up now with 2 tough away games in the space of a few days. Hopefully we can get something at Drogheda and go into Bohs game with some confidence.

showgies
Hip injury.

Ta. Hopefully he'll be back for the Drogs game, although McKensie is proving a decent back-up

redtildead
We deserved a draw.Crazy stuff when we scored,nearly a riot.Rovers stewards need to be in numbers when the Dubland teams come to town

At least the barriers are up now though.
Without them there would have been serious trouble.

srfc1928
23/05/2008, 11:11 PM
Hip injury.

i was listening to the ocean fm on the way to the match tonight,said Almeida was out for the pats game but should be fit for tuesday night in drogheda

gutted with the result tonight,

we could do with a target man up front just to hold it up,
the ball kept coming back at us anytime it wasnt played on the ground,as much as we'd like to see it on the deck all the time its not going to happen
we missed Almeida for set pieces, everything was aimed at Anto
we need another option

Dodge
24/05/2008, 12:28 AM
Pats fans saying Lynch is fit,all ive seen of him hes s***e

He was MOTM by a mile for me. Thought we deserved the win. Great second half.

avvenalaf
24/05/2008, 1:10 AM

Ah, c'mon, you were poxed to get out with anything but, fair play, that's the kind of results that wins leagues. As for MOTM, I don't know who it was but it certainly wasn't the one that was announced. Had a guy with me tonight who hasn't been to a league match for about 25 years. Couldn't believe what he saw and will be back.
Good luck Pats, always had a soft spot for them.

clubman
24/05/2008, 6:08 AM
Absolutely gutted!!!!!!
A game we certainly derserved something from. Was sure referee was pointing to the spot for the Coleman incident. Their no. 6 should have saw red and a defo peno in my opinion.
Boco should have scored when the ball dropped to him on the six yard line - defo not a forward!! McKenzie should have done better in the first half with his header - thought he had a great game though. Overall a great performance, as already said Pats are by far the best side I've seen this season and I've seen them all.
As for our man of the match - a joke. Whose having the laugh?
The referee had his usual stinker. He gave players no protection whatsoever. Anto was very badly treated by his former 'teammates'.
Like a fellow poster I felt they would sneak the winner from that corner - always seems to happen to the Bit O Red - get the hard work done then conceed a sh1tty goal from our perspective.
Still I have more hope for the future after this one. Pats will win the league of that there is no doubt. So no disgrace loosing to the potential champions. A very enjoyable game in front of a good crowd - hope they all come back for more.
Well done lads - chins up for the Drogs game I think we can sneak a result there.

red bellied
24/05/2008, 9:13 AM
It was never a penalty, Colemans pace made him fall over. The ref pointed to the spot alright but changed his mind for a goal kick. Definetely missed Almedia at the back, doubt Harris would have got such an easy header at the corner if he was there. The Pats number eleven should have gone for the foul on Murphy in the first half. Deserved at least a draw.

Rovers fan
24/05/2008, 9:18 AM
I thought we played well,without creating too many chances.We controlled the 1st half and started to play good again until pats scored. When boco came on he stated to cause them a few problems but for some reason after they scored we started to hoof it and with faz and boco they were never ganna win anything in the air against harris. also their no.12(cant remember his name) started to cause us problems at the back. if we had butler and almeida I'm convinced we would have got at least a point. Danny is NOT a lefty back and almeida would have been such an aerial threat(pats dominated everything in the air).I thought we definitely deserved a draw though. It was sickening to give away the 2nd goal and we were never really gonna come back from that. I thought the ref made 2 particularly bad decisions- it should have been a red card for the foul on anto at the start of the game(ref bottled it) and also at the end of the game ndo was through but the ref called it back for a free kick when he should have played advantage. I didn't think it was a penalty for seamie but i didn't have a great view of it. All in all it was a very good crowd and it would have been nice to send them home happy,but we were all entertained and the lads tried their best. Tough few games coming up now but it was the same at the start of the season and we got through it.

showgies
24/05/2008, 9:45 AM

Your man of the match was either Fahey or Kirby for me. As said earlier, the only thing that disappointed me about Pats was your treatment of Anto......there were two nasty challanges on him

charliesboots
24/05/2008, 10:23 AM
Your man of the match was either Fahey or Kirby for me. As said earlier, the only thing that disappointed me about Pats was your treatment of Anto......there were two nasty challanges on him

That was possibly Fahey's worst game of the season for us. We've been spoilt by his performances to date though. Thought Lynch did well consider it was his first game in about a month

Anto was joking and laughing with most of the Pats lads after so it was nothing personal.

sligofan4ever
24/05/2008, 10:27 AM
Very good game about 2 minutes from time we must have missed 3 chances in the space of 30 seconds. Faz tried an overhead kicked and hit a pats player in the face. McKenzie did a good job as a back up after mauro almeida was ruled out. Anyone know about the penalty that everyone tought we had ? I was over the far side couldnt really see it and when Boco came on he really brought the game back in too life again he created some nice runs with the ball lets hope we can go to drogs and get something out of it

Only1Rovers
24/05/2008, 10:31 AM
Anyone know about the penalty that everyone tought we had ? I was over the far side couldnt really see it

I was behind the goal at the shed end. It wasn't a penalty. Seamie cut his losses and went to ground.

Da Real Rover
24/05/2008, 11:51 AM

:D
Nearly a riot?
Just a bit sensationalist?

Absolutely gutted, we at least deserved a draw.
So dissapointed, but the lads played well and it was just a flukey first goal to concede and a momentary lack of concentration when the second goal went in. Cant help but feel that if Almeida was there we wouldnt have conceded the second. Absolutely raging with the result, but I thoroughly enjoyed myself.

I hope pats win the title, always the soundest bunch of lads from dublin, had a bit of craic with them before the game. Sound lads.

avvenalaf
24/05/2008, 1:30 PM
Yeah, no peno and the ref pointed to the goal kick not the penalty spot. Can I break ranks hers and say that i don't think Pat's will win the league - I think they're good but not that good and the Cork result in Bray is significant.

Rovers1
24/05/2008, 2:26 PM
Any word on what injury Mauro has??

heard today Mauro wasnt injured and was dropped because he was late for the warm up. Doesnt sound like something Mauro would do though.

Boo_Boy
24/05/2008, 3:23 PM
heard today Mauro wasnt injured and was dropped because he was late for the warm up. Doesnt sound like something Mauro would do though.

Thats BS, Cook & Carr wouldnt drop 4 star because he was late for a warm up, and why would carr say in an interview before the game he had a hip injury?

I wouldnt be suprised if Pats were interested in him and he faked the injury:p

Jerry Carr: What happened Mauro?

Mauro: Eh, I injured my hip at yoga

Only1Rovers
24/05/2008, 3:28 PM

I heard that he was injured at about 3 o'clock on Friday afternoon, well before any warm up.

sligofan4ever
24/05/2008, 3:49 PM
Thats BS, Cook & Carr wouldnt drop 4 star because he was late for a warm up, and why would carr say in an interview before the game he had a hip injury?

I wouldnt be suprised if Drogs were interested in him and he faked the injury:p

Jerry Carr: What happened Mauro?

Mauro: Eh, I injured my hip at yoga

I agree dont see gerry or paul dropping probably our best defender if not player of the season so far because he was late for a warm up

roversman
24/05/2008, 3:59 PM
yes ref had a bad night not only with the sending off which would have changed the game.also when pats player was clear at the end he also missed a pen for pats a clear pull on the jersey how he or the lineswomen didnt see it
and same with the other linesman how he didnt see the tackle on murphy or the linesmen only muppets as the never raise there flag only for offside

sligofan4ever
24/05/2008, 4:02 PM
last night was an example of the poor qaulity of match officals in the EC.

Boo_Boy
24/05/2008, 4:04 PM
last night was an example of the poor qaulity of match officals in the EC.

Every bloody night is an example:D

Dodge
24/05/2008, 4:18 PM

One bad challenge (and no wore than a tackle Coleman made earlier on) by O'Neill and the other one he madea total meal off (as he will always do). I've seen enough of him to know when he's acting (and yeah, I said it when he was with us). There wasn't anything close to being a red card incident for either team IMO

Definitely not a penalty. Ref obviously pointed for free out. COuldn't believe any body would think it was a penalty.

Oh and LOL at you thinking the ref was biased against you (except Roversman)