PDA

View Full Version : City and Crosses

Éanna
04/08/2003, 5:53 PM
This came up on the thread about Ryan Casey, but i think it deserves one of its own.

Originally posted by Neil
Has a 'cultured left foot' as they say and as soon as we get more people charging into the box to meet his crosses we'll be flying.
thats one thing I really only noticed on friday. It was the first time this season that we've really put crosses into the box on a consistent basis, and there was no-one there to meet them. When you look at our strikeforce it's no great surprise- Flynn isn't exactly a giant in the air and George does his stuff outside the box so we really need midfielders pushing forward if we're going to do anything from crosses. I still think dropping George into midfield and giving behan or CP a run beside Flynn could be the answer there.

SÓC
04/08/2003, 7:51 PM
Something which we used do very well but doesnt happen as much is when one winger crosses the other comes in to act as a 4rd striker, Ollie and Colin T used be very good at this.

Not sure if George is agressive enough to play in a two man central midfield, not along either Conor or Colin at least, might work well with Greg tho'.

Éanna
05/08/2003, 5:26 PM
Originally posted by SÓCcfc
Something which we used do very well but doesnt happen as much is when one winger crosses the other comes in to act as a 4rd striker, Ollie and Colin T used be very good at this.

Not sure if George is agressive enough to play in a two man central midfield, not along either Conor or Colin at least, might work well with Greg tho'.
Yeah. Doyler popped up at the far post a few times on friday, so hopefully its a sign of things to come. I have the same worry about George, but I reckon alongside Greg he could do a job.

Ruairi
07/08/2003, 3:54 PM
Originally posted by Éanna
Greg

WHAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!

:D