PDA

View Full Version : Transfer Rumours

naoise kennedy
19/05/2008, 2:30 PM
any truth that tony grant from drogheda is coming this way in july...

Seagull-4-life
19/05/2008, 5:13 PM
any source for dat naoise or is it just word of mouth stuff???

naoise kennedy
19/05/2008, 5:39 PM
i saw it last night on this site,, they were talking about pat mccourt going to west brom and someone past the comment about tony grant coming to bray, could be bull... how many strikers do we need, franco and meka not getting there game.... sounds a bit strange

superfrank
19/05/2008, 5:40 PM
I doubt Emeika will be starting for a long time. Myler isn't playing either.

If we need some strengthening it's in defence. Back-up is needed there badly.

naoise kennedy
19/05/2008, 5:47 PM
both meka and franco started the A match last weekend,, meka scored twice,made by franco,, i can't understand why myler starts or comes on as sub before franco or meka at least..

superfrank
19/05/2008, 5:58 PM
I was at that A game. Franco and Emeika both got a lot more space then they would in the Premier but I still think Franco should be playing. He's a proven goalscorer and we could do with more goals against the lower-end teams.

I still think Emeika needs more time in the reserves. He's still only 18 after all. At least the A league will give him a run out against fully grown men in the senior sides tat'll be involved.

naoise kennedy
19/05/2008, 6:25 PM
i agree meka still only 18, learn the trade in A team,, franco scored a good few goals two years ago even though he only played half season,, injured alot last year,, fell out with eddie etc, i still think he deserves a good chance he has something special when he has the ball...

naoise kennedy
20/05/2008, 8:23 AM
franco being talked about again,,, loan or permanent to sligo if kudozovic goes to cork..................

lowflyingseagul
20/05/2008, 10:45 AM
Myler is rubbish

superfrank
20/05/2008, 10:54 AM
Franco signed a new deal in the winter (two-years, iirc). Seems a bit strange they'd let him go. Obviously, it's down to his relationship with Eddie.

naoise kennedy
20/05/2008, 12:38 PM
i heard that it was fixed up with eddie and he just wants to stay and fight for his place ,, he was getting a few runs before he got his last injury

superfrank
20/05/2008, 12:40 PM
Then he should be back in the team. He's bound to get goals.

naoise kennedy
20/05/2008, 12:50 PM
i agree.. myler is getting in there and he does not merit it, he has done nothing since he arrived i know he has a good past but it's just not showing it here..at least buzzer is a real live wire and he does cause problems,, therefore franco should be at least on the bench before myler....

BrayUnknowns
20/05/2008, 11:45 PM
i agree.. myler is getting in there and he does not merit it, he has done nothing since he arrived i know he has a good past but it's just not showing it here..at least buzzer is a real live wire and he does cause problems,, therefore franco should be at least on the bench before myler....

Don't quite understand that... Neither Myler OR Franco has played well for us this year when given the chance, both have been injured for the majority of the season so far.

Myler played for us at the start of the season but was then injured for 4 or 5 games, cam eback in for the Rovers league cup match and was probably our best player on the night. He hald the ball up very well, won a lot in the air and created a few chances. He's been back on the bench since.

Franco was in and out of the squad at the start of the season and when given the chance didn't really impress, he then also got injured and has only recently got back into the squad.

Neith of them deserve a starting place ahead of Rowe, who is really startig to preform now that he is nearing full fitness, and Paddy Kavanagh who has been one of the best players in the league so far this year.

I don't think we need another striker in the squad because i think we can score a lot of goals from all over the pitch. I think we need another quality midfielder to go in with Cawley and a quality centre half (Whelahan with Dundalk) or left full (John Frost with Pats) for competition between players.

I remember Devo saying a few years ago that he would only add to the squad if they would make the squad better - i.e - if the players he was bringing in were better. Grant would make us a far better squad. I know we couldn't afford his wages but i'd love us to try and sign Ndo from Pats on loan for the rest of the season. Barrett at Drogheda isn't getting a look in either, would be a super loan signing for us either.

lowflyingseagul
21/05/2008, 9:47 AM
Myler played for us at the start of the season but was then injured for 4 or 5 games, cam eback in for the Rovers league cup match and was probably our best player on the night. He hald the ball up very well, won a lot in the air and created a few chances. He's been back on the bench since.

are you serious????? myler was the worst player on the pitch by a mile and you could see by his facial expressions that he knew he was having a terrible game.even the rovers and bray fans around me were killing themselves laughing at how bad he was playing

BrayUnknowns
21/05/2008, 10:02 AM
are you serious????? myler was the worst player on the pitch by a mile and you could see by his facial expressions that he knew he was having a terrible game.even the rovers and bray fans around me were killing themselves laughing at how bad he was playing

Are you serious? it's the League Cup match i'm talking about here... It was his 1st start since he got injured. He set up Mulroy's goal and in general play was very good, as i said he held the ball up really well, won most headers in the air and created a couple of chances. Anyone i spoke to thought he had a good game. Especially seeing as it was his 1st game in about a month or so...

Anyway, who cares we won :D

naoise kennedy
21/05/2008, 1:58 PM
can't agree either,, myler kept trying to chest ball down and handled it,, so he got in one pass for mulroy goal thats all he has done all season,, the two games franco had as sub. he did nothing wrong, difficult to settle in to a game as second half sub..he should be given a few full games chance.. myler had the first ten games to prove himself and did'nt........

BrayUnknowns
22/05/2008, 12:35 PM
can't agree either,, myler kept trying to chest ball down and handled it,, so he got in one pass for mulroy goal thats all he has done all season,, the two games franco had as sub. he did nothing wrong, difficult to settle in to a game as second half sub..he should be given a few full games chance.. myler had the first ten games to prove himself and did'nt........

Myler has only played 4 games for us though.

naoise kennedy
22/05/2008, 7:44 PM
just got text about bray signing alan gough,, do we need a new goalie or goalie coach,, i thought pat was our goalie coach????????

Roo69
22/05/2008, 7:45 PM
Wanderers have signed Alan Gough (http://www.braywanderers.ie/index.php?id=600&backPID=551&tt_news=389)

Stevo Da Gull
22/05/2008, 7:57 PM
Does anyone remember when we were in Galway a few years ago (lost either 3-2 or 3-1, Eddie and Flood were sent off and Collie James scored a cracker)?
We spent a large period of the second half behind the Galway goal and iirc Alan was in goal. At one stage Alan went to drink some water and a certain unruly young supporter (who I haven't seen at a game in a while) threw confetti in Alan's face who's response was ``What did you do that for?``.. the kid put on his innocent face and Alan wasn't sure who to blame. They won the match anyway so it's water under the bridge I guess :D:D

MickNolan
22/05/2008, 8:42 PM
Myler is rubbish

He had a dodgey first set match's for us last season and then scored some important goals and one fantastic 1 aswell.

dublinwanderer
22/05/2008, 9:06 PM
grant would be a great signing. also myler has played well but is a very good player on his day and i dont want him to go - he will come good.

alan gough good signing, good back up for skip and skip will prob learn loads off him.

naoise kennedy
23/05/2008, 12:17 PM
whats the chance that franco will start on the bench tonight if ger rowe does'nt make it..???????????????

KR's Post
23/05/2008, 3:35 PM
Does anyone remember when we were in Galway a few years ago (lost either 3-2 or 3-1, Eddie and Flood were sent off and Collie James scored a cracker)?
We spent a large period of the second half behind the Galway goal and iirc Alan was in goal. At one stage Alan went to drink some water and a certain unruly young supporter (who I haven't seen at a game in a while) threw confetti in Alan's face who's response was ``What did you do that for?``.. the kid put on his innocent face and Alan wasn't sure who to blame. They won the match anyway so it's water under the bridge I guess :D:D

I remember that! i remember who did it!