PDA

View Full Version : Rovers 3-0 Bray

forza rovers
17/05/2008, 9:18 PM
well done lads,fazs goal was unreal,judge ans seamie.anto was man of the match and really worked hard,overall they worked well as a team.

gustavo
17/05/2008, 9:18 PM
Great result and for the most part performance , could have won by far more , lovely goal by Seamie , very pleased with that , thought Peers was great too .

Boo_Boy
17/05/2008, 9:23 PM
Great result, where were bray?, i was expecting alot more from them!

Delighted for Judge, hopefully that should give him some confidence, i have to agree with you gustavo, we could have won by far more.

sligofan4ever
17/05/2008, 9:48 PM
great result. Seamie and faz got great goals and judgies was OK. Anto got man of the match and he deserved it. Atleast we can go into a tough game next saturday with confidence after such a great win

avvenalaf
17/05/2008, 9:58 PM
great result. Seamie and faz got great goals and judgies was OK. Anto got man of the match and he deserved it. Atleast we can go into a tough game next saturday with confidence after such a great win

I presume the great win you refer to is the one against Pats on Friday night:)

showgies
17/05/2008, 10:10 PM
Brilliant result. Yes it could have been 7 (Cash, Faz, Feeney, Cretaro all one on one with keeper), but what the heck, we'll take 3-0 thank you very much.

I am delighted that Seamie has scored a goal like that, he has been threatening on many occasions. Did he score with his left peg? What a cool finish for your weak foot. Good to see Faz get his monthly addition to the goal of the month.

If there isn't a full house on Friday night, then I don't know what more Cookie and lads can do.........

deecay
17/05/2008, 11:05 PM
Tom said it should have been 9

prodsc
18/05/2008, 12:15 AM
great result and soo happy to see lots of footy being played for the first time in ages.. Murphy did good but Peers, O'Grady and Faz were MoM contenders for me. Cash still disappoints me and Judge didn't try hard(ok he got a goal). Ventre was there to be caught out and thankfully BW didn't exploit it- his distribution was brutal. What happens when Boyd comes back- who plays in midfield? Conor and Anto if fit(bit of a worry there).

Need that type of game next Friday(not sure how fit Feeney is), anyway BW exposed as a VERY average team that have been on a good run. Looking forward to Friday ...tell all your mates bout tonight!!

Keep Cookie in da Red Box on phone with his lookalike mates!!

Red&White Rover
18/05/2008, 12:17 AM
Boyd is long gone...

biscuit
18/05/2008, 3:23 AM
great result and soo happy to see lots of footy being played for the first time in ages.. Murphy did good but Peers, O'Grady and Faz were MoM contenders for me. Cash still disappoints me and Judge didn't try hard(ok he got a goal). Ventre was there to be caught out and thankfully BW didn't exploit it- his distribution was brutal. What happens when Boyd comes back- who plays in midfield? Conor and Anto if fit(bit of a worry there).

Need that type of game next Friday(not sure how fit Feeney is), anyway BW exposed as a VERY average team that have been on a good run. Looking forward to Friday ...tell all your mates bout tonight!!

what stone did u crawl out from under...as said before Boyd is gone since before the season started....:rolleyes:
Secondly, how can you say cash still disappoints, in the last few games he has been superb....

gustavo
18/05/2008, 8:04 AM
He probbly just got Boyd mixed up with Butler.
I'd say it could be Ventre dropping to the bench when that happens

Only1Rovers
18/05/2008, 8:27 AM
Bray weren't at the races, Rowe was very disappointing. Result was good but we should have racked up a sight of goals last night.

Not meaning to be over critical but for periods of the game Rovers gave them so much space in the middle of the pitch, something that should be addressed.

A better team would have taken advantage of that.

But Rovers did play some of their sleekest football this season. The move around half way through the second half when there was some good inter-play between Faz and Judge who found Cash with a excellent pass only for Cash to somehow inexplicably put it across the face of goal and wide…but it was great inventive play.

Once again the standard of refereeing was poor. Half of the yellow cards issued last night were unnecessary.

Rovers fan
18/05/2008, 10:15 AM
I thought we played very well for the first 30mins and probably should have scored as a few more. Then bray came into and they were probably slightly on top until we scored our 2nd goal. Then they fell to pieces. In fairness they are probably the worsty side I'v seen this season,they didn't create much and they were so open at the back(especially towards the end). We really had about 8 clear cut chances,faz could have had a hat trick but he still got a great goal and it was nice to see seamie finally get on the score sheet. I thought peers was brillant last night and he deserved motm. Murphy played very well too though! I really hope when we have a full team he starts in the middle with ogrady and ventre is dropped. Murphy offers something different.He is definitely better in the middle as he is not a great crosser and also he is more of a powerful runner than a speedy winger like cash. Cash has definitely improved in recent weeks,he's very good at taking players on but sometimes his final ball isn't great. Judge got a good ball and straight away you could see a bit of confidence in him as he made a great turn and gave a good ball into faz who should have scored.Not a great crowd but hopefully if we can keep near the top of the table people will start to turn up. O and what was the ref at giving seamie a yellow card for a fair tackle??

mrtndvn
18/05/2008, 10:58 AM
I was down at the game myself. Although the ref helped you a lot in the 1st half for booking bray players left right and center, you were the better team.

With faz dropping deep you won the midfield battle and it soon became a question of how many.

You created chance after chance and it was an enjoyable game of football.

brianw82
18/05/2008, 11:15 AM
Not a great crowd

Main stand looked about 80% full from where I was. I would've called it a healthy crowd.

braysnumber1
18/05/2008, 12:35 PM
fair play last nite the better team won. ref was crap again though, yellow cards were been thrown out at random in the first half. Bray just didnt turn up and lookedas if they were lacking confidence which was extremly disappointing with the run that we've been on.

i have to say it was the worst trip i've ever been on and the match wasnt even the worst part!!!!

deecay
18/05/2008, 2:42 PM
fair play last nite the better team won. ref was crap again though, yellow cards were been thrown out at random in the first half. Bray just didnt turn up and lookedas if they were lacking confidence which was extremly disappointing with the run that we've been on.

i have to say it was the worst trip i've ever been on and the match wasnt even the worst part!!!
Why was that,any trouble?

Good noise and colour from ye but ya wont see half on them again

Stevo Da Gull
18/05/2008, 2:53 PM
Why was that,any trouble?

Good noise and colour from ye but ya wont see half on them again

http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=90914 :mad:

Congrats on ending our streak by the way ;)

Only1Rovers
19/05/2008, 12:50 PM
http://www.sligorovers.com/content/view/547/1/

?????

gustavo
19/05/2008, 12:52 PM
My fault , fixed now

Only1Rovers
19/05/2008, 1:06 PM
My fault , fixed now

Thats ok, I thought I was suffering from amnesia.

;)

Rovers1
19/05/2008, 5:12 PM

his brother? ;)

sligoman
19/05/2008, 10:34 PM
Highlights (http://dynamic.rte.ie/av/2376205.smil)

Bigone57
20/05/2008, 12:20 AM
Fab Win Hope we can do it again on Sat

Rovers1
20/05/2008, 2:26 PM
Fab Win Hope we can do it again on Sat

friday ;)

Da Real Rover
20/05/2008, 4:38 PM
I think Ventre gets too much stick here and at games.
You may criticise his technique etc, but his heart is 100% in it.
100% dedication and commitment, and tbh I like my defenders with a bit of meat in their challenges, and before the pedantic keyboard army swarms down on top of this post I dont condone his numerous sendings offs. But it definetly looks like he has corrected that side of his game this season.
So credit where credit is due.

gustavo
20/05/2008, 4:50 PM
100% dedication and commitment, and tbh I like my defenders with a bit of meat in their challenges, and before the pedantic keyboard army swarms down on top of this post I dont condone his numerous sendings offs. But it definetly looks like he has corrected that side of his game this season.

Agreed and Ventre would have a right to feel agrieved if he was dropped , I think maybe playing Ventre and O'Grady in the middle with Murphy allowed to push on might be something to think about

Bigone57
20/05/2008, 11:30 PM
friday ;)
Wish FAI would make up there mind :p THANKS

Only1Rovers
21/05/2008, 12:25 PM

Agreed and Ventre would have a right to feel agrieved if he was dropped , I think maybe playing Ventre and O'Grady in the middle with Murphy allowed to push on might be something to think about

I'm a big fan of Ventre, his enthusiasm is great and I too am a fan of a tough tackling defender.

However, I think he should be dropped if Butler returns for the Pat’s game. This is through no fault of his own, but I would hope Cookie will play Conor and Anto is the centre of midfield.

If Anto is played in front of the midfield some of his effectiveness could be reduced as he has now proven himself as a ball carrier that can create from deep.

Danny is great to have in a squad such as ours because of his versatility.

Rovers1
21/05/2008, 5:43 PM
Wish FAI would make up there mind :p THANKS

no bother....bit of a joke how all the fixtures get changed around.

Red&White Rover
21/05/2008, 6:00 PM
Forgot to mention this the last day but why did we have a minute's silence for Tommy Burns? Does he have a connection with the club?

Not being disrespectful, but just thought it was strange...

avvenalaf
21/05/2008, 6:15 PM
Forgot to mention this the last day but why did we have a minute's silence for Tommy Burns? Does he have a connection with the club?

Not being disrespectful, but just thought it was strange...

You were doing better the other day when you forgot to mention it.

sligoman
21/05/2008, 10:31 PM

Not being disrespectful, but just thought it was strange...Totally agree.

deecay
21/05/2008, 11:22 PM
Totally agree.
Agree? Theres nothing there to agree with

sligoman
21/05/2008, 11:28 PM
Agree? Theres nothing there to agree withDo you understand the term agree?

I agree with him that it was strange. I also think it shouldn't have happened as Tommy Burns, or Celtic FC has no connection with Sligo Rovers afaik.

Da Real Rover
22/05/2008, 3:55 PM
Tommy Burns was a great patron to Celtic and a model professional, without a doubt, a real icon of his time. RIP

But many great men die every day so I agree its odd how we select the people to have minutes silences for when this man had no connection with our club. Maybe im wrong but some consistencey would be nice with the Boards decisions now and again?

Rovers1
22/05/2008, 4:24 PM
its a disgrace!!!!...

sack them all!!

Da Real Rover
22/05/2008, 4:31 PM
Not really a disgrace, more like another miscalculated decision.

Rovers1
22/05/2008, 4:34 PM
Not really a disgrace,....

sarcasm! shhh!! ;)

Da Real Rover
22/05/2008, 4:41 PM
sarcasm! shhh!! ;)

Hes I like to throw a nice freezing cold bucket of water ontop of any form of sarcasm. I hope you are firmly in your place Rovers1 ;)

Rovers1
22/05/2008, 4:51 PM
I hope you are firmly in your place Rovers1 ;)

sorry... :o:(