PDA

View Full Version : Update on the George bashers

SSS
02/08/2003, 10:32 AM
The pressure is really on them now!

The article in the fanzine, the more vocal support for George from others in the stand, the Shed giving it loads, George himself playing supererbly and........the law giving them the stare last night.
It was gas. You never see cops in the stand, but one of the regular boys in blue stood in the Donie Forde a few times last night and kept staring up in the general direction of the offenders.
Coincidence? I doubt it.

They were dead quiet, holding it all in until the 45th minute or so when George missed a header at the Anne's end -the cross was just to high or he was just too late, but the boys had a go anyway. They just couldn't contain themselves.

patsh
02/08/2003, 11:13 AM
I had a few words with a guy in the Shed last night. I never saw him there before, but for the whole of the first half, he cursed George every time he got the ball. No matter what happened, he called George "useless" etc. etc. Now he wasn't really shouting this, just saying it continuously. In the second half it got worse and worse though, and eventually I asked him why he had such a problem with George. He said because he was so useless and I must be blind not to see how bad he plays. He also seemed to think that "most fans think George is a waster and should be sold as quickly as possible". I was stunned to be honest, and asked him was he watching the same game as me, to which he replied "f*ck off if you are so blind". I told him that most fans have the complete opposite opinion about George, and he said I must be a "f*ckin blow-in" because I didn't know anything about City so.

I really can't understand why G O'C inspires such radically different attitudes and opinions. Last night wasn't his best game, but he was still far ahead of most other players on the pitch.
Bizarre !:confused:

A face
02/08/2003, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by patsh
I really can't understand why G O'C inspires such radically different attitudes and opinions.

Simple ...... chips ........ on shoulders !!

Eric
02/08/2003, 1:28 PM
F**K the begrudgers!!!!!!!!

WE LOVE YOU GEORGIE:D :D

Éanna
02/08/2003, 2:27 PM
Originally posted by Eric
F**K the begrudgers!!!!!!!!

WE LOVE YOU GEORGIE:D :D
agreed. there's some awful tw@ts out there

fonzi
02/08/2003, 3:51 PM
big up da main man georgio.
sing up!

Cityace
02/08/2003, 4:12 PM
There was some oul fella next to me and iv seen him at afew games before.His voice is to weak for georgie to hear but he was constantly on about him to his friends.The most annoying thing was that when georgie did something well he would say it was sh!t just so that he could keep his point valid!

niamh
02/08/2003, 4:19 PM
City fans always need someone to target abuse at it seems.
Time to get a life for some of ye out there.
SUPPORT the team!

Cityace
02/08/2003, 7:18 PM
Did anyone hear oisín ******'s interview with Dolan?
They were talking about it and dolan saidthere are always gonna be a few people like that but the main thing is that we keep supporting him and that georgie keeps proving them wrong,

Couldnt have put it better myself.

Long Live King George.:D

yiddo
03/08/2003, 10:08 AM
Met one of the many anti-georgies in the evergreen after the game. His opening line was "There's one player who shouldn't be left into the ground not a mind the team -George O'Callaghan". I thought he was winding me up but I saw the mad look in his eyes. I told him that if someone asked me why they should go to the cross that to see George play would be amongst the main reasons. He babbled on for a while about losing the ball, flicks the usual s*it etc. I told him George was the bravest player on the team always wanting the ball, never hiding etc. but to no avail. I ended by saying that we must be talking about 2 different players and if we weren't he knew f*ck all about football !
The worrying thing about the anti brigade is that lots of them are long standing City supporters. Have they become so used to s*it that they are now in denial when they see a quality footballer ?
Also how come that when Flynnie is going through a bad patch which he is at present there's really a murmer ? Even when he missed an open goal Friday night. Lads I don't mean this as a criticism of Johnno I'm just comparing the treatment George is getting in general and would have got if he'd missed that chance !

Éanna
03/08/2003, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by yiddo
I don't mean this as a criticism of Johnno I'm just comparing the treatment George is getting in general and would have got if he'd missed that chance !
I think you're spot on there. As niamh said it seems some people actually have a need to have a target for their horrible little mouths.

SSS
03/08/2003, 2:12 PM
Originally posted by Cityace
Did anyone hear oisín ******'s interview with Dolan?

Dolan said George was a genius with the ball and as long as he (Dolan) was at City, he'd want George there:D

Éanna
04/08/2003, 5:43 PM
Originally posted by SSS
Dolan said George was a genius with the ball and as long as he (Dolan) was at City, he'd want George there:D
Yeah, I was glad to hear dolan nailing his colours to the mast like that.

razor
05/08/2003, 9:12 AM
Heard another rumour over the weekend that he is off to Shels at the end of the season.

Money talks I suppose.

Theres no smoke.....

Neil
05/08/2003, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by razor
Heard another rumour over the weekend that he is off to Shels at the end of the season.
Where does Noel Spillane drink these days?

:rolleyes:

patsh
05/08/2003, 11:17 AM
Well you would have to say that after his two performances against them so far this season, it's very probable that $hels would be interested in him. However, there is quite a long way between interest in a good player, as all clubs would be, and someone actually signing.
I think George wants to be here and play with City, I think he feels this is the place for him and he realises that we are a team and a club who are going places when we get all the players we need and are a settled side.
He is also one of our main strengths and any manager would be a fool to lose such a valueable asset which weakens our team and strenghtens a rivals team.
George will be picking up the first of many medals with us next season at the latest! ;)

James
05/08/2003, 11:21 AM
On the George Bashers:

From CCFC summarised from a conversation on Friday Night:
-------------------------------------------
The club is aware of the problem.

3 letters of complaint have been received on the excessive abuse coming from the main stand directly entirely at george o callaghan.

For the derry match a number of plain clothes stewards were seated in the suspected section of the main stand and indeed the person suspected of this abuse was caught.

The person giving the alledeged abuse is afaik a Premier Season ticket holder with the club, and afaik has been pinted out to stewards and the ppl on the gate and at the next home cork city match he will be given a verbal warning on entry to the ground that such excessive abuse / behaviour will not be accepted in future.

Also cork city to the best of my knowledge will have a clause on future season / premier season tickets that the season ticket can be revoked by the club for such abusive behaviour.

tiktok
05/08/2003, 4:30 PM
Result!!!

great to see that the club are taking action at sustained abuse of a player. we can all lose the head now and again, i've shouted at george once or twice myself, but i can't understand why people wouldn't want him at the club. i hope he far outlasts the abusers at the cross.

as for him going to shels, i'll believe it when it happens, he's been linked to half the clubs in the western world at this stage and it seems clear that Dolan wants him at the club. hopefully a few morons won't affect george's thinking too much when the vast majority of the fans are behind him.

Cityace
07/08/2003, 11:17 AM
Good start,but what about people without season tickets??

tiktok
07/08/2003, 8:36 PM
i assume they can be turned away from future games without any discussion.
the problem with the current season ticket is that there's nothing in place for it to be revoked, so if the club were to try to revoke one (on any grounds) it could become a legal issue.