PDA

View Full Version : Tonights Echo 17/05/08

rambler14
17/05/2008, 6:05 PM
Did any of ye read tonights echo and the report on the match?

If what Hendo said is true, then his reaction after the match is totally justified as the refereeing in this country is gone to the dogs as Paul Tuite and Declan Hanney proved last week by receiving 5 game bans.
How can John Meade deserve to be sent off for a tackle on the half way line by the dugouts????:confused:

I'll be honest, I havn't been happy with what Hendo's said in his after match interviews this season because basicallly he's said the same thing every game. But this week he's finally come out and been totally honest!

MNS should tell a lot on Monday.

ramsfan
17/05/2008, 6:12 PM
he is right to have a go but he many be sitting in the madhouse soon because knowing the fai muppets he will prob get charge with disrepute for comments

rambler14
17/05/2008, 6:14 PM
he is right to have a go but he many be sitting in the madhouse soon because knowing the fai muppets he will prob get charge with disrepute for comments

Harsh comments by Hendo, over the top reaction maybe but it had to be done as the referee's have been fooking us all year.
Worth the potential 3 game ban in my opinion!

ramsfan
17/05/2008, 6:17 PM
i agree totally but fai will just see him as an easy fine and they will continue to cover asses of poor refs, if they ban loi refs who have poor games then there will be none left

Candystripe
19/05/2008, 12:47 AM
Was a sending off.

He was between half way line and the edge of the box when he cynically fouled Farren.

rambler14
19/05/2008, 8:15 AM
Was a sending off.

He was between half way line and the edge of the box when he cynically fouled Farren.

Lets wait and see for MNS.

bellavistaman
19/05/2008, 3:04 PM
Other derry fans have said it wasnt a red, whatever about the tackle supposedly and the player himself has said he handballed the ball ever before john meade was near him, i reckon the one camera prob wont be able to show if the rams players were in line or if he was the last man.

rambler14
19/05/2008, 3:46 PM
Was a sending off.

You and thischarmingman are the only people who have said it's a red!

Candystripe
19/05/2008, 5:32 PM
I had a good view and thought it was a red but I'm biased.

As for your goal which was disallowed........should have been given. It was never off-side.

See I'm not that biased.

rambler14
19/05/2008, 7:54 PM
Tom Connolly obviously doesn't like John Kearney, thats 2 of his goals he's disallowed this year!

As for the Derry goal. It was another goal Ramblers conceded from a John Meade throw. Thats about 3 or 4 goals we've conceded because John thinks he can throw the ball a mile when the truth is he can just about throw it 10 yards. Every game he tries one of his long throws and loses the ball.

bellavistaman
19/05/2008, 8:42 PM
Tom Connolly obviously doesn't like John Kearney, thats 2 of his goals he's disallowed this year!

As for the Derry goal. It was another goal Ramblers conceded from a John Meade throw. Thats about 3 or 4 goals we've conceded because John thinks he can throw the ball a mile when the truth is he can just about throw it 10 yards. Every game he tries one of his long throws and loses the ball.

fookin hell r14, change the record lad, form what i seen now ill have to watch it again later. but cummins had the ball tried to pass it back it hit the ref and according to mns 17 seconds of derry possesion they scored, now explain to me how that goal was john meades fault we had the ball in midfield, wee lost it not through our own fault then they scored. Explain how you can fault john meade there??

rambler14
19/05/2008, 9:55 PM
fookin hell r14, change the record lad, from what i seen now ill have to watch it again later. but cummins had the ball tried to pass it back it hit the ref and according to mns 17 seconds of derry possesion they scored, now explain to me how that goal was john meades fault we had the ball in midfield, wee lost it not through our own fault then they scored. Explain how you can fault john meade there??

I never said it was his fault!!!!
All I said was that we conceded from one of his throw in's...........again! You shouldn't concede once from an attacking throw in never mind 3 or 4!
The goal can be anyone of 5 players fault including John. Fact of the matter is, it was just crap defending.

bellavistaman
19/05/2008, 10:16 PM
All I said was that we conceded from one of his throw in's...........again! You shouldn't concede once from an attacking throw in never mind 3 or 4!
The goal can be anyone of 5 players fault including John. Fact of the matter is, it was just crap defending.
What, by saying::

As for the Derry goal. It was another goal Ramblers conceded from a John Meade throw. .

you ARE saying the goal was conceded from another JOHN MEADE throw right, ive watched it over 5 times here:http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/mns/features/cobhramblersav.html
and john meade throws the ball successfully to the forwards feet, a perfect throw, then ummins takes the ball under control and takes his touch, gets his body between the defender and the ball, so up to now everything is going perfect, were now into the third stage of this move, cummins passes the way he;s facing, k.coleman seemed to be his target, but the balls hits the ref( i dont think the ref could have gotten out of the way either, but was in a stupid position at the same time) and rebounds to a derry attacker, derry attack, and 17 seconds later goal. So do not say the goal was conceded from a john meade throw, because it wasnt, it was conceded from a unlucky break in play, and nobody gettin tight to the derry players in possesion. What did you want him to do, not try the long throw when it was the best option in front of him. And the only rams player to put a block/ tacke in, yes your buddy john meade, he skipped past poor old mucky, if mucky put the leg out it would have been a definite yellow and free kick at edge of box, obvioulsy iin hindsight we we'll take it now, but during the game we couldnt afford that so no real blame for mucky either. Seriously have to stop trying to single out players for goals, it unfiar especially when the case, in this intance is such a weak one.

6yardpunisha
20/05/2008, 8:11 AM

jesus wept,are you suffering from some kind of mental condition, you blamed John Meade directly and now your saying you didnt, get over it lad cause your talking toilets AGAIN

rambler14
20/05/2008, 9:59 AM
jesus wept,are you suffering from some kind of mental condition, you blamed John Meade directly and now your saying you didnt, get over it lad cause your talking toilets AGAIN

No I didn't. Show me where I said "that goal was John Meades fault". All i'm saying is that when you have a throw you should at least create something from it, at the moment when Rams have a throw they lose posession!!

6yardpunisha
20/05/2008, 10:04 AM

RIGHT THERE

drinkfeckarse
20/05/2008, 10:10 AM
R14 I think it's fair to say that your post implied that you thought it was John Meade's fault. If you're saying you didn't mean it like that then we should just accept it and move on.

No point in yet another thread thread descending into tit-for-tat.

outside in
20/05/2008, 10:25 AM
r14 go back and read ur posts....ur wrong this time kid

rambler14
20/05/2008, 11:07 AM
I'm blamin the whole team for the goal not just John! It just so happened that it began with his throw and the fact that something like this has happened before is putting us further and further down the table.

outside in
20/05/2008, 11:11 AM
I'm blamin the whole team for the goal not just John! It just so happened that it began with his throw and the fact that something like this has happened before is putting us further and further down the table.
no it started when the ref played the the ball to derry not from the throw as we stil had the ball in a good possition

6yardpunisha
20/05/2008, 11:12 AM

well if thats the case you should clarify that in your posts because we all know the players read the posts on this forum and if your constantly harping on one player its not good for their confidence.

depor
20/05/2008, 5:01 PM
true 6yardpunisher, the players probably do read the threads on here, and no-one was to blame and its water off a ducks to them anyway. i think all of the team or squad played very well in derry, robbed of a draw.not many teams would go up there and hold derry off with 5-6 1st team players missing. what we need now is the seige/their-all-against-us mentality because its true:D

bellavistaman
20/05/2008, 7:55 PM
no it started when the ref played the the ball to derry not from the throw as we stil had the ball in a good possition

oh to understand football:p