PDA

View Full Version : Pompey win the FA Cup

rambler14
17/05/2008, 4:11 PM
They probably deserved it in the end. Well if anyone deserved it Harry Redknapp deserves it.

But all credit to Cardiff City I though they were absolutely fantastic. I don't know how they didn't score(well actually I do it's called the brick wall put up by Distin and Campbell!) Cardiff have some great players and will probably be a major force in the Championship next year.
Roger Johnson and Loovens(defo a handball for his goal) were brilliant and they have some great young players. Ledley, Ramsey and Parry were all played their parts well. McNaughton at full-back was unbelievable I thought, cramped and all he never stopped running.

Pompey should do well in Europe and will probably be even better next year in the league.

Plastic Paddy
17/05/2008, 4:42 PM
I'm very happy for David James. I played in the same schoolboy team as him at Watford and he was a genuinely nice lad. It's hard to believe that this is his first major medal given his long career at the top of English football. Well done to him and all at PFC.

:ball: PP

Cymro
17/05/2008, 4:56 PM
Cardiff used up all their luck getting to the final. They must have had the easiest draw possible.

That said, I grudgingly admit they played pretty well today.

superfrank
17/05/2008, 4:59 PM
It's hard to believe that this is his first major medal...
He does have two runners-up medals.

Watching the game, I thought the first half was pretty crap. Cardiff closed down the Portsmouth players very well. It was only Utaka, Johnson and Muntari, players with pace, who could get into any real space. Kanu wasn't man of the match but then again it would have been hard to pick anyone else that played exceedingly well.

Second half did better but Portsmouth seemed to accept a 1-0 win and Cardiff didn't have enough to break them down.

Plastic Paddy
17/05/2008, 5:21 PM

I thought it was implicit that I meant winner's medals. He also has two Herts Senior Cup medals from his time at Watford but I'd say they mean as much as the two you mention. Today's will be the one that counts.

superfrank
17/05/2008, 5:35 PM
I thought it was implicit that I meant winner's medals. He also has two Herts Senior Cup medals from his time at Watford but I'd say they mean as much as the two you mention. Today's will be the one that counts.

It was said with tongue in cheek, PP.

ramsfan
17/05/2008, 6:21 PM
fair dues to portsmouth, delighted for harry redknapp deserves a major trophy, good manager and seems like a nice bloke

Plastic Paddy
18/05/2008, 6:53 AM
It was said with tongue in cheek, PP.

Whoops. Looks like I left my irony filter off. :o

paudie
18/05/2008, 8:05 PM

Watching the game, I thought the first half was pretty crap. Cardiff closed down the Portsmouth players very well. It was only Utaka, Johnson and Muntari, players with pace, who could get into any real space. Kanu wasn't man of the match but then again it would have been hard to pick anyone else that played exceedingly well.

Second half did better but Portsmouth seemed to accept a 1-0 win and Cardiff didn't have enough to break them down.

I thought the first half was better! Plenty of chances for both sides.

In the second half Cardiff only looked like scoring in the last few minutes when a few shots were blocked

Glad Pompey won as they were the better team. Always liked Kanu. He has a good collection of medals.
Champs League - Olympics-FA cup - Probably Dutch stuff with Ajax as well

cheifo
19/05/2008, 12:57 AM
Great atmosphere as the two teams came out onto the pitch.Real sense of occasion with fans of both teams looking delighted to be there.
Reasonable if not great game.Better than last years boring rubbish anyway.

Angus
19/05/2008, 10:08 AM
Maybe it's just my contrarian attitude but I am struggling with this "let's all be for 'Arry" thing.

He did a great job for us for a while at West Ham but arguably squandered the big cash injection from Rio Ferdinand sale to Leeds.

His time at West Ham is remebered fondly but I am stopping short of legend status - not convinced by all this media bandwagon - how much of this is media payback for the "corruption" stories last year ?

DaveyCakes
19/05/2008, 12:04 PM
Harry Redknapp is a second-hand car dealer masquerading as a football manager