PDA

View Full Version : Blue and white Invasion

Pages : [1] 2 3

Sam_Heggy
16/05/2008, 11:06 PM
At the minute there is a mass exodus of 5 people heading to Cobh on Friday. Be warned :eek:

How do ye see this game going? We have stopped the rot and are really looking good in attack, maybe turning a corner but this is a massive game for both sides, a loss is really unthinkable for either side, should be good.

depor
16/05/2008, 11:49 PM
ya its a very important game, like many i dont agree with changing the date of this fixture. i do think ramblers will win as they are the better footballing side, but who knows. anything is possible now.i do think harps will slow the game down, and defend like mad as a point is good away from home against fellow strugglers, even though i hate the ''strugglers'' tag its looking like its true.

ramsfan
17/05/2008, 3:02 AM
its getting critical now rather than important we need to get points and quick as said before teams around are pickin points we are not:(

rambler14
17/05/2008, 11:52 AM
At the minute there is a mass exodus of 5 people heading to Cobh on Friday. Be warned :eek:

How do ye see this game going? We have stopped the rot and are really looking good in attack, maybe turning a corner but this is a massive game for both sides, a loss is really unthinkable for either side, should be good.

Hah we had 7 go to the game in Ballybofey and ye can only get 5!:D

Sam_Heggy
17/05/2008, 2:27 PM
Hah we had 7 go to the game in Ballybofey and ye can only get 5!:D

Does this guy ever get out? :rolleyes: My car can only hold 5 people, jeesh.

On a serious note, we will not be going to defend like mad, we are awful defensively and to sit back and defend is just crazy, now offensively we are very dangerous and I'd imagine that will be our approach.

Comic Book Guy
17/05/2008, 5:07 PM
Does this guy ever get out? :rolleyes: My car can only hold 5 people, jeesh.

On a serious note, we will not be going to defend like mad, we are awful defensively and to sit back and defend is just crazy, now offensively we are very dangerous and I'd imagine that will be our approach.

THat would suit Ramblers as the likes of Kieran O'Reilly and Davin O'Neill have pace to burn, as for the game, it's one where we have to win.

ramsfan
17/05/2008, 6:38 PM
they can run allday but it is putting the ball in the back of the net i am more concerned about something they have failed to do so far this season

rambler14
17/05/2008, 6:41 PM
THat would suit Ramblers as the likes of Kieran O'Reilly and Davin O'Neill have pace to burn

They could run all day but they couldn't score in a brothel!

ramsfan
17/05/2008, 8:06 PM
....with fifty quid hanging out of there back pocket:D

don ramo
17/05/2008, 8:53 PM
lads this a must must must win game, if we dont win this no point investing and getting into debth, i dont se how any player could possibly make this squad better, its a very good squad, a young age, given, but they get along with each other and can play good football (maybe to much good football), i dont see the point in throwing money at the problem, we have the players, we just need to start scoring, i might accept one maybe two signings, but notin major, if were heading back to the first divison i dont want the club to be crippled, there is a very strict budget in place and it has to be kept for the future of the club,

2-3 nil id say, we should be showing harps how to play football, if we cant teach them we might aswell pack our bags :mad:

marty
17/05/2008, 11:37 PM
Id agree with Don Ramo on this one we have to believe the floodgates will open,at least two goals anyway that should set us up nicely for the Galway game.Would i be mad in suggesting 7 points from our next three games,its not a lot to ask when you see some of the individuals we have id def like to see Mucky in the centre of midfield at some stage also.

rambler14
18/05/2008, 12:12 AM
I said b4 the Derry game that at least 4 from our next 3. Not only is a win vs Harps vital but the importance of getting a goal in the 1st half must be taken into account.

ramsfan
18/05/2008, 8:35 AM
dont care if it is first half second half added time etc once we score

bellavistaman
18/05/2008, 2:19 PM
lads this a must must must win game, if we dont win this no point investing and getting into debth, i dont se how any player could possibly make this squad better, its a very good squad, a young age, given, but they get along with each other and can play good football (maybe to much good football), i dont see the point in throwing money at the problem, we have the players, we just need to start scoring, i might accept one maybe two signings, but notin major, if were heading back to the first divison i dont want the club to be crippled, there is a very strict budget in place and it has to be kept for the future of the club,

2-3 nil id say, we should be showing harps how to play football, if we cant teach them we might aswell pack our bags :mad:

you have to invest, greg o hallloran is must IMO, if we could get darren murphy we'd be laughin, only on season loan and make sure we not paying his wages, colin o brien is available for loan in summer, according to billy barry on 96fm friday alan matthews told him that, softic, the lad kelly o brien and darren murphy will be offered out on loan due to lack of first team oppurtunities. its too early to talk about first division, were not going down there simple as, we take whatever happens when it comes, but we have to keep the ****in faith, we've been unlucky alot, we havent been trounced, and weve been poor in front of goal, thats all that our problem. This **** talk about relegation has to stop now, were coming up to two vital games, and if we win them two or get 4 points things wil be very different and will have different outlook, if we dont get 4 points its not the end of the world but were in trouble alright. But ii think that any fan going to support the team next friday with the attitude that after only one series gone that were in trouble and are going down, well they'd want to seriously think why do i support the team, if we think were gone, it will transpire onto the pitch, and were ****ed altogether then.

BTW, anybody notice they old doubters back where they belong, smiling ripely again,with the same **** every week," oh rams lost again did they??" "They wont last at all, not good enough simple as, and i heard the club are ****ed financially are they??" Smiling away mad, makes me sick, and its the same people who never asked me once last year how rams got on because they knew we were winning, but were not getting results anymore so now they want to hear how were doing, they ask me a question and next thing then they have a hundered "facts" about the club internally, so for some1 who supposedly knows **** all about the club, not even the result, they know more than us on here. Little rant id like to get out there. Sick **** of it now.

Just to get back on topic, Sam Heggy looking forward to seeing ya bud

bellavistaman
18/05/2008, 2:20 PM
and friday night is going to be a very hard game, their a good team gethins is very dangerous, and one nil will do me just fine

rambler14
18/05/2008, 6:42 PM
according to billy barry on 96fm friday alan matthews told him that, softic, the lad kelly o brien and darren murphy will be offered out on loan due to lack of first team oppurtunities.

And if Ramblers are to take any player from that list it should be Colin O'Brien. Signing another young player without sufficient experience in the Premier Divison would be a mistake and it would be a nail in the coffin that is relegation in my opinion.

Sam_Heggy
18/05/2008, 8:30 PM
Just to get back on topic, Sam Heggy looking forward to seeing ya bud

Just no more of that god awful music man PLEASE :eek: your lucky there wasnt a riot in the junction last time ye were up :p

bellavistaman
18/05/2008, 10:49 PM
And if Ramblers are to take any player from that list it should be Colin O'Brien. Signing another young player without sufficient experience in the Premier Divison would be a mistake and it would be a nail in the coffin that is relegation in my opinion.

Na darren murphy IMO, id take darren, colin o brien and greg o halloran without a touhght, they'd all be fantastic additions to the squad

Just no more of that god awful music man PLEASE :eek: your lucky there wasnt a riot in the junction last time ye were up :p

ye dont know good music up there my man, neish doesnt have a clue, :D, and the only b it of good music on that jukebox was the quo, i couldnt resist

ramsfan
22/05/2008, 8:43 AM
colin o brien is what we need an old head to settle things in the middle and defo gethins is deadly he is the one we should be really frightened of, any chance we could sign him lol:D

micls
22/05/2008, 10:11 AM
The reason were sending players out on loan is to cut down the wage bill a bit to make room for new signings.

So ye're certainly not going to get them without paying at least a fair part of their wages bellavistaman

bellavistaman
22/05/2008, 11:47 AM
The reason were sending players out on loan is to cut down the wage bill a bit to make room for new signings.

So ye're certainly not going to get them without paying at least a fair part of their wages bellavistaman

ah balls, maybe we just have to cut down a few too.

Id cut georges wages micls, watching him last two games that were on tele, is he really worth what your payin him, pure "le sulk"

micls
22/05/2008, 2:48 PM
Id cut georges wages micls, watching him last two games that were on tele, is he really worth what your payin him, pure "le sulk"

Top scorer, 7 goals from midfield 1/3 of the way throught he season and he still hasn't hit top form.......

How exactly do you 'cut' a players wages :confused:

bellavistaman
22/05/2008, 10:06 PM
ship him out, he not worth it, or say the club is restructuring the finances. He is class though obviously but his attitude is ****

micls
23/05/2008, 9:38 AM
ship him out, he not worth it, or say the club is restructuring the finances. He is class though obviously but his attitude is ****
Lol. Do you have any idea what a contract is?

Yeah lets ship out our top scorer. Thats a great idea.

micls
23/05/2008, 8:30 PM

Another goal and an assist tonight. OUT!!!

rambler14
23/05/2008, 10:41 PM
Is there anyway to describe the crap witnessed tonight??? All I can come up with is "Cobh Shambles".

I can't even be bothered starting a thread for the game it was that bad a night. The team, officials and even Hendo's tactics were useless(3-1 down before he made a sub???? C'mon like!)
Thank Christ the Galway game comes around so soon because the quicker we forget about this game the better.

bellavistaman
24/05/2008, 1:42 AM
Is there anyway to describe the crap witnessed tonight??? All I can come up with is "Cobh Shambles".

I can't even be bothered starting a thread for the game it was that bad a night. The team, officials and even Hendo's tactics were useless(3-1 down before he made a sub???? C'mon like!)
Thank Christ the Galway game comes around so soon because the quicker we forget about this game the better.

Cobh shambles, ****in hilarious, how about you try makea sub with the players hendo had available to him!!! How come i knew youd be the first person on here to mouth off, for **** sake, face the facts boy i was with the harps fans and they admit we should have been 3 up by half time!!! We had very little players available to us and had to make with what we had, bad result but its typical of the sh!t im hearing all night. Its not the end of the world and were not relegated yet, if you think we are dont even bother turining up abuse the players quite frankly im sure they can do without:mad::mad:

don ramo
24/05/2008, 2:03 AM
Cobh shambles, ****in hilarious, how about you try makea sub with the players hendo had available to him!!! How come i knew youd be the first person on here to mouth off, for **** sake, face the facts boy i was with the harps fans and they admit we should have been 3 up by half time!!! We had very little players available to us and had to make with what we had, bad result but its typical of the sh!t im hearing all night. Its not the end of the world and were not relegated yet, if you think we are dont even bother turining up abuse the players quite frankly im sure they can do without:mad::mad:

we SHOULD have been 3 up, but we werent 3 up, this is the problem, why is it when players are out the wing they can skip past 4 challenges with relative ease, but when there confronted with a one on one with the keeper they shoot, rather than side step the keeper for a free net, twice this happened and the keeper went to ground early enough that he could have easily been side stepped, shoulda woulda coulda DIDNT, im sorry for the badmouthing but how long can you cover it up, we played good football and we got nowhere time to change, this division isnt gonna wait for us to adjust and wait for our luck to change, wer'e there every week through bad results cheering the lads on regardless, i think it time they took a step back and figure out what exactly is the issue with our blatant lack of goals,

the ref was his usual useless self tonight, but we didnt do ourselfs any favours with or lack of killer touch, (which stuck out like a member of boyzone at a slipknot concert), if players arent up for it limerick and waterford are an hour away, ive been at every home game bar 4 or 5 in the last 4 years im a season ticket holder for 3 and i know for a fact the lads are not giving 100% on that pitch, and anyone being honest will say that, i believe we can turn it around, but i must ask, have we left it to late, i really hope not

Comic Book Guy
24/05/2008, 7:33 AM
My two cents worth? Well, I thought for a start that the finishing bordered on the bizarre, I would love to know the proportion of converted chances to created chances this season, I reckon it must be about 3 to 4 per cent.
I have been a staunch defender of Steve but I feel it was a mistake to play Cummins in midfield tonight, he should have been up front, lets face he surely would have buried the header that Mucky missed from close out in the second half.
While Fennelly made a good save to stop Gethins when it was 0-1 I feel he should have done better for the 3rd as should have Carey.
Davin? I thought he was good in the first half but Caro kept trying to ping an over the top ball to him all night which their right full got all night, his confidence seems to be lacking a bit.
Reilly? will run all night but why oh why isn't he a little more composed in front of goal?
We really missed Bilko, Meadey and Gutsy and alan Kearney can't come back too soon IMO.
I left the game seriously angry, ****ed off because we f****d away three points again.

Risteard
24/05/2008, 9:48 AM
Was down last night.
Ye've better players than Harps.
Three words to describe Rams are naive, naive, naive.
Time to start putting 9 or 10 men behind the ball I'd say.
Similar to City, well able to play ball but no end product.

Reilly was sent off after the whistle, foul and abusive language.
Oh, and what has happened to Davin O'Neill?
Woeful.

bellavistaman
24/05/2008, 11:48 AM
we SHOULD have been 3 up, but we werent 3 up, this is the problem, why is it when players are out the wing they can skip past 4 challenges with relative ease, but when there confronted with a one on one with the keeper they shoot, rather than side step the keeper for a free net, twice this happened and the keeper went to ground early enough that he could have easily been side stepped, shoulda woulda coulda DIDNT, im sorry for the badmouthing but how long can you cover it up, we played good football and we got nowhere time to change, this division isnt gonna wait for us to adjust and wait for our luck to change, wer'e there every week through bad results cheering the lads on regardless, i think it time they took a step back and figure out what exactly is the issue with our blatant lack of goals,

the ref was his usual useless self tonight, but we didnt do ourselfs any favours with or lack of killer touch, (which stuck out like a member of boyzone at a slipknot concert), if players arent up for it limerick and waterford are an hour away, ive been at every home game bar 4 or 5 in the last 4 years im a season ticket holder for 3 and i know for a fact the lads are not giving 100% on that pitch, and anyone being honest will say that, i believe we can turn it around, but i must ask, have we left it to late, i really hope not

first off, im not covering anything up, im defending the team because simple as they dont intentionally miss them chances and they are the same players as last year in a harder league, and they deserve to be defened IMO. How in the name of god could you say to me they are not giving 100% on the pitch, that is not a fact my friend, ,whos not giving 100%, its very easy to say when were losin their not giving 100%, that is a major insult to every player. They didnt stop trying last night they never gave up, not one player out there last night started to shrug his shoulders, give up just wasnt going to happen, questioning their commitment is a low IMO.

the ref btw has done nothing wrong, we lost that match ourselves with bad defending, and brutal finshing.

I have been a staunch defender of Steve but I feel it was a mistake to play Cummins in midfield tonight, he should have been up front, lets face he surely would have buried the header that Mucky missed from close out in the second half

thats a stupid commment, thats like saying if reilly had cambridges chance we would have scored, what about cummins miss from 6 yards out?? BTW mucky was a right winger, so that has nothing to do with cummins, and players make different players make different runs.

Was down last night.
Ye've better players than Harps.
Three words to describe Rams are naive, naive, naive.
Time to start putting 9 or 10 men behind the ball I'd say.
Similar to City, well able to play ball but no end product.

Reilly was sent off after the whistle, foul and abusive language.
Oh, and what has happened to Davin O'Neill?
Woeful.

Cheers for coming down, crowd was brutal!!

Reillys sending off was not acceptable just not good enough unfortunaly, we had nobody last night, a bare 11, now we only have ten, with no out and out striker for monday. Hes one of the elder players, he shoulld apologise to the team, he let them down last night, for **** sake, the players should have been ****ing themselves out of it, sort it out like, nmot blaming the referee for once the ref was not the fault.

marty
24/05/2008, 12:07 PM
Hes was s**t anyway we would av been better off without him-how many times does he need to be caught offside then he just runs his mouth off to the ref/linesmen.To be honest we are stuck with more than half a first division team cant understand why cummins was in midfield and mucky was on the right there was so much lastnight that was just wrong and ppl wont be hangin around much longer it was pure tripe.Fair play to harps they know the importance of taking chances Galway cant come fast enough 3 points a must.

luka
24/05/2008, 12:11 PM
ppl wont be hangin around much longer

I think it may have started last night. It was the first time this year that I saw cowds leaving well before the final whistle.

bellavistaman
24/05/2008, 12:14 PM
I think it may have started last night. It was the first time this year that I saw cowds leaving well before the final whistle.

"loyals" i presume

Comic Book Guy
24/05/2008, 1:22 PM
[QUOTE=bellavistaman;949052]
thats a stupid commment, thats like saying if reilly had cambridges chance we would have scored, what about cummins miss from 6 yards out?? BTW mucky was a right winger, so that has nothing to do with cummins, and players make different players make different runs.

No that's not what I was getting at, for a start Cummins is not a midfielder, you only had to look at the way the Harps player went past him for the second goal to see why. Cummins should only play in midfield as part of a 5 man set up, he is a striker (and a good one IMO). I would have started with Roy Long in the middle.
The one bit of good news is that JM will be back for monday night. As for Reilly's sending off well that's just plain stupid. The game is over and leave it go.

don ramo
24/05/2008, 3:18 PM
the ref btw has done nothing wrong, we lost that match ourselves with bad defending, and brutal finshing.

bad defending and brutal finnising is not 100%, sorry now but if your a striker and are one on one with a keeper the ball should be in the back of the net, last year these opotunities were buried, the divison might have changed but one on one with a keeper is one on one with a keeper, no excuse,
no point covering the cracks that performance was tripe, player arent even playing in there proper positions, like what was said already, cummins is no midfileder and mucky isnt a striker but yet thats where they ended up last night,
order must be put in place, same with penos every tom, dick and harry is takin them, pick a player and hes the peno taker i dont care if he misses he'll just have to man up next time and do it again, not on

Sam_Heggy
24/05/2008, 5:09 PM
Bella it was a pleasure to meet up and have a few pints as usual, good nights craic, hospitality was brilliant, great bunch of fans ye have down there. 6yardpunisha, sorry ya couldn't meet up with us this time, hopefully see ya in Ballybofey in a few months time.

First 20 mins ye battered us but, I said to Bella when we got the corner that this is how we will get into the game and sure enough we scored.
Yer squad is very depleted and its tough for the likes of Hegarty or Henderson to attract the players they need or of the standard required to Donegal or Cobh. Money is one thing but Location doesn't help either.
Ye played some good football at times but poor finishing cost ye. A manager can only put out his best 11 available, ye have something like 5/6 regulars out injured/suspended, ye don't have the squad to cope with that and again its hard to lay blame at the managers feet.

All the best for the rest of the season folks.

outside in
24/05/2008, 5:27 PM
bad defending and brutal finnising is not 100%, sorry now but if your a striker and are one on one with a keeper the ball should be in the back of the net, last year these opotunities were buried, the divison might have changed but one on one with a keeper is one on one with a keeper, no excuse,
no point covering the cracks that performance was tripe, player arent even playing in there proper positions, like what was said already, cummins is no midfileder and mucky isnt a striker but yet thats where they ended up last night,
order must be put in place, same with penos every tom, dick and harry is takin them, pick a player and hes the peno taker i dont care if he misses he'll just have to man up next time and do it again, not on
i say we blame hendo,not a clue wat he's doing i mean just look at wat he did last year,pure fluke right:rolleyes:ffs get off his back,he knows how to run his team so let him get on wit it

don ramo
24/05/2008, 6:25 PM
i say we blame hendo,not a clue wat he's doing i mean just look at wat he did last year,pure fluke right:rolleyes:ffs get off his back,he knows how to run his team so let him get on wit it

im not saying sack him but obviously he needs to address certain issues, like team selction and where he plays certin players, thats 2 home games in a row lost, out of 12 games we have 6 points so thats 2 wins and 10 losses (obviously 1 win and 3 draws), this problem of not finnishing our chances has to be addressed imediately and its not new players needed, as this time last year davin, cummins or reilly would have had 2 goals last night, so something is wrong, when you break free from defenders you should score at least one of two or three attempts, there strikers thats there job and they would wanna start doing,

if you diasgree with that assesment you are a fool, a strikers job is to score goal and its not happening therefore ther are NOT doing there jobs

Sam_Heggy
24/05/2008, 6:36 PM
if you diasgree with that assesment you are a fool,

Jaysus, half of Cobh mustn't be too bright then so :p

How do you suggest the manager makes players score the chances?

Hendo "right lads, no wages this week if ya miss any chances"

O'Neill "But boss, the mortgage, the bills, I haven't ate in 2 months"

Madness how some supporters think, its not as if the player goes out to deliberately miss the chances and the manager can't exactly put them in himself from the sidelines.

don ramo
24/05/2008, 7:02 PM
Jaysus, half of Cobh mustn't be too bright then so :p

How do you suggest the manager makes players score the chances?

Hendo "right lads, no wages this week if ya miss any chances"

O'Neill "But boss, the mortgage, the bills, I haven't ate in 2 months"

Madness how some supporters think, its not as if the player goes out to deliberately miss the chances and the manager can't exactly put them in himself from the sidelines.

harldy do now sam, as i said it has to be addressed, i dont think we need players or a new manager, as i know these players can play better what i dont inderstand is why there playing siht

Sam_Heggy
24/05/2008, 9:16 PM
harldy do now sam, as i said it has to be addressed, i dont think we need players or a new manager, as i know these players can play better what i dont inderstand is why there playing siht

Thats football, its all about confidence. If you play at any level you will know, if you miss an easy chance it plays on your mind, same if you make a mistake in defence it all effects you. I don't care if your playing at the highest or lowest level, confidence is key.
Blaming players/managers doesn't help, yer not playing sh!t tbh, ye created about 6/7 good chances last night, had ye converted a few of those chances you would be on here with a whole other tune.

ramsfan
25/05/2008, 2:55 PM
lads i wasnt at match but we are losing the run of ourselves a bit players are doing there best , manager is doing best with squad available, the plain and simple fact is the team is underresourced , no decent signings were made in close season and we are suffering now, yes i agree we are naive but the reason being when pressure comes on the nerves jangle due to a lack of real premier league experience, with all our big sponsorship deals etc , money needs to be found and the manager needs some help. being honest i would be more worried about hendo walking away rather than him being sacked, he deserves credit he is trying to do things right in a difficult situation and people like his misus are giving there all to raise money etc and credit is due there but it is only small cheese to what we need , time for management committee of club to back our premier ambitions with money and resources rather than promises. i feel sorry for the players and hendo because with each week we lose a little more confidence and we become more scared to take chances and if it continues like this july will come and go because it could be too late, before anyone tears into me i am saying this because i love this club and after last years high this is becomng the ultimate low we are fast looking like the derby of the loi:mad:

cheifo
25/05/2008, 4:41 PM
Lads its all about confidence and you have some handy young players.If Hendo signs one or two experienced players in July to steady things I believe you will surprise a few teams.Its important to remeber the budget that managers like Hendo have to spend is a lot smaller tham most(if not all) clubs.
Not telling you your business, just offering an outside perspective.Good luck.

bellavistaman
25/05/2008, 7:53 PM
Sammy boy, nice metting ye again, we'll be up next time around too hopefully. Good night it was, bar the result of course. Parkhouse was excellent your right dont know why he gets the abuse he gets.

cheifo
26/05/2008, 11:07 PM
Lads its all about confidence and you have some handy young players.If Hendo signs one or two experienced players in July to steady things I believe you will surprise a few teams.Its important to remeber the budget that managers like Hendo have to spend is a lot smaller tham most(if not all) clubs.
Not telling you your business, just offering an outside perspective.Good luck.

See.;)

Redshanks
27/05/2008, 9:10 AM
When your right your right!

Sam_Heggy
27/05/2008, 9:49 AM
When your right your right!

Yeah and I feckin knew it wasn't a penalty too on friday :mad:

Redshanks
27/05/2008, 12:19 PM
I said when your right, I didnt say your right all the time -like me!

bellavistaman
27/05/2008, 12:37 PM
Oh Ye of little faith. Someone said here bella'd want to wake up smell the ****, ah well. See being a fan you cant give up, when we lose a important game, its very easy to give out and knock the team, but we had a game in 72 hours, one in which we won lads, a massive victory, so now its time start supporting the team, cut out the negativity and give the team the proper support they deserve, positivity will rub through to team, fact.