PDA

View Full Version : Liveline

James
29/08/2001, 3:03 PM
Anyone check out liveline today. There was a guy on from Mullingar FC who was saying that they will be joining Div 1 next season to make up the numbers.Good to get another team from outside the Pale involved

Gerry Desmond
29/08/2001, 3:51 PM
Yeah, came across tat when I was channel hopping. Story's been in most of the press in recent days...Mullingar millionaire based in London plans to make De (next) Town successful. Is sending a squad of players from a London Academy to represent Mullingar in the U21 League and they look likely candidates to fill the St Francis vacancy next summer. Aparently, the academy squad is composed of Brazilians, Jamaicans, Nigerians, Portuguese etc etc.
Should give the U21 League plenty of exposure if nothing else. Still, it proves rich fat uncles are the future of the National League.
Unfortunately, the programme lost the link to Roy Dooney...

Irish soccer, always interesting.:D

Gerry

James
29/08/2001, 4:00 PM
full story from unison website (http://www.unison.ie/sportsdesk/stories.php3?ca=12&si=502368)

interesting read:cool:

pete
29/08/2001, 4:19 PM
Jeez that stories been around the press for the last week! Indo/Unison took their time noticing it!

So James & Gerry are admitting to listening (or catching when channel hopping in Gerrys case) to JOE DUFFYs Liveline

;)

James
29/08/2001, 4:21 PM
no me at work. i gota text from someone to listen to it.
I havent listened to liveline since Marion left.
mmmmmmmmmmmmmm:D

Gerry Desmond
29/08/2001, 5:06 PM
...Yeah: Marion was tops! :D

Gerry

PS Good thing I lied about channel-hopping....