PDA

View Full Version : v Waterford United

Blueandproud
15/05/2008, 5:26 PM
Hi Lads.

Does anyone know when the F.A.I. will release the actual date for the
Galway United .V. Waterford United F.A.I. Ford Cup game.

Patrick Dunne
15/05/2008, 6:07 PM
Friday 6th June, Terryland Park, KO 7.45pm.

Not announced officially yet.

Blueandproud
15/05/2008, 7:22 PM
Thanks alot, most appreciated. Listen, could you help me with one more thing, please. In what stand do the away fans sit, is it the old or the new.

Thanks.

gufct
15/05/2008, 7:55 PM
old stand Blocks F&G seperate turnstiles food and portaloos.

Paddyfield
15/05/2008, 9:22 PM
FOGRA: Food is not actually served from the portaloos.

eamo1
15/05/2008, 10:14 PM
FOGRA: Food is not actually served from the portaloos.----but still tastes like it has been;).

corbyeire
16/05/2008, 9:50 AM
old stand Blocks F&G seperate turnstiles food and portaloos.

FOGRA: Food is not actually served from the portaloos.

----but still tastes like it has been;).

:D:D

excellent stuff lads!

Blueandproud
16/05/2008, 2:20 PM
Thanls alot Lads.

stann
21/05/2008, 1:05 PM
Was asked to ask ye if anyone has heard anything about the game being televised? I think the thinking is that with one of the ties due for coverage, the fact ye have not been featured live yet might tip the balance in favour of this game over the Rovers v Sligo one for example. Unlikely but you never know.

gufcfan
22/05/2008, 2:43 PM
I'd rather watch rovers v sligo to be honest.

Then again, we have a better chance of beating Waterford than some of the other teams we could have drawn, so I wont complain either way...

Terry
22/05/2008, 8:11 PM
not a notion of that happening, much better matches than our one.

stann
23/05/2008, 12:27 PM
Yeah doubted it would be shown alright, but I said I'd ask and I did. I think the fact ye hadn't been shown yet, and the bit of intrigue about the tie, made the wish the father to the thought for some of the lads down here.

As it happens, I'd reckon there's not that many better games for telly, Rovers-Sligo and Shels-Dundalk would be arguably the only ones more likely to be featured. And it will be the first one, of course. The only all Premier game and it's in Dublin, how could it not be! :D

noby
23/05/2008, 12:43 PM
The only straw we can clutch to is that it's the home of TG4 versus the home of Nemeton. Bah, who am I kidding.

Blueandproud
01/06/2008, 5:41 PM
Ahhh, it's almost upon us lads.

Galway United .V. Waterford United, I can't wait. I have been planning
my trip to the west ever since the draw was made, and I can't wait.
I would love a good cup run this year, and would absolutely love another F.A.I. Cup Final appearance, against Longford, and beating them by scoring two goals in the last ten minutes would be my dream final.

Roll On Friday !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

COME ON BLUES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Terry
01/06/2008, 5:50 PM
no need to open a new thread everytime you want to talk about the match, just reply/bump this one !

eamo1
01/06/2008, 10:42 PM
It depends which Galway utd team turns up,if it the one that played last Friday then we will win handy enough,however if its the one that turned up vrs Cobh last week then we will be out of the cup.
Remember a few years ago at home to Kilkenny,lost 1-0.Against Harps last year too.So i aint predicting this one,ill just enjoy it i think:).

gufct
02/06/2008, 12:48 PM
Its back to our old problem that has bedevilled United Sides for Years Complacency.I hope that the disaster that was last monday has finally got through to the players that we cant underestimate any team and have to be at the top of our game for every game we play.

The supporters also have their part to play in creating a hostile atmosphere for any team coming to terryland not by chanting abusive stupid songs but being Colorful Loud and Proud and getting up there early on Friday night (one less pint wont make a dfference if we win lads) so the players can see were all together.

We also need a PA announcer who is there an hour before the game interested in stoking up that atmosphere and not relying on the CPO to be lining up his music when he should be out doing his own work.

Pa and the lads in GUST are looking for people to leave up their flags early (any Galway Flag will do doesnt have to be a gufc one even Connacht Rugby/GAA other local soccer clubs) ,dont forget to wear your jerseys with pride and they also need two volunteers for the Tifo Flags to be there before kick off. Anyone who has any instruments to bring them too and lets get the place Rocking..

Con-Con
02/06/2008, 6:27 PM
Huge game IMO. If we can get a good cup run it would hopefully raise spirits and help us climb the league table. I would absolutely LOVE it if we go to Europe next season that would get the supportyers back!

But it comes down to what eamo said if we play like whatwe did against Pats we'll win, if we don't were out. Simple as that!

Conor H
06/06/2008, 10:05 PM
Well done lads great win.

Can't wait for next round...i'll be back for it aswell.

Tir Oilean
06/06/2008, 11:48 PM
Twas a weird game to be at. TBH it didnt feel like a cup match at all.......maybe because I had no beer beforehand! Glad we won but the real thing as always is the league. The cup should be looked at as a practice run out, if we go too far in it we could run into serious injury problems which aint good after todays team news. Thought we played well had the ball for nearly the 90mins. Again no substitutions and Russell was MOTM. O'Shea had some lovely runs and nearly scored a great individual goal. The backs were pretty solid. As always we were ****e at set pieces seems to be an everpresent issue at GUFC.

PS Wes sorry to see you leave the club in these circumstances, IMO its just **** luck that Kenna can play where you do. If he was a striker we all know who would be out. Best of luck wherever you go.

pixiehead
09/06/2008, 11:31 PM
I think we should treasure this cup run. I dont think we are staying up so at least it will give some positives towards the club and may not have the locals saying " Im not going to Terryland, they never win again thing"
Beggers cant be choosers and i think this is are only hope of salvaging some respect for the club players and supporters. We are this seasons Longford. Like it or not!! :(

Claret Murph
10/06/2008, 6:22 AM
We are this seasons Longford. Like it or not!! :(

Spot on pixiehead I have been thinking that myself for a good few weeks also :(:(

Terry
10/06/2008, 8:44 AM
ya, its beyond our capabilities now to get back those 5 points that we are away from safety with only half a season left even with the fact that we are starting to put some decent performances in ! Whats even the point in going up to terryland again this season? If I start saving now, and cancel my membership to the lotto, I will be able to afford a season ticket next season !

CHEER UP LADS,
COMON UNITED,
FOREVER MAROON