PDA

View Full Version : ucd game - Predictions

wws
29/08/2001, 12:04 PM
I ve gone for a 1-0 to us

they got beat by 6 last week but i reckon a 1-0 to us will account for the expected 'backlash'......... I hope!

Schumi
29/08/2001, 12:06 PM
You forget the new manager effect! I'd say a draw could be possible.

wws
29/08/2001, 12:12 PM
New Manager effect doesnt fully kick if he was down as your coach in the first place....the lines were always blurry between Moran and Doolins roles.....Moran was in cause he looked like Dave O Leary (and he could look after his young "babies") and Doolin was in cause he's 206 years old and can relate better to the elder mebers of the squad like Derek Swan for example...

speaking of new manager effect.....what about Martin Murray's quote on debut striker effect??? Read this

"The consolation for Murray was the performance of new boy Robinson, just into a three-month loan from Middlesbrough.

Murray added: “Strikers coming into a side have a habit of scoring on their debut and I was conscious of that before the game. Fair play to Ger, he didn’t let me down.” "

He doesnt expect much does he??

Schumi
29/08/2001, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by wws
New Manager effect doesn't fully kick if he was down as your coach in the first place

I know, that's why I only said a draw;)

EddieL
30/08/2001, 5:10 AM
With the students coming off the back of a 6-0 defeat and Pats brilliant going forward,but still dodgy at the back,I'm going for 3-2 to us.However,if we manage to win well ie by 2-3 goals,I'll be happy with that,so long as we have the three points! If we can just tighten up at the back we could do very well indeed.

Schumi
31/08/2001, 8:56 AM
Originally posted by Schumi
You forget the new manager effect! I'd say a draw could be possible.

My god, I was right; that has to be a first!

wws
31/08/2001, 3:06 PM
But God it was a dire game.......what was it like from the UCD viewpoint?

I suppose on the back of a 6-0 defeat it was like a great "party-time" send off for Martin Moran to get a 0-0 against us!!!!

According to a Radio 2 listner I talked to today (ok it was JC) Dave Fanning said on the radio this morning it was a great game to watch!!!!!.........God , now he is easily pleased!!!

Marc/Tallaghtsaint.dodge.....u might find that fanning quote funny given the tape we were listning to on the way back......"Is this show recorded live?"

Schumi
31/08/2001, 3:14 PM
I didn't think that it was a terrible game but neither side looked like scoring, especially not us (although how Ciaran Martyn missed that one, I'll never know) and as for that free kick in injury time :mad: .

Did you buy one of the fanzines?

wws
31/08/2001, 4:24 PM
I didn't buy a fanzine............but then again i didnt see them on sale...I was in the stand...and got there late so didnt come across the fanzines im afraid