PDA

View Full Version : Eircom League Fans Tournament

Conor H
14/05/2008, 7:23 PM
GUST are hoping to run a 7-a-side tournament for EL Clubs ONLY on Saturday June 14th in Galway.
The event is non-profit for GUST and is being run to offer all EL supporters an oppurtunity for a weekend away in the company of fellow LOI fans.
After the event GUST will hold a reception for all players in a premier Galway Bar.
The weekend promises to be one to remember and we are hopeful that Clubs will particpate especially with Clubs in Dublin playing each other before.GUFC and Sligo have also played each other twice.

With this weekend having no matches due to the mid-season break,7-10 supporters from each club should be attainable.
We cannot anounce any further details until we see how much interest there is from around the country.
If you would like to express an interest for a supporters team from your Club please pm myself or Patrick Dunne.
Alternatively contact:Ronan Coleman (087 6972823)
Conor Holland (087 2184132)

sligoman
14/05/2008, 7:42 PM
Clashes with our game Vs. Liverpool legends so I'd say you can rule us out anyway.

Sam_Heggy
14/05/2008, 7:47 PM
Looks like a good weekends craic, might see if we can get 7 sober fans willing to go :p

Patrick Dunne
14/05/2008, 10:46 PM
Thanks for your interest, Sam_Heggy.

As Conor H has said, this will be an opportunity for supporters of EL clubs to meet up and play football against each other. The spirit of this tournament will be to forge links between EL supporters, and more importantly, have a bit of craic.

The plan would be for the tournament to start around 12.00pm on Saturday 14th, and to be finished by 7.00pm. There would be a presentation ceremony and party from 9.00pm at a Galway city centre venue.

There are no fixtures that weekend, and the prospect of a night out in Galway with fellow EL fans should be appealing to most people.

We would like to ascertain interest by the weekend in order to book pitches, referees, etc. If you are interested, phone the numbers above, e-mail ronancoleman@eircom.net, or pm Conor H/Patrick Dunne.

rambler14
15/05/2008, 1:07 AM
GUST are hoping to run a 7-a-side tournament for EL Clubs ONLY on Saturday June 14th in Galway.
The event is non-profit for GUST and is being run to offer all EL supporters an oppurtunity for a weekend away in the company of fellow LOI fans.
After the event GUST will hold a reception for all players in a premier Galway Bar.
The weekend promises to be one to remember and we are hopeful that Clubs will particpate especially with Clubs in Dublin playing each other before.GUFC and Sligo have also played each other twice.

With this weekend having no matches due to the mid-season break,7-10 supporters from each club should be attainable.
We cannot anounce any further details until we see how much interest there is from around the country.
If you would like to express an interest for a supporters team from your Club please pm myself or Patrick Dunne.
Alternatively contact:Ronan Coleman (087 6972823)
Conor Holland (087 2184132)

Thanks for your interest, Sam_Heggy.

As Conor H has said, this will be an opportunity for supporters of EL clubs to meet up and play football against each other. The spirit of this tournament will be to forge links between EL supporters, and more importantly, have a bit of craic.

The plan would be for the tournament to start around 12.00pm on Saturday 14th, and to be finished by 7.00pm. There would be a presentation ceremony and party from 9.00pm at a Galway city centre venue.

There are no fixtures that weekend, and the prospect of a night out in Galway with fellow EL fans should be appealing to most people.

We would ike to ascertain interest by the weekend in order to book pitches, referees, etc. If you are interested, phone the numbers above, e-mail ronancoleman@eircom.net, or pm Conor H/Patrick Dunne.

If ye want a team up from Cobh then i'd advise ye to contact luka from the Cobh forum. He has the major power amongst us seeing as he is the webmaster for www.cobhramblers.ie and he also does the PA System so he can lure people to Galway.

Funnily enough I was just sayin it tonight to one of the fellas who i go to the matches with that we should organise some sort of outing/p*ss up:D

Magicme
15/05/2008, 11:16 AM
I would so love to be going to this and having a few Guisa cocktails but am going to the Sligo Legends-v-Liverpool Legends game with my kids and brother and his wife etc so cant get out of it!!

Dammit, could it not be another weekend? We prob wouldnt have a fans team but I would be there to cheer you all on.

Oh well.

micls
15/05/2008, 11:37 AM
If ye want a team up from Cobh then i'd advise ye to contact luka from the Cobh forum. He has the major power amongst us seeing as he is the webmaster for www.cobhramblers.ie and he also does the PA System so he can lure people to Galway.

Funnily enough I was just sayin it tonight to one of the fellas who i go to the matches with that we should organise some sort of outing/p*ss up:D

if theres a city team and a Cobh team maybe a bus could be organised between them or something

gilberto_eire
15/05/2008, 4:36 PM
No interest from Bohs or Rovers fans?... Come on ye can even go into the same group!!:D

Patrick Dunne
15/05/2008, 4:43 PM
There have been pms, e-mails and texts from supporters of other clubs.

Buller
15/05/2008, 8:08 PM
I'm finished my Leaving early enough on the 12th so I might be able to come.... 2 day recovery period enough? There is some hoops interest btw

Red&White Rover
15/05/2008, 9:16 PM
Leaving cert as well, would rule a few out from our end...

SligoBrewer
15/05/2008, 9:18 PM
Leaving cert as well, would rule a few out from our end...

Are you not going to the Legends?:confused:

Red&White Rover
17/05/2008, 5:28 PM
Are you not going to the Legends?:confused:

That too...although i don't know if i'm going yet...

kdjaC
17/05/2008, 7:41 PM
Sligo arent playing in that game are they ? I always look at games like that as not for the home teams fans but for others to go to the ground ie us vs Spurs etc.

I trying to get a pats team to head over for it, well i getting our "manager" to try get a team i just poking him with a stick to do it.

kdjac

SligoBrewer
17/05/2008, 10:12 PM
A select of Sligo Rovers Legends are playing the Liverpool Legends.

Tbh, I'm only going to the Rovers legends.
Fago.. phwoar

Sam_Heggy
17/05/2008, 11:19 PM
Just found out Donegal Rally on this weekend so doubt if we'll get the numbers required tbh. :(

LeixlipRed
17/05/2008, 11:29 PM
Just found out Donegal Rally on this weekend so doubt if we'll get the numbers required tbh. :(

Are ye all driving in it then?? :D

Red&White Rover
17/05/2008, 11:46 PM
No but they'll all think that they are anyway. ;)

Patrick Dunne
28/05/2008, 12:11 AM
We have had entries so far from supporters of the following clubs :

Athlone Town
Dundalk
Galway United
Cork City

There have been enquiries from supporters of other clubs as well. EL website extratime.ie have expressed an interest in entering a team.

The tournament will be 5-a-side, on astroturf. There can be two or more entries from any EL club or organisation. The winning team will be presented with a trophy that night, at a function in Fibber Magees, Eyre Square, Galway.

For further information, post here, send me a pm, call Ronan Coleman at (087) 6972823, or e-mail ronancoleman@eircom.net.

osarusan
28/05/2008, 3:56 AM
By posting it, I think you've guaranteed that the above email address will be filled to the brim with spam pretty soon.

RĂ©iteoir
28/05/2008, 11:09 AM
We have had entries so far from supporters of the following clubs :

Athlone Town
Dundalk
Galway United
Cork City

There have been enquiries from supporters of other clubs as well. EL website extratime.ie have expressed an interest in entering a team.

The tournament will be 5-a-side, on astroturf. There can be two or more entries from any EL club or organisation. The winning team will be presented with a trophy that night, at a function in Fibber Magees, Eyre Square, Galway.

For further information, post here, send me a pm, call Ronan Coleman at (087) 6972823, or e-mail ronancoleman@eircom.net.

Did you get my PM Patrick?

Patrick Dunne
28/05/2008, 9:16 PM
Yes, reiteoir, sorry for the belated reply !

kdjaC
31/05/2008, 7:56 PM
Confirm Pats team.

have 12 so by law of "who shows up" 2 of us heading down :D

kdjac

Patrick Dunne
31/05/2008, 8:06 PM
Excellent. It is a five-a-side tournament, so you can enter two teams if you
have 10+ players.

kdjaC
31/05/2008, 9:27 PM
Excellent. It is a five-a-side tournament, so you can enter two teams if you
have 10+ players.

thought it was 7 a side :| we bringing subs cos we old n ****.

kdjac

Patrick Dunne
09/06/2008, 12:58 PM
The tournament is going ahead this Saturday, 14th June, at Mervue United FC (1.00pm).

Any club or group interested in entering a team can pm me, or call Ronan Coleman at (087) 6972823. The closing date for entries is Thursday, 12th June.

LeixlipRed
09/06/2008, 10:51 PM
Did anyone from Shels enter a team?

Patrick Dunne
10/06/2008, 6:58 AM
Not as of today, Lexlip Red. We hope to see you on Saturday.

There will be plenty of extra players available, so if any club can only get 3/4 people coming to Galway, we can make up the full complement for them by supplementing in a few locals.

LeixlipRed
10/06/2008, 10:33 AM
I was just asking. Have no intention of going myself. Totally forgot about it tbh. Good luck with anyway.

Trainee
14/06/2008, 3:30 PM
Congrats to the Athlone Town supporters team who the inaugural Eircom League Supporters Cup

Result of final: Athlone Town 3 GUST 2

Patrick Dunne
14/06/2008, 3:52 PM
Thanks to all who helped out with the organisation of the inaugural tournament.
GUST only came up with the idea in May, so with a few more months planning
we hope to have a bigger and better competition at the same time next year.

Reigning champions Athlone Town will be back to defend their trophy.

holidaysong
14/06/2008, 6:00 PM
What clubs were represented?

Ash
14/06/2008, 7:06 PM
Thanks to all those involved with GUST for organising a great day out.
The fact we won made it a great day for Athlone Town but apart from that
our team really enjoyed the tournament.

There were 4 teams representing Galway so not sure what team names ye all
had, when we send in our Press Release to the local meeja there may be a few names made up :D

We had hoped to do a tour of town getting each pub to fill the Cup but
unfortunately the lid and body are in 1 piece!

Athlone Town scorelines
Group Stages
Athlone Town 0-2 Galway (Team 1)
Athlone Town 7-1 Galway (Team 2)

Athlone finish 2nd in the group to qualify for the knock out stages

Semi Final
Athlone Town 2-2 Galway (Team 3)
Athlone win 3-2 AET

Final

Athlone Town 3-2 Galway (Team 4)

Jeff Kenna .... Can you hear me Jeff Kenna .... Your boys took one hell of a beating ;):D

Patrick Dunne
15/06/2008, 12:13 PM
Athlone Town, St Patricks Athletic and Galway United (GUST) took part in the competition.

There were six teams in total, two groups of three, with semi-finals and a final.

LeixlipRed
15/06/2008, 1:13 PM
Galway United, St Patricks Athletic and Galway United (GUST) took part in the competition.

Athlone managed to win without taking part :D

kdjaC
15/06/2008, 5:14 PM
Our keeper got playerr of the tournament after a vote by pats fans :D :(

Good day out cept for the rain and 2 hammerings we got, other than that good day out.

kdjac

Ash
15/06/2008, 6:34 PM
Due to the unpredictable Athlone weather we had to cancel our open top bus
parade around town, but on the up side, we managed to get the lid off the
Cup so there is another victory celebration tonight :D

They're dancing in the streets of Lissywollen :D

GuisaSaigon
16/06/2008, 9:37 AM
Here's a few photos from the tournament http://s109.photobucket.com/albums/n57/guisasaigon/LOI%20Supporters%20Fives/