PDA

View Full Version : Lee Trundle

NeilMcD
13/05/2008, 8:58 PM
Could be playing in the Premiership as Doyle and Long and Morrisson play in the Championship. Great goal this evening. Can they hang on.

beautifulrock
13/05/2008, 8:59 PM
Yes playing well, and has a bit of speed as well. Scanell is a flyer, a bit light just yet but full of speed and purpose.

carloz
13/05/2008, 9:00 PM
Just scored a very good goal. Hit the crossbar in the second half too.

back of the net
13/05/2008, 9:11 PM
Could be playing in the Premiership as Doyle and Long and Morrisson play in the Championship. Great goal this evening. Can they hang on.

logged on to start this thread also - why hasnt he been called up ever not just in todays squad?

great goal - and bristol have just scored a second so morrisson , doyle and long will be playing in the championship unless their transferred to the prem

some great touches of brilliance by trundle this eve

Maroon 7
13/05/2008, 9:17 PM
Yeah the big questions about Trundle have been about his pace and workrate but no doubt that he has fantastic skill on the ball for a big lad.

back of the net
13/05/2008, 9:22 PM
Yeah the big questions about Trundle have been about his pace and workrate but no doubt that he has fantastic skill on the ball for a big lad.

yeah he can be lazy - would the prem get that out of him?
but as you say great skill - that chip near the end that hit the bar - cracker

full time - surely scannell now will be transferred to the prem as will doyle

FarBeag
13/05/2008, 9:23 PM
He was discussed on the forum a while back. From what I can recall many people on here didn’t appear to rate him. I always thought he was good footballer and could do a job for us. He has always made it clear that he wanted to play for Ireland. Has scored some great goals for Swansea in the past as well and has some skill.I think he would be in his late twenties now.

boovidge
13/05/2008, 9:27 PM
he has only scored 6 goals this season. One performance in an important game doesnt warrant a call up imo.

I wouldnt be against him being included in the future if his performaces merit it.

FarBeag
13/05/2008, 9:42 PM
he has only scored 6 goals this season. One performance in an important game doesnt warrant a call up imo.

I wouldnt be against him being included in the future if his performaces merit it.

I think he was injured for a lot of the season though.

SkStu
13/05/2008, 9:50 PM
ive always been a fan of Trundle - simply put hes a special player. He may be a luxury player though, which has never worked well in international football. Would love to see him capped if only because of what he can do and the fact that he has always wanted to play for Ireland, unlike Baldy McDeadgranny.

geysir
13/05/2008, 10:11 PM
First time I have seen him. He looks the part all right.
Trap likes lazy laid back skillful players, you never know.

Patrick Dunne
13/05/2008, 10:18 PM
He'll be 32 in October.

theworm2345
13/05/2008, 10:38 PM
He'll be 32 in October.
So he should be excluded because of that? If he can do the job he should be included. He hasn't scored very many this season and I doubt if Bristol City make it they will hold on to him. If they do then he deserves a look

Jicked
14/05/2008, 7:56 AM
Would be a terrible addition to the squad, 6 goals all season but because some of you saw him "on the sky" as Stan does, he's suddenly worth a call up at 32 years of age? The Bristol fans are none too impressed with him this year, and there's a reason why despite a good goal record in League Two/One he was never bought by any big team....remember Bristol City were newly promoted and so still a League One side in many respects when they bought Trundle. Even if Bristol City go up its very unlikely that Trundle will be playing in the Prem regularly.

Dr. Ogba
14/05/2008, 7:56 AM
how did I know there would be a thread on this guy this morning. I must say that barring the goal (which the keeper should have saved) and the effort against the bar, I think he was fairly anonymous for most of the match.

He also has a very annoying (especially to his teammates) tendency to take far too much out of the ball when keeping it simple would be the better option.

I think he'd be eaten alive in the prem imho...

Greenforever
14/05/2008, 7:57 AM
He's a donkey, like a striker version of Kilbane. I don't know if he's really what we want and if there's one player who I really think would wind Trap up the wrong way it'd be Trundle.

Aside from that Clint and Doyle at the very least are far, far superior players. And I'd bet my house on not only Doyle getting a move but Bristol City being comfortably relegated if they make it.

I hope Lee doesnt read your post calling him a donkey, he may end up with SI not wanting to play as hes being bullied and called names:rolleyes:

kingofkillteely
14/05/2008, 8:32 AM
Seen him play many times. Sky labelled him a Maverick player, Outstanding or Terrible. A definate luxury but would be a better option than Morrison or Long.

FarBeag
14/05/2008, 8:51 AM
He's a donkey, like a striker version of Kilbane. I don't know if he's really what we want and if there's one player who I really think would wind Trap up the wrong way it'd be Trundle.

Aside from that Clint and Doyle at the very least are far, far superior players. And I'd bet my house on not only Doyle getting a move but Bristol City being comfortably relegated if they make it.

Double standards there mate. You call people 'notorious tools' for having a view on SI and you come out with the statement above. In fact you offend two players in one sentence. You also have a habit of posting negative comments on players you never even seen play. For one you thought Damian Delaney played for Cork City and slagged off every player in the championship with the potential to play for Ireland without knowing anything about them. You may have a house at the age of 19 yrs and fair play to you but you have a lot of growing up to do. You have to accept that other people have an opinion and are entitled to this and if you don’t like their view ,argue it constructively and then you may be taken more seriously.

abbeyvale
14/05/2008, 8:54 AM
Seen him play many times. Sky labelled him a Maverick player, Outstanding or Terrible. A definate luxury but would be a better option than Morrison or Long.

Hasnt done much to merit a call up, but then again Connolly is in the squad.....

Greenforever
14/05/2008, 9:01 AM
Double standards there mate. You call people 'notorious tools' for having a view on SI and you come out with the statement above. In fact you offend two players in one sentence. You also have a habit of posting negative comments on players you never even seen play. For one you thought Damian Delaney played for Cork City and slagged off every player in the championship with the potential to play for Ireland without knowing anything about them. You may have a house at the age of 19 yrs and fair play to you but you have a lot of growing up to do. You have to accept that other people have an opinion and are entitled to this and if you don’t like their view ,argue it constructively and then you may be taken more seriously.

Could be worse, you could have Ciaran for a next door neighbour

youngirish
14/05/2008, 9:21 AM
Trundle is w**k. He's struggled in the Championship this season and won't have a prayer in the Premiership. I would never be of the opinion that just because a player plays in the Premiership he should be looked at in an International squad. There are plenty of terrible players in the Premiership - Ian Harte, Kevin Kilbane and John O'****e immediately spring to mind.

If you are playing well in the Premiership then I think you should be looked at but believe me we won't face this dilemma with Trundle.

League 1 quality written all over him. Fat waster.

boovidge
14/05/2008, 9:34 AM
John O'Shea and Kevin Kilbane are not terrible players :rolleyes:

youngirish
14/05/2008, 9:43 AM
John O'Shea and Kevin Kilbane are not terrible players :rolleyes:

Ha ha. Good one you joker you.

NeilMcD
14/05/2008, 9:45 AM
I think that Trundle can do things that other players can only dream about but he needs to be given time and space to do that. Against top teams he would not get that chance so I doubt that he would be any where near the level that is required.

lim abroad
14/05/2008, 11:32 AM
For one you thought Damian Delaney played for Cork City

In fairness to him Damien Delaney did play for city albeit on their youth team

neutrino
14/05/2008, 11:37 AM
Trundle is excellent on the ball and is a skillful player but quite simply he's not up to the standard.

He chips in with a spectacular effort every once in a while but he's totally unnoticeable in alot of games he has played. The fact he's started circa 21 games and scored 5 goals at championship level is not great. His workrate is also highly questionable.

Yes alot of players of questionable calibre have been called up but unfortunately Trundle is 32 and not 22. He should have been given a go in a B International. I dont think there's any benefit in calling the lad up now at his age.

If Bristol get promoted I'd expect Trundle to feature off the bench as an impact sub or he could even be sold to another championship side.

eirebhoy
14/05/2008, 12:04 PM
Trundle is w**k. He's struggled in the Championship this season and won't have a prayer in the Premiership. I would never be of the opinion that just because a player plays in the Premiership he should be looked at in an International squad. There are plenty of terrible players in the Premiership - Ian Harte, Kevin Kilbane and John O'****e immediately spring to mind.

If you are playing well in the Premiership then I think you should be looked at but believe me we won't face this dilemma with Trundle.

League 1 quality written all over him. Fat waster.
Anger management for you.

livehead1
14/05/2008, 12:12 PM
There's always a post on here to make ya chuckle; and another beauty from youngirish, calling Kilbane useless. Do you know anything about football? He may not be the most technically gifted, and I have stated before that him having nearly 90 caps tell's us where we are. Your comments however do not stand up to reasoning. He's performed at a good level for many many years and has been a terrific servant for us, in a time when we are finding to our detriment, that others are unwilling to serve their country. Give him the respect he deserves.

Razors left peg
14/05/2008, 12:20 PM

Hes probably the total opposite of Kevin Kilbane really. Kilbane is a total work horse that would run through walls for his team but doesnt have huge technical ability, Trundle strolls around for 90 minutes popping up every now and then with good skill, he has got excellent talent but he could have done with even half of Kilbane attitide in his career

bellavistaman
14/05/2008, 12:21 PM
Hes probably the total opposite of Kevin Kilbane really. Kilbane is a total work horse that would run through walls for his team but doesnt have huge technical ability, Trundle strolls around for 90 minutes popping up every now and then with good skill, he has got excellent talent but he could have done with even half of Kilbane attitide in his career

agree the worst possible comparison for trundle is kilbane.

Noelys Guitar
14/05/2008, 12:32 PM
If Bristol City get into the Premiership then lets see how Trundle gets on. I like the fact that Trap has stated he wil be watching how players do in the first few Premiership games of 08/09. If they impress they hewill call them up. Maybe Trundle will find another gear.

Shedender81
14/05/2008, 12:52 PM
Trundle = NO

bellavistaman
14/05/2008, 12:55 PM
Trundle = NO

prefer him to Keogh, Folan, Long and the likes.

FarBeag
14/05/2008, 12:56 PM
In fairness to him Damien Delaney did play for city albeit on their youth team

Yeah, I know this but Ciaran still thought he played for them!

FarBeag
14/05/2008, 12:58 PM
Insulting someone for what they do on the pitch is fair game and always will be. I'd never stoop to personal off the pitch insults. That's entirely different.

So you think its fully acceptable to call me who you dont know anything about 'a nutorious tool'?

youngirish
14/05/2008, 1:10 PM
There's always a post on here to make ya chuckle; and another beauty from youngirish, calling Kilbane useless. Do you know anything about football? He may not be the most technically gifted, and I have stated before that him having nearly 90 caps tell's us where we are. Your comments however do not stand up to reasoning. He's performed at a good level for many many years and has been a terrific servant for us, in a time when we are finding to our detriment, that others are unwilling to serve their country. Give him the respect he deserves.

He's a trier but a poor player livehead. I respect him for giving his all for Ireland but that doesn't make him a good player. The fact he has 90 odd caps says more about the state of Irish football in the last 6 years or so than anything positive about his ability.

At least you didn't disagree with me regarding John O'Shea or Ian Harte. If you did so I'd have had a chuckle myself.

Trundle is pants anyway. Big fat pants.

youngirish
14/05/2008, 1:12 PM
So you think its fully acceptable to call me who you dont know anything about 'a nutorious tool'?

In fairness you were asking for it.

Scooby Doo
14/05/2008, 1:35 PM
the man has more passion to play for ireland than alot of the players in the current set up. what is the harm in giving him a shot in a friendly game. i really hope he makes it because he has exceptional skill, even tho he can be a lazy b****x at times! he was a legend for swansea and his performance in the FA trophy final was superb. check this out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAk5VqVrEk4

zidane would be proud of some of this play! it can be argued that all of his decent performances were against league 1, championship teams - well ireland play some pretty lowly teams at times so why not have some1 like trundle available to weave a bit of magic against them! like seriously, would it be much of a loss if trundle took say alex bruce's place in the squad??!

Kingdom
14/05/2008, 1:48 PM
Some of these posts are making me wonder is it worth keeping up with the Ireland forum at all.

Greenforever
14/05/2008, 2:10 PM
Insulting someone for what they do on the pitch is fair game and always will be. I'd never stoop to personal off the pitch insults. That's entirely different.

Insulting someone is not fair game in any language.

Criticising thier performances is perfectly acceptable.

Evaluating thier abilities is perfectly accpetable.

FarBeag
14/05/2008, 4:02 PM
In fairness you were asking for it.

Really. Don't know what its got to do with you mate? Seen that you have jumped on the Ciaran bandwagon I would like you to point out where I asked for it? Anyway judging by most of your self opinionated posts and your like of belittling people, you two are probably joined at the hip. So I wouldn't expect anything more from you.

tricky_colour
14/05/2008, 7:02 PM

I expect it is more accurate to say he has a mortgage at 19 yrs, not a house, there is a subtle difference. ;)

FarBeag
14/05/2008, 7:15 PM
I expect it is more accurate to say he has a mortgage at 19 yrs, not a house, there is a subtle difference. ;)

Well if he claims to want to bet his house on something, who am I to argue that he does not own it outright? Ireland has lots of rich spoilt kids nowadays. Probably a little present from Daddy.:)

ruben_sosa
15/05/2008, 10:38 AM
I like the fact that Trap has stated he wil be watching how players do in the first few Premiership games of 08/09.

...he'll watch them on Match of the Day before he heads out to the Opera with his missus.

Drumcondra 69er
09/01/2009, 1:34 PM
Trundle gone to Leeds on loan, back to League 1.

Always liked him and would've liked to have seen a call up a few years back but too late for him now. Didn't really get much of a chance to cut it in the Championship, probably found his level again now.

http://www.leedsunited.com/page/LatestNewsDetail/0,,10273~1514256,00.html

boovidge
09/01/2009, 3:30 PM
yep, never good enough for Ireland really. Shame as he had way more passion for the jersey than some of our current squad but if that was the requirement for getting picked then we'd all be Ireland internationals.