PDA

View Full Version : Stephen McPhail

drummerboy
13/05/2008, 7:54 AM
Just heard a radio interview with Stephen McPhail on RTE. Didn't realise he will be leading out Cardiff in the FA Cup Final on Saturday next. Hope they win it. Always felt a move to the continent would have been the perfect move for McPhail, who is a very cultured footballer, probably not best suited to the hurly burly of the Premiership. I wonder if Mr Trap will be keeping an eye on his performances. Probably too late now for Stephen

Seagull-4-life
13/05/2008, 8:17 AM
It'd be nice to see him lift the FA cup

CJTheGull
13/05/2008, 9:00 AM
Yeah with Robbie Keane having lifted the League Cup at Wembley already it would be nice to see another Irish man lifting a piece of silverware again. He always was a good player and was one of those a few years ago that everyone was hyping up big time but like so many of the others he faded from most people's radar in the last few years. Don't think there is anyone Irish (?) with Portsmouth so I'll be shouting for the Bluebirds on Saturday.

NeilMcD
13/05/2008, 9:05 AM
Keane's best man I think also. I think Mc Phail is in the 40 man squad so he may make the 28 today

rambler14
13/05/2008, 5:37 PM
Great player. It's about time he was recalled

Sliogán Dóite
13/05/2008, 5:39 PM
Three Irish captains lifting trophies at Wembley in a season would surely be a record?
Keith Andrews (MK Dons) - Football League Trophy
Robbie Keane (Spurs) - League Cup
Stephen McPhail (Cardiff) - FA Cup

rambler14
13/05/2008, 5:45 PM
Three Irish captains lifting trophies at Wembley in a season would surely be a record?
Keith Andrews (MK Dons) - Football League Trophy
Robbie Keane (Spurs) - League Cup
Stephen McPhail (Cardiff) - FA Cup

Paul McCarthy (Ebbsfleet Town)-FA Trophy
Jonathan Douglas (Leeds)- League 1 play-off

Sliogán Dóite
13/05/2008, 6:21 PM
Douglas isn't the captain anymore afaik.

rambler14
13/05/2008, 8:55 PM
Douglas isn't the captain anymore afaik.

He is.

SÓC
13/05/2008, 8:57 PM
He's been fantastic for Cardiff this season but still the target of boo-boys sometimes because he can get hussled at times.

Agree that he'd be very well suited to a league with a bit more time on the ball

EastTerracer
14/05/2008, 2:51 AM
Good to see him picked in the squad of 28 today. He is one of those players who may well be better suited to International football than English league football as he does need a bit more time and space on the ball. A great eye for a pass - reminds me a bit of John Sheridan who, despite a lack of pace, was underutilised by Ireland over the years (USA 94 excluded).