PDA

View Full Version : Rockmount

Seagull-4-life
13/05/2008, 7:27 AM
Where in the name of jipeto are they from?
I have a feeling its dublin but im not sure (or cork 4 some reason)

Seagull-4-life
13/05/2008, 7:49 AM
its grand just looked on the website there its cork

BrayUnknowns
13/05/2008, 9:02 AM
We played them in 1990 when we won the cup.... lets hope history repeats itself. I think the match could be well played in Turners Cross

razor
13/05/2008, 9:08 AM
I've a feeling they may bring ye out to Whitechurch as Douglas Hall may well get the Cross for the game with the Drogs.
Clifford is the Rockmount rep on foot.ie.

Bray Head
13/05/2008, 9:19 AM
I've a feeling they may bring ye out to Whitechurch as Douglas Hall may well get the Cross for the game with the Drogs.
Clifford is the Rockmount rep on foot.ie.

I'd imagine both games would be in Turners Cross as both visiting teams are premier division. One on a Friday night and the other on Sunday afternoon.

Clifford
13/05/2008, 10:01 AM
We didnt move the game against Mons a few years ago when we beat em 2-0 so I don't imagine we'll move it this time either. Maybe the rules have changed since, but our set up should cope just fine.

When are these games to be played? You might catch us in top form after winning the FAI Intermediate cup final last Sunday and attempting to go unbeaten through our second full season in the MSL or you'll get us out of season with lots on holidays. Either way it'll be a tough game for you.

BrayUnknowns
13/05/2008, 11:17 AM
We didnt move the game against Mons a few years ago when we beat em 2-0 so I don't imagine we'll move it this time either. Maybe the rules have changed since, but our set up should cope just fine.

When are these games to be played? You might catch us in top form after winning the FAI Intermediate cup final last Sunday and attempting to go unbeaten through our second full season in the MSL or you'll get us out of season with lots on holidays. Either way it'll be a tough game for you.

I'd imagine it will be a tough game, as will every game we play this season. The last non-League team we played we beat 70 but that will not happen this time; I'd expect it to be a very tight game, maybe a draw

superfrank
13/05/2008, 11:55 AM
We played them in 2005, iirc. Wesley Charles got the winner at Turner's Cross or was that a different team?

micls
13/05/2008, 12:37 PM
We're playing Rockmount Thursday in the Munster senior cup semi....

Although they'l probably have been on the **** for the week after winning the intermediate title so might not be a fair reflection

BrayUnknowns
13/05/2008, 2:10 PM
We played them in 2005, iirc. Wesley Charles got the winner at Turner's Cross or was that a different team?

Totally different team... that was Avondale is i'm not mistaken?

Clifford
13/05/2008, 2:45 PM
I'd imagine it will be a tough game, as will every game we play this season. The last non-League team we played we beat 70 but that will not happen this time; I'd expect it to be a very tight game, maybe a draw

As I said it depends when yee catch us. I see it's the weekend of June 8th so we should just be finishing our season.

I'm amazed i didn't hear about yee beating someone by 70, but we'll do our best not to lose by that many. We'll try to keep it below 10. :p

BrayUnknowns
13/05/2008, 3:50 PM
I'm amazed i didn't hear about yee beating someone by 70, but we'll do our best not to lose by that many. We'll try to keep it below 10. :p

Did ya not? It was all over the news :D

Grasshopper 99
13/05/2008, 4:06 PM
Ah wayside bet them in some cup this year already and they could be getting relagated from there league.:D

centre mid
13/05/2008, 8:27 PM
No, Rockmount beat Wayside in the Intermediate Cup semi (went to replay) they are a decent side. Should give us a few problems although they will probably be 3-4 weeks without a competitive game under their belts but potential banana skin nonetheless.

Hopefully Eddie wont underestimate them and play a weakend side. The Cup could be a genuine source of a trophy this year.

Clifford
13/05/2008, 10:19 PM
Correct centre mid, we beat them. I think we'll be finished as you say, but a few years back we got to the quarter finals and took a high flying Waterford united (at the time) to a replay after being raped in the first game with 2 goals chalked off in a 2-2 draw.

We'll have a rattle anyway, make no mistake about that.

centre mid
13/05/2008, 10:51 PM
Pat Oldham still knocking about Clifford? class player in his day.

superfrank
13/05/2008, 10:57 PM
Totally different team... that was Avondale is i'm not mistaken?
Ah right you are.

Clifford
14/05/2008, 9:40 AM
Pat Oldham still knocking about Clifford? class player in his day.

Yes indeed he is. Outstanding again in the final last Sunday, Mr Consistancy will never be anything but class in my book. It comes so easily to him.

Long may he continue.

Bray Wanderers Supporters Club
21/05/2008, 8:19 AM
Game has been confirmed for Sunday 8th June at 2.00pm in Rockmount's home ground.

Bray Wanderers Supporters Club
21/05/2008, 8:20 AM

Where about in Cork is Rockmount's ground ?

razor
21/05/2008, 2:29 PM
Travel out the new Mallow Road and at McDonalds take a right up Fitz Boreen and at the top take a left onto the Old Mallow Road, follow this road for about a mile over the bridge and you will then come for the turning for Whitechurch on the right take this road straight out for around 4 miles you will then come to a garage on your left as you go past this take a right heading for the Church, and the pitch is about 100 yards past the church.

bellavistaman
21/05/2008, 5:17 PM
I'll go watch that. Keanos gonna get ya!!! hes class, Willie Byrne another rams legend, tough draw i have to say

dublinwanderer
25/05/2008, 5:19 PM
what facilities have rockmount got? stands, terrace, grass bank even? or have they even got a fence around the pitch? will there be hot food or anything available in the ground? also is there any decent pubs in the area? we're leaving at 8 on the sunday morning should be down there by 1.30...

razor
30/05/2008, 8:53 AM
what facilities have rockmount got? stands, terrace, grass bank even? or have they even got a fence around the pitch? will there be hot food or anything available in the ground? also is there any decent pubs in the area? we're leaving at 8 on the sunday morning should be down there by 1.30...
Theres not much out there, used to be a club bar one time but I don't think thats open anymore, Whitechurch has a few bars I think and a garage.
Might be worth heading for dinner in The Commons Inn on the new Mallow Road before heading out to Whitechurch.

bray boy
01/06/2008, 12:08 AM
is there even a stand at this place or is it just a pitch?

razor
03/06/2008, 8:55 AM
is there even a stand at this place or is it just a pitch?Just the pitch

dublinwanderer
03/06/2008, 5:03 PM
So whos going down to rockmount on sunday??? bus leaves at 8am

bray boy
04/06/2008, 11:06 AM
ill be going.....

Eoingull
05/06/2008, 12:39 PM
Man, that's an early start...I think I'll sleep most of the way. Does anyone know what direction the bus leaves Bray? Will there be a pick-up in Shankill, etc? If not, I'm going to have to get up at about 6am!!!

naoise kennedy
05/06/2008, 6:50 PM
looks like ger rowe and paul dunphy are out for match,,, whats the chance franco and emeka start up front

notever
06/06/2008, 1:52 PM
there will be six missing including Ger Rowe while Dunphy is a doubt.

Clifford
08/06/2008, 10:34 AM
Come on Mount!!

Best of luck lads in coming down, hope we give it a go today.

Seagull-4-life
10/06/2008, 11:52 AM
How did alan cawley get man of the match?

thedoyler
10/06/2008, 1:30 PM
How did alan cawley get man of the match?

God knows how, although he did play a lot better than he has been, he's extremely talented and we owe him a for last season but i think complacency has entered his play over the last few weeks so hopefully he can iron this out, good solid win, i fancy us this year, as a united fan also, 99 european cup 99 fai, 08 european cup 08 fai cup, sounds like fate no :D.

Clifford
10/06/2008, 4:01 PM
Well done the other day, we needed to be full strength to have any chance and were'nt. Gave a good account first half, tired second with a lot of our second string coming in. I didn't know some of the lads who came on.

Thought Cawley did well, but not man of the match, 6 or 7 were probably the two for me that stood out. Also the left back Lucy Pinders cousin! :D

The centre halves never got tested, would like to have seen us with our normal strikers having a go at them.

For us Ross O callghan destroyed you lot in the air from every single kick out and Ken Hoey at the back showed he's comfortable at that level. Your striker didn't get a look in and got whipped off sharpish, Meka looked much more lively.

bray boy
10/06/2008, 4:59 PM
all i can say is....na fánaithe .....bringing sexy back :cool:

razor
11/06/2008, 8:21 AM
all i can say is....na fánaithe .....bringing sexy back :cool:I can honestly say it was the first time I have ever seen anyone topless in Rockmount Park before.
There was one or two that shouldn't have bothered :D