PDA

View Full Version : Mns - 12.05.08

Pages : [1] 2

A face
12/05/2008, 5:52 PM
Giovanni Trapattoni doing the draw tonight as well

The third-round draw for the FAI Cup takes place tonight and will be live on MNS with the new Republic of Ireland management team conducting the draw. 22 eircom League clubs will be joined in the hat by ten non-league sides, who secured first round victories.

Cork City won the trophy last year, beating Longford Town in the RDS with a Denis Behan strike. Giovanni Trapattoni and his assistant Marco Tardelli will draw the teams at approximately 8.20pm. MNS is live on RTÉ Two and RTÉ.ie (WW) at 8pm.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/mns/

mns@rte.ie

thischarmingman
12/05/2008, 6:02 PM
Ah the FAI Cup...the hopes, the fears, the dreams, the thrills, the upsets, the inevitable St. Pats collapse.

sligoman
12/05/2008, 6:08 PM
Rovers cup win in 83 is being shown on tonight's show too.

Candystripe
12/05/2008, 6:51 PM
Can you get it live online?

A face
12/05/2008, 6:53 PM

Dont think so for streaming, radio stream you would alright, dunno the link though.

micls
12/05/2008, 6:56 PM

yeah. http://www.rte.ie/live/

Candystripe
12/05/2008, 7:00 PM
Thanks, i was at that page, I hit refresh and got it then.

Aaron
12/05/2008, 7:01 PM
Look at Roddy Collins shoes:D:D

Aaron
12/05/2008, 7:06 PM
Declan Hanney is a disgrace. First he books McKenzie of Sligo for a tackle when he hardly touched him, then makes Sligo change from Red to White shorts because it clashes with Corks green:confused::rolleyes:Then he sent McKenzie off when it was a clear peno. Idiot:rolleyes:

NavanBohs
12/05/2008, 7:08 PM
"well thats a real joke I think, if I can say that word on TV..." :confused:

Tir Oilean
12/05/2008, 7:09 PM
Why do the referees get away with such blatent mistakes. Tis fcukin ridiculous. Paul Cook done really well to hold his tongue.

Aaron

I know:D:D

Dunny

Was just thinking that myself...:confused::D

balls
his shoes are terrible, shirt and jeans aint great either.

SeanDrog
12/05/2008, 7:11 PM
Look at Roddy Collins shoes:D:D

:D just saw them - classic

The Sligo sending off and Cork disallowed goal were simply a joke - will we see refs being sanctioned - I think not!

Wait for the Bray match for more proof of their ability

BrayUnknowns
12/05/2008, 7:15 PM
Declan Hanney is a disgrace.

Oh wait until you see the Bray vs. Drogheda match.....

micls
12/05/2008, 7:16 PM
Highlights a bit rushed tonight because of the draw. Really should have shown the penalty decision and the Derry goal again

Boo_Boy
12/05/2008, 7:17 PM
another shams player on 60?:confused:

micls
Murphy knows how to work the Rovers crowd anyway.....Bohs or relegation? Relegation :D

Réiteoir
Cringe

Aaron
12/05/2008, 7:20 PM
Cringe

At 60?

I cant stop laughing at Roddy Collins, with the combed back hair, dodgy shirt and jeans, and THOSE shoes:D:D

Réiteoir
12/05/2008, 7:43 PM
that's a fairly horrendous decision there

micls
12/05/2008, 7:44 PM
that's a fairly horrendous decision there

To say the least :eek:

SeanDrog
12/05/2008, 7:45 PM
will the comments of thepanel and the visual evidence change anything?

Boo_Boy
12/05/2008, 7:46 PM
well done to roddy for saying that, it seems that all the other guests dont have the balls to say the refs are a discrace on tv.

and why is con murphy trying to defend them?:confused:

superfrank
12/05/2008, 7:47 PM
Doubt it. They can't ban Foran because it's not in the ref's report. And there's no way in hell we will have the three points taken off us.

BrayUnknowns
12/05/2008, 7:47 PM

Will the comments a few weeks ago and the visual evidence against Bohemians shockingly bad penalty against us change when we were 1 up and coasting? highly doubt it...

superfrank
12/05/2008, 7:48 PM
Will the comments a few weeks ago and the visual evidence against Bohemians shockingly bad penalty against us change when we were 1 up and coasting? highly doubt it...
If Foran had been sent off, he'd have been banned for two games. That would definitely effect us in the next few games, not just the one game like the Bohs decision effected us.

SeanDrog
12/05/2008, 7:49 PM

I dont mean the result I mean the refs performance etc going forward

micls
12/05/2008, 7:50 PM
They showed the first division fixtures :)

Boo_Boy
12/05/2008, 7:56 PM
anyone know what side roddys on?

he seems to feel up the leg of the guest sitting beside him every week:D

i've got all the episodes saved on Sky+ so i might put a little compilation on youtube at the end of the season!

Réiteoir
12/05/2008, 7:56 PM

afaik the whole system is being overhauled down to the grassroots level with this new UEFA Referees Development Plan.

Changes are afoot

Fivesilver
12/05/2008, 8:02 PM
why is con murphy trying to defend them?:confused:

That's pretty much Murphy's job. When everyone is laying into the refs (with good reason), he's basically doing surrogate for the refs, so they can't say their side wasn't represented. I think he's a good presenter compared to most of them in RTE.

Sniffer
12/05/2008, 8:04 PM
Primarily to strips, it seems.

Sheridan
12/05/2008, 8:05 PM
Wonder/Blunder-Midget Murphy was good on 60.

Still very little football on the show, especially with the shambolic draw/English lesson this week. If you watch the extended interview on rte.ie, Cook did deal extensively with the referee. Obviously they charitably edited that bit out!

Have to wonder how long McDonnell can stay in a job if he pronounces himself happy with seeing his expensive side keep a clean sheet in a goalless draw against UC friggin' D.

rambler14
12/05/2008, 8:09 PM
Roddy's shoes looked like something Bertie Bassett would wear:D

Referee's the major talking point.......again. Declan Hanney in the Cork game was an absolute disgrace. McKensie should never even got a yellow card never mind a red. Blatant Penalty...........Behan did nothing wrong and the incident with Turner was a joke.

Paul Tuite was useless too. It was probably the most blatant penalty that I had ever seen.

Sixty has become a joke. The teams ar becoming the same and the questions are becoming more stupid than they ever were.

Buile Shuibhne
12/05/2008, 8:14 PM
In England if a referee makes a major error(s) in a match, he's immediately dropped for the following weekend's fixtures and it's very much made public.

Here, sometimes a referee might go quietly missing, but we never know for sure?
Referees are assessed, appointed and sanctioned - if at all - in a shroud of secrecy.

thischarmingman
12/05/2008, 8:14 PM
That was a good show this week, despite the fact they must have had time issues. Couple of (completely unrelated) things I noticed:

I know it's all down to time constraints but it would be nice of they probed the managers a little more so so they were forced to say more than just 'the lads know they should have done better,' 'we're happy with the win.' I'd like to know, for example, Kenny's thoughts on the crisis we're having in front of goal and what he's going to do to change it, Kenna's on the standard of the league, and Henderson on 'that' save.

The Cup draw was well done. My first thought when Trappatoni was constantly fired questions was 'get on with it!' but actually it was nice having a real sense of occasion to the draw. 3rd round draws are part of the magic of football and I actually felt some of that from the programme tonight. I know it was a little cringeworthy but I gather Trap is a bit stubborn in that he prefers to do away with the translator as often as possible.

I can't possibly believe Con Murphy gets criticised by anyone here, the man is the exact presenter we needed for EL football. He has the knowledge of the league and the game, but critically, he has a sense of humour and just the right amount of knowingness. It's not the slick, Sky TV Premiership he's presenting: it's the EL, and while it's steadily improving in all aspects, it's still a mad old league where every so often there's an amateur moment or two. What we don't need is someone trying to ignore them when they happen. His 'slightly forced cheer' comment after the Cup draw was only a throwaway remark but encapsulated why he's such an excellent presenter and perfect for the programme.

Also, Roddy Collins in sense shocker! :eek: Refereeing comments absolutely spot on; thanfully his United Park comments came just in time to stop me adjusting my set.

Murphy's job is to stimulate debate on the panel, not to agree with them.

Oh, and does anyone else think there's something ever so slightly camp about Stephen Henderson?

Boo_Boy
12/05/2008, 8:16 PM
And why wasnt the Rovers 83' Cup win shown?

thischarmingman
12/05/2008, 8:16 PM
Have to wonder how long McDonnell can stay in a job if he pronounces himself happy with seeing his expensive side keep a clean sheet in a goalless draw against UC friggin' D.

Surely he's earned the right to the odd draw against a decent side after the start he's had? :confused:

DmanDmythDledge
12/05/2008, 8:18 PM
I know it's all down to time constraints but it would be nice of they probed the managers a little more so so they were forced to say more than just 'the lads know they should have done better,' 'we're happy with the win.' I'd like to know, for example, Kenny's thoughts on the crisis we're having in front of goal and what he's going to do to change it, Kenna's on the standard of the league, and Henderson on 'that' save.
The manager interviews are edited- there's a couple of minutes left out. You can view the full version of interviews on the MNS site.

thischarmingman
12/05/2008, 8:19 PM
The manager interviews are edited- there's a couple of minutes left out. You can view the full version of interviews on the MNS site.

Ok, I take that back then, though it would be nice to hear some of the choicest moments on the show. Cheers.

HarpoJoyce
12/05/2008, 8:25 PM
well done to roddy for saying that, it seems that all the other guests dont have the balls to say the refs are a discrace on tv.

anyone know what side roddys on?

he seems to feel up the leg of the guest sitting beside him every week:D

i've got all the episodes saved on Sky+ so i might put a little compilation on youtube at the end of the season!

That's all very negative Boo Boy.

Martinho II
12/05/2008, 8:27 PM

did I hear right that roddy collins is tippin rovers for the fai cup ??? are they worth an each way bet???

TonyD
12/05/2008, 8:36 PM
Ah the FAI Cup...the hopes, the fears, the dreams, the thrills, the upsets, the inevitable St. Pats collapse.

Bastid. :( (It only hurts cos it's true)

Boo_Boy
12/05/2008, 8:49 PM
did I hear right that roddy collins is tippin rovers for the fai cup ??? are they worth an each way bet???

Boo_Boy
12/05/2008, 8:50 PM
That's all very negative Boo Boy.

i feeling rather negative tonight...

but you must admit you'd watch the youtube video!:p

Schumi
12/05/2008, 10:08 PM
"What's your favourite humming noise?" Brilliant. :D

Poor Student
12/05/2008, 10:27 PM
Am I the only one who feels criticising the referees is the easy part for any pundit but they're not offering any solutions? "Something needs to be done" is uttered time and time again, Roddy grunted it as if something could be done to fix it between now and next week. What could actually be done to prevent something like the missed handball? The referee either saw it or he didn't, horrendus as the mistake was.

A face
12/05/2008, 10:28 PM
afaik the whole system is being overhauled down to the grassroots level with this new UEFA Referees Development Plan.

Changes are afoot

How long will it take? they are getting away with it because people have given up knowing they'll get no where. they are dragging the league back into the 80s at an alarming rate. Its ombudsmen we should have at this stage not accessors.