PDA

View Full Version : Danny O’Leary sign's from the Mons

Estar
31/07/2003, 9:09 AM
Danny returns home

Kildare County acted quickly and signed former player Danny O’Leary from Monaghan United to replace the departing Wayne Russell. Danny who played for Kildare County last Year and is fondly remembered for his penalty save in Cobh last year which started our run in Division One

Danny was delighted at the prospect of rejoining Kildare County when contacted on Wednesday “Although I enjoyed myself in Monaghan I jumped at the opportunity of joining Kildare County. I spent a very enjoyable period at County last year and I enjoyed both the players and supporters. Gavin Dykes has kept me fully updated on County’s progress and I am delighted to be renewing acquaintances with the players”

Danny has been registered in time for Friday’s game against Athlone Town and goes directly into the first team squad. The only sour note is that having helped Monaghan against Skerries Town last week in the FAI Cup he will not be available to assist County in Round Three.

Countyman
31/07/2003, 12:02 PM
Danny is an excellent goalkeeper who seems really keen to play for us.

I wont forget his heroic display in Cobh last year that won us our first ever league point.

I dont think we will miss Russell too much.

Did Danny get Monaghan player of the year last year?

Estar
31/07/2003, 12:15 PM
Danny is a good player, he did well against us at Station road this year. He had no chance with the penalty. Mc Nevin is one of the best penalty takers I've seen.

Don't know about player of the year, he has played for Sligo.

Best of luck Danny with your debut against De Town, clean sheet would be nice.

We will miss Wayne he was a class act.

TheRealRovers
01/08/2003, 7:06 PM
he has played for Sligo
He played for us for a while he was a good kepper for us. Can't wait till he is back in The Showgrounds again with his back to The Shed

Éanna
02/08/2003, 2:07 PM
Originally posted by Estar
We will miss Wayne he was a class act.
he's a dirty diving l@nger :mad: