PDA

View Full Version : Games against clubs from Portugal?

bwagner
12/05/2008, 11:43 AM
Lads a mate of mine said the our boys are due to play 2 games against some lower league teams. Is this true?

Greenforever
12/05/2008, 12:59 PM
Lads a mate of mine said the our boys are due to play 2 games against some lower league teams. Is this true?

Yes, probably behind closed doors, it's normal for a training trip like this

bwagner
12/05/2008, 2:46 PM
Just found out guys..Sunday against lagos and Monday against portimoa

LFC Blue
12/05/2008, 6:54 PM
Any idea of times and venues for these games lads as i'l be in Praia Da Rocha next week??

Greenforever
12/05/2008, 11:33 PM
Any idea of times and venues for these games lads as i'l be in Praia Da Rocha next week??

99% certain they are being played behind closed doors, no spectators admitted

Finlay Harp
13/05/2008, 10:04 AM
The team are staying in Barringtons near Vilamoura which is about 20 miles from Praia da Rocha. Portimao and Lagos are very close to where you are staying. Portimao are a 2nd division team in Portugal and Lagos a regional one. I am in Portugal at the minute and the weather is crap!

Paulie
13/05/2008, 12:37 PM
99% certain they are being played behind closed doors, no spectators admitted

I was reading in a newspaper over the last few days, can't remember which one, that the games will be open to people to go and see. I think the clubs were charging about a tenner a head. Apparently they have had a lot of queries from Irish people that are going to be on holidays in the area at the time of the games. Also, on Sports Tonight on TV3 last night they had a reporter doing an on site report, it was the usual stuff, taking a look at the facilities the players will be using along with the stadium where the games will be played.