PDA

View Full Version : Michael Stone "Performance Art" Trial Begins

Block G Raptor
12/05/2008, 11:20 AM
from rte.ie (http://www.rte.ie/news/2008/0512/stonem.html) : Stone has denied any intention to harm anyone at Stormont and described his attack as performance art
Experts in performance art have been secured to give evidence in Stone's defence.

Wangball
12/05/2008, 1:51 PM
You ever read Stone Cold by Martin Dillon? Whilst there's no doubt that Stone is very dangerous he comes across as a bit of a clown motivated solely by his ego and his desire to be held at centre stage, that ridiculous attempt at a defence does nothing to dispel it...his lawyer must of felt like an idiot having to stand up in court and read that out

pól-dcfc
13/05/2008, 12:34 AM
Charles Adair QC said that after his arrest, Stone said: "My intention was to walk into the debating chamber and look for where Adams, McGuinness and Sinn Fein were sitting.

"I would have lobbed several nail bombs to cause confusion. I planned to stab Adams and McGuinness and cut their throats."

Some performance that would have been.

From http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/7395475.stm

cheifo
14/05/2008, 2:01 PM
The arts have been subject to this type of autocratic censorship for too long.
Can an artist not express himself without the usual sanctimonious knee jerk reaction..:)

osarusan
14/05/2008, 2:30 PM
The arts have been subject to this type of autocratic censorship for too long.
Can an artist not express himself without the usual sanctimonious knee jerk reaction..:)

knee jerk or kneecap?

cheifo
14/05/2008, 2:46 PM
knee jerk or kneecap?

Hee Hee!,
Its you not other people that are meant to suffer for your art Michael.

strangeirish
14/05/2008, 7:59 PM
Ah Michael, how great thou art....

Tosser.

micls
14/05/2008, 8:03 PM
Well he certainly has an imagination....must be the most creative defence in a while

TonyD
14/05/2008, 10:01 PM
He's one scary and creepy individual. Did anyone see the programme last year, one of a series about reconcillaition in the North ? It had Stone come face to face with the relatives of one of his victims. The poor woman couldn't take it and left the room in tears. Genuinely upsetting TV to watch. He shouldn't be let walk the streets again.

gilberto_eire
15/05/2008, 4:59 PM
I remembered just after this happened there was a piece with him in the paper in how he said that the bombs we're complete fakes aswell as the gun, i've only heard about the gun confirmed as a fake, what about the bomb?, Were any knives found?.

Regardless if he is actually telling the truth, for the sheer scale of it, it should be considered as an assasination attempt, coupling this with his past crusade at the funeral!!.

Past murders can't try storm into parliament in an unstable country and claim it was all just a charade. let this be the end of him. Should have never got back out under the GF agreement anyway!

Edit: Footage of his first ''performance'' in which he plays an Arnold Schwarzenegger type character...would have been great had the grenades/bullets not been real, and 3 more people left dead!!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=wwMFn-cWjtY