PDA

View Full Version : Celebrity Bainisteoir

Angus
12/05/2008, 6:54 AM
Not sure if I have seen a thread on this and if I am wrong, humble apologies.

Now, naturally, the "celebrity" aspect of this show is complete drivel including the pretence that Nell and Kean are actually managing teams.

For the unaware, a "celeb" gets a former inter county player to actually coach while the celeb makes it all housewife friendly.

Despite the cringe value of Whelan, Nell, kean, Gilsen et al, somebody, presumably by accident, has come on something here.

The intensity of the players and the teams is admirable and while there is more time given to the lovel Aoibheann than the games, the football is half decent.

Note to RTE - do this again without the celebs - the celebs ruin this and make all but the last 5 minutes (the match) unwatchable.

The way to do it - pick a club side in the deepest preliminary round of the All Ireland Clubs and follow them, and their vistors through to Croke Park and drop any pretence that we need Official Ireland to play - lose the celebs.

max power
12/05/2008, 7:39 AM
Not sure if I have seen a thread on this and if I am wrong, humble apologies.

Now, naturally, the "celebrity" aspect of this show is complete drivel including the pretence that Nell and Kean are actually managing teams.

For the unaware, a "celeb" gets a former inter county player to actually coach while the celeb makes it all housewife friendly.

Despite the cringe value of Whelan, Nell, kean, Gilsen et al, somebody, presumably by accident, has come on something here.

The intensity of the players and the teams is admirable and while there is more time given to the lovel Aoibheann than the games, the football is half decent.

Note to RTE - do this again without the celebs - the celebs ruin this and make all but the last 5 minutes (the match) unwatchable.

The way to do it - pick a club side in the deepest preliminary round of the All Ireland Clubs and follow them, and their vistors through to Croke Park and drop any pretence that we need Official Ireland to play - lose the celebs.

If you do that its only a doc. If you do it with celebs it an entertainment show. The first will attract GAA fans, the second will have a wider demographic range of possible viewers. Therefore higher rating and more chance to sell advertising. If you were trying to sell advertising and gain ratings what would you do ???

Forget the fact that RTE are the national broadcaster, these days its all about ratings and revenue.

sligoman
12/05/2008, 12:10 PM
I'd like to see it done with football teams(junior football), then I'd watch it.

bellavistaman
12/05/2008, 12:36 PM
whos in the final. Nell's comments were very disrespectful hope its her, final will make good television, Ger Keane is made for tele IMO

Lionel Ritchie
12/05/2008, 12:38 PM
I'd like to see it done with football teams(junior football), then I'd watch it.

It wouldn't get made without the countrywide cotton-eye-joe appeal that goes hand in hand with our ...erm ...native game.

Anyway I'd prefer to watch something where Aoibhinn gets a proper seeing to -and I'd further like to suggest it ought be by me.

deecay
12/05/2008, 11:25 PM
As bad a programme as ive seen