PDA

View Full Version : Drogheda Game

pdebruin
11/05/2008, 6:23 PM
Great result on Friday night, obviously, but was anyone else surprised when they read the matc h reviews on aertel or any of the papers? They didn't give any credit to Bray at all, and from reading the reports you would think that Drogheda were carving our defence open at will. It's an amzingly negative review of the match from a Bray point of view.

http://www.aertel.ie/sport/soccer/2008/0509/bray_drogheda.html

I know there were a few close calls (leaving the penalty incident aside) but generally I felt very comfortable watching the game and didn't feel Drogheda created much at all - if anything I felt we were more dangerous on the break.

I'm used to the match previews on Friday going for anything but a Bray win, but after a decent performance against the current league champions I thought the write-ups could have given a little credirt where credit was due.

On a less whiney note: I thought the atmosphere at the ground was much improved on Friday, in no small part to the non-stop singing of Na Fanaithe (sp?) although I wasn't impressed when they broke out the "are you Dundalk in disguise" chant with 25 minutes to go - still a bit early!