PDA

View Full Version : Roll call for Colombia game in london

Pages : [1] 2

aidz1
10/05/2008, 10:17 PM
Many on here heading over??
Not many of our usual few...just myself, although meeting 2 mates who have settled in london.

stiofain
11/05/2008, 12:52 AM
Surrey RISSC (aka myself) will be there. 20 minutes door to door for this one, happy days! Will be a handful of family members/friends with me too.

tetsujin1979
11/05/2008, 1:36 AM
I'm planning on it, with a friend of mine set to come along as well.

boovidge
11/05/2008, 3:59 AM
i'm going. Taking my little sister along too :D

NeilMcD
11/05/2008, 9:24 AM
Yeah I am going along with 3 others.

scousedub
11/05/2008, 4:47 PM
Two of us heading over

Greenforever
11/05/2008, 6:48 PM
6 of us, 2 not going from the normal gang

Paddy Garcia
11/05/2008, 7:00 PM
Me, my two lads. And my Dad.

NeilMcD
11/05/2008, 7:18 PM
i'm going. Taking my little sister along too :D

What age is she ha ha !!! just kidding.

Greenforever
11/05/2008, 7:30 PM

my little sister is 48 any use to you ;)

Paulie
12/05/2008, 10:20 AM
There'll be 3 or 4 of us.

newrynyuk
12/05/2008, 2:30 PM
Yup. I'll be there along with 3 others from RISSC London. Craven Cottage just a half hour walk from my place, so I've no excuse.

Bungle
12/05/2008, 5:43 PM
flying over thursday afternoon. get into stansted at bout 1 and then heading into london to meet a few mates from when i lived in norwich.

anyone going to 24 hour pubs after the game?

beautifulrock
12/05/2008, 6:08 PM
6 and myself, looking forward to it. Hope we put out a decent team

Beal Feirste
12/05/2008, 7:17 PM
Belfast Boys will be there, bout 12 of us flying over thursday morning, back saturday evening (hope the liver holds out). Slan

Fr. Joe
13/05/2008, 7:09 PM
Unfortuneatly wont make it due to work but will be well representing by 4 other lads there, who will have our Limerick tricolour with them (which still hasn't been washed since Eastern Europe btw)!

Sligo Hornet
14/05/2008, 6:46 AM

Have you given up on the Green hornet?;)

Six of us will be there

NeilMcD
14/05/2008, 9:47 AM
She dissed me in Dublin so what can I do.

Sligo Hornet
14/05/2008, 9:57 AM
She dissed me in Dublin so what can I do.

She's a free spirited fool...and i am only her father....."what can I do?";)

Claret Murph
15/05/2008, 2:51 PM
Can anyone please tell me what end the Irish have been given .

FarBeag
15/05/2008, 3:19 PM
Can anyone please tell me what end the Irish have been given .

The Columbians have being allocated the Putney end behind the goal. The Irish have the rest of the stadium if they want.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/Tickets/home.aspx

Claret Murph
15/05/2008, 3:25 PM
The Columbians have being allocated the Putney end behind the goal. The Irish have the rest of the stadium if they want.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/Tickets/home.aspx

Thanks FarBeag

co. down green
15/05/2008, 10:18 PM
Six of us flying over, over Thursday & back Friday

paul_oshea
16/05/2008, 1:42 PM
flying over thursday afternoon. get into stansted at bout 1 and then heading into london to meet a few mates from when i lived in norwich.

anyone going to 24 hour pubs after the game?

they dont exist!

paul_oshea
16/05/2008, 1:46 PM
She's a free spirited fool...and i am only her father....."what can I do?";)

Sligo hornet ill meet ye down in fulham so :) ;)

A father selling his daughter on the internet and not even a mention of a dowry....tut tut.

Ill be there about 10 of us coming all the way from north london. Should be a good laugh.

NeilMcD
17/05/2008, 5:08 PM
Now Now Paul a bit of respect.

jmurphyc
19/05/2008, 3:30 PM
I would love to be going but have an exam the next morning so there's no way I'll be able to do as much as I'd like to. Damn games in London...Ah well.

Jegg
20/05/2008, 10:53 AM
2 newry boys heading over here. going thursday through to sunday, should be some session! don't know if my wallet or my liver will take it!

been there
21/05/2008, 2:03 PM
Are the any good pubs near the ground where all the lads will have the crick

boovidge
21/05/2008, 2:19 PM
Are the any good pubs near the ground where all the lads will have the crick

very useful post here:

http://foot.ie/showpost.php?p=881725&postcount=54

edit: oh wait thats for Loftus Road :o

paul_oshea
21/05/2008, 2:44 PM
oneills is good enough. brogans on fulham broadway is good enough too. Fella who runs it is from gweedore ( gaoith dobhair?! thats a guess based on the english spelling! ). Oneills was always good after the celtic matches. Bring cds anyhow so they can be put on in whatever pub ye go to. Fulham is full of a lot of pretentious people including pretentious Irish who wouldn't like to be associated with Soccer or GAA. Not proper irish, ye know the ones I mean. The pitch is about a 10 min walk from Fulham Broadway.

Superhoops
21/05/2008, 3:16 PM
oneills is good enough. brogans on fulham broadway is good enough too. Fella who runs it is from gweedore ( gaoith dobhair?! thats a guess based on the english spelling! ). Oneills was always good after the celtic matches. Bring cds anyhow so they can be put on in whatever pub ye go to. Fulham is full of a lot of pretentious people including pretentious Irish who wouldn't like to be associated with Soccer or GAA. Not proper irish, ye know the ones I mean. The pitch is about a 10 min walk from Fulham Broadway.

A brisk walk! must be at least one and a half miles away, possibly more!

Sligo Hornet
21/05/2008, 3:25 PM

A brisk walk! must be at least one and a half miles away, possibly more!

Agreed Super!...I think Paul is getting confused with the Fulham High Street, where there are a few pubs that are about 10 mins walk

ltfc_2004
21/05/2008, 4:32 PM
Heading to this game as well staying with a mate from home off Oxford St and hopefully meet a few other old college mates at the game.

Foot having a designated pub for the day ?

paul_oshea
22/05/2008, 11:44 AM
Agreed Super!...I think Paul is getting confused with the Fulham High Street, where there are a few pubs that are about 10 mins walk

How fast do ye walk?! ;)

Here is one of the spots I was on about, and no I didn't mean the high street, not the same selection around there.
http://www.brogansfulham.co.uk/

Sligo Hornet
22/05/2008, 11:56 AM
How fast do ye walk?! ;)

Here is one of the spots I was on about, and no I didn't mean the high street, not the same selection around there.
http://www.brogansfulham.co.uk/

Good spot alright Paul...but at least 15-20min walk?....Are you planning on this being a "foot.ie meet-up" location....looks ok

paul_oshea
22/05/2008, 12:10 PM
ya ive drank here before and walked down, not as handy as oneills, but im not sure oneills is still there on the high street to be honest.

Should we designate this the foot.ie meetup? its very spacious and the staff are sound, the food is good and hopefully they might play some cds if people bring them along. Hornet how will I spot ye? I should be wearing green myself so keep an eye out for me ;)

Ive walked it before in about 12 mins. brisk walking I might add :)

honeymonster
22/05/2008, 9:40 PM
Good stuff lads, 3 of us headin over Thursday and back Saturday, looks like we've been allocated 75% of the ground so should be good fun. Have any Trappatoni songs come to fruition yet?

Plastic Paddy
22/05/2008, 9:50 PM
Have any Trappatoni songs come to fruition yet?

Dunno 'bout that (we'll see after the Serbia game) but "he's the one and only, he's Trappatoni" just popped into my head for some reason. Let's hope his team lives up to the song. :cool:

:ball: PP

Drumcondra 69er
23/05/2008, 1:24 PM
Good stuff lads, 3 of us headin over Thursday and back Saturday, looks like we've been allocated 75% of the ground so should be good fun. Have any Trappatoni songs come to fruition yet?

7 of us on the same timescale should be a bit of craic alright!

Closed Account 2
23/05/2008, 1:52 PM
Me + 3

Scooby Doo
23/05/2008, 3:39 PM
lookin forward to it :D

Seamuslawless
23/05/2008, 8:10 PM
There are about 14 of us heading over. Staying in what must be the dodgiest hotel ever.... working out at €20 each per night :eek:

CraftyToePoke
26/05/2008, 11:38 AM
Me + 1, the new Mrs. CTP, for whom it will be her first exposure to any football, of any discription, ever. (fingers crossed for me now, boyos, for if she doesnt like it, my life just got complicated)

irishultra
26/05/2008, 12:18 PM
Me and the ma are going over, but what I need to know is does anyone know:

The time the train goes down to London from Hollyhead?
Station closest to Craven Cottage
How many hours down?

FarBeag
26/05/2008, 1:49 PM
Me and the ma are going over, but what I need to know is does anyone know:

The time the train goes down to London from Hollyhead?
Station closest to Craven Cottage
How many hours down?

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk. Try this website.It should answer all your queries re travel from Holyhead to London

Putney Bridge, which is on the District Line is best for Craven Cottage..
You and your Mum are brave people. Its a long journey..Double check the train times before you leave.Best of luck.

gspain
26/05/2008, 3:09 PM
me on my todd Billy no mates. Probably have 2 spare tickets too if anybody needs any.

Superhoops
26/05/2008, 6:05 PM
me on my todd Billy no mates. Probably have 2 spare tickets too if anybody needs any.

After that article in Saturday's programme, wot no groupies??

Sligo Hornet
27/05/2008, 8:28 AM
ya ive drank here before and walked down, not as handy as oneills, but im not sure oneills is still there on the high street to be honest.

Should we designate this the foot.ie meetup? its very spacious and the staff are sound, the food is good and hopefully they might play some cds if people bring them along. Hornet how will I spot ye? I should be wearing green myself so keep an eye out for me ;)

Ive walked it before in about 12 mins. brisk walking I might add :)

Brogan's it is then Paul!.....we are aiming to be there approx. 3.30pm....might be wearing Green also!;)

paul_oshea
27/05/2008, 9:13 AM
Brogan's it is then Paul!.....we are aiming to be there approx. 3.30pm....might be wearing Green also!;)

i should be there around 5.30 or so. After the weekend my liver and debit card has had thats plenty time enough for me.