PDA

View Full Version : Dundee United Friendly?

DRDoc
10/05/2008, 12:50 PM
Scottish friend mailed me this morning to say this fixture was confirmed?

14th July -

UCD .V. Dundee United 20:45cet

Poor Student
10/05/2008, 2:02 PM
Scottish friend mailed me this morning to say this fixture was confirmed?

14th July -

UCD .V. Dundee United 20:45cet

Haven't heard anything but sounds like a good fixture. United are a good footballing side and have ex-Shamrock Rovers man Noel Hunt and Willo Flood.

pineapple stu
11/05/2008, 12:12 PM
Central European Time?!

Longfordian
11/05/2008, 12:21 PM
Haven't heard anything but sounds like a good fixture. United are a good footballing side and have ex-Shamrock Rovers man Noel Hunt and Willo Flood.

Ex Town legend Sean Dillon also. Decent friendly, hope it goes well for ye if it's confirmed.

DmanDmythDledge
11/05/2008, 1:09 PM
Seems to be more or less confirmed.
http://ftd.ibforums.com/index.php?showtopic=17878
http://boards.footymad.net/mboard/fmb.php?tno=772&fid=292&act=1&mid=2129615193

John83
11/05/2008, 3:06 PM
Central European Time?!
Yes. Furthermore, all future directions to grounds are to assume that the starting point is Strasbourg, and referees are only to be sworn at in French.

Allez les Blues!

Poor Student
11/05/2008, 3:21 PM
Yes. Furthermore, all future directions to grounds are to assume that the starting point is Strasbourg, and referees are only to be sworn at in French.

Allez les Blues!

It would be worth it to get Pineapple protesting.

On second thoughts......might not be worth it that much.;)

pineapple stu
11/05/2008, 3:23 PM
Damn European Union... :mad:

Back on topic, have we any more confirmation than an internet thread saying they may be going to Ireland for pre-season? Their forum (ArabFORUM) seems to be subscription based.

Edit - nothing confirmed officially, but certainly it may happen.

cityman
15/05/2008, 7:21 PM
I could well be the only Dundee United fan in the country and United will play UCD on 14th July. That is confirmed by the director of communications at United. They are also playing Tolka Rovers 2 days later!!!
What will prices be for this match does anyone know? Its just in case I get asked.

Schumi
15/05/2008, 7:44 PM
What will prices be for this match does anyone know? Its just in case I get asked.It's usually €15 in. It'll probably be the same for this.

Titan
16/05/2008, 9:36 AM
Can someone please change the title of this thread to Dundee United? We are not playing Dundee!:eek:

Schumi
16/05/2008, 10:44 AM
I hadn't even noticed!

Titan
16/05/2008, 11:08 AM
I hadn't even noticed!

And you call yourself a UCD fan?:D

Schumi
16/05/2008, 11:32 AM
Dundee, Dundee United. What's the difference? ;)

HarpoJoyce
16/05/2008, 3:13 PM
I could well be the only Dundee United fan in the country and United will play UCD on 14th July. That is confirmed by the director of communications at United. They are also playing Tolka Rovers 2 days later!!!
What will prices be for this match does anyone know? Its just in case I get asked.

I hope you're able to make the game cityman. I knew of a regular Bohs supporter who visited Tannadice a few times a year. They played each other in the UEFA in the mid-eighties. He had some explaining to do.

Dundee, Dundee United. What's the difference? ;)

20 metres ( Vive La Revolution de 1789)

cityman
16/05/2008, 4:36 PM
Yea Harpojoyce I will be there on the 14th and 16th(I live on the northside),. Cant wait for it, I get over a couple of times a season and have many friends there. Got email from D.O.C. at United and be back in touch closer to the date of the game.
Do you know if there is a players bar/area in the Bowl? Where do the players usually head after the games?
I was at that uefa game in 1985, 5-2 win for United. I think there could be more of an interest in United now that there are 5 Irish players there.

Kick-off is 7:45 and Tolka Rvs is 7:30

Poor Student
16/05/2008, 4:40 PM
Yea Harpojoyce I will be there on the 14th and 16th(I live on the northside),. Cant wait for it, I get over a couple of times a season and have many friends there. Got email from D.O.C. at United and be back in touch closer to the date of the game.
Do you know if there is a players bar/area in the Bowl? Where do the players usually head after the games?
I was at that uefa game in 1985, 5-2 win for United. I think there could be more of an interest in United now that there are 5 Irish players there.

Kick-off is 7:45 and Tolka Rvs is 7:30

The student bar is very near the UCD Bowl. Cityman, do you post on any Dundee United message board or have contact with supporters clubs over there? If so, you could pass the word that the Dundee United fans are more than welcome to our home game against Cobh on Friday the 17th if they're making a trip out of it.

I have a lot of respect for the side that Craig Levein has put together. As I said earlier, they move the ball nicely and play very positively even against the Old Firm.

Aberdonian Stu
16/05/2008, 4:54 PM
While I'm delighted to get a chance to see UCD put one over on some Dundonians!

cityman
16/05/2008, 5:52 PM
I put up a post on a couple of sites just now. Roll on 14th July!!:D