PDA

View Full Version : Reaction to Waterford Game

Youths4Ever
10/05/2008, 10:20 AM
What did people think of the Waterford game last night?
Let loose

5ForKeeps
10/05/2008, 10:27 AM
Tactics are bemusing to say the least, Waterford were there for the taken last night. What the hell Darren Browne is even near the Youths team is beyond me. We had some chances, Richie Fitz's attempt in the first half when clean through summed it up, Sinnott was unlucky with a free kick. Second half was a bit, they scored a good goal from Willie John Kiely. The formation makes us hard to beat but killing us in an attacking sense. Was good to see the Maguire chap and Ricky Fox getting on. They have nice touches, our passing at times good but then we fecked it up when in good positions. The pitch is awful at the RSC.

wexfordseagull
10/05/2008, 11:28 AM
cheap the cheap shots about individual players to yourself:mad:

5ForKeeps
10/05/2008, 12:20 PM
It's not cheap shot i judge what i see i'm not blinded in seeing what we lacked up front to play alongside someone who had the pace to beat his man everytime, i seen him play before in the Wexford League. He has a big rep which is probably why Mick has him in the squad but his quality and role last night didn't make sense. There is a lot better players that Mick has at his disposal than 33 year old up front who can't run, has an awful touch and is just not the type of player Wexford need no matter what you say. Last night Waterford Utd's backline was so slow and they were there for the taking. We needed more pace to go along with Richie's good work which is my point, which is why i thought Johnny Flynn O'Connor would have been a better option up front.

To utilise the players we had out there last night, i would have played 4-2-3-1. Having Waterford worry about our attacking threats in team like Sinnott and Fitz. Keep the same backline, have Patsy and either Doyle or Marty as holding players. Richie on the left and Sinnott on the right with either Marty or Doyle as the attacking mids. Johnny playing off one of them like Torres and Gerrard do for Liverpool. Considering attacking is a huge strength we have we should use it and let people worry about us rather than the other way round.

Sunny Jim
11/05/2008, 2:46 PM
Is it too much to ask that we might have a go away from home every now and again? With only half an hour gone we looked like we were playing for a nil-nil!

Waterford were no great shakes and I think if we had attacked we might have got something from the game. Time and time again we get the ball forward on the wing, but no gets up to support because we play so defensively and the chance is lost.

Paul Murphy is the best striker we have and he spent more time on the halfway line than where he should be, through no fault of his own.

Also, Jason Russell needs a bit more practice at coming for crosses. He flapped at a few there on Friday.