PDA

View Full Version : Music means something to you

max power
10/05/2008, 9:58 AM
Listen to various radio progammes and the person being interviewed is often asked about pieces of music that mean something to them or changed their lives.

This got me thinking and wondering what music means something to other member. Lets say 3 pieces or songs ??? Oh and give a reason for each song.

Here are my own.

The way you look tonight -( various versions ) - was part of the movie swing time in 1936 and Fred Astaire sung it to Ginger Rogers. The best version was Tony Bennett. It was the first dance with my wife and always brings a smile to my face. Wonderful song from a wonderful era.

Regret - New Order - Brings me back to the summer of 93. Great summer and first real one as a semi grown up out on a sat night. Also played a lot of club/school/county football and it was a great time and lots of amazing memories.

Theme from Cheers - I've worked as a Dj for 15 years and any regular gig i do this is the last piece of music. It means the end of the night and home !!! Great if its a pub of regulars that know you and have the craic. Its really brings back great memories from some gigs i've done over the years.