PDA

View Full Version : Come on you Ramblers

Loner
29/07/2003, 11:51 PM
Yo Ramblers,

I visited your game against Dublin City on the 19th. It was good to taste football in the purest form. Just pay and walk in and find a spot. I wish football in Holland was that friendly. On this forum I see a lot of talk but why don't you get supporters more organised at the game. It was quiet, only the guy with the mike tried to scream. Did I pick a wrong game or is it hard to get some atmosphere going? At my club (Feyenoord) we get more gloryhunters so the atmosphere is getting worse every season it seems, but local club Excelsior Rotterdam (first division, satelite-club for Feyenoord and can be compared to Cobh) are getting a hard-core side and the noise is growing...
I really enjoyed the passion of your team and wish you all the best.

To the bar...

Clifford
30/07/2003, 9:08 AM
Come down tonight to the Cup replay. It should be quite good. Rams are having a bad spell at the mo with the crowds, we had some cracking atmos at the games last year in the run in - just missed promotion by a hair.

Just on a side point, are you gutted to lose Bosvelt to Man City - was he as good as they say for the fans?

Loner
30/07/2003, 10:59 PM
I'am back in Rotterdam now, so there is no second change right now to visit Ramblers.
About Paul Bosvelt: Because Rotterdam is a city of hard (harbour) workers, players that work hard have more change to become a hero for the crowd. Paul was always very good to the fans (drawings for fanzines, visiting funerals from hard-core fans, the blood, sweat and tears mentallity) He always gave us lot's of respect. It's a pity to see a player with the right club spirit disapear. He intended to end his career at Feyenoord, but disagreements with the men in charge at the club made he decide to leave.
Technically it is for the best that he is gone. Better at his peak then see him fade to the bench. His leaving gives a younger player an opportunity to take the lead in the squad.
We think it is great for him to end his career in the Premier League 'cause with his style he fits in perfect. I'm sure the Man City fans will love him...

He's here, he's there, he's funkin' ev'rywhere...Paultje Bosvelt!