PDA

View Full Version : Hoops 2 Town 1 ....

kempes
29/08/2001, 8:51 AM
Gotta say I was very impresses with the Flansiro even though I didn't get a chance to check to whole thing out due to being hemmed in behind one goal. The pitch looks great, the same company (i think) have done the pitch in Tallaght so it too should be the bizz.

I was a bit disappointed with the number of signs around the pitch considering the Euro game has just passed, and also they didn't seem to be many of the players sponsored in the programme, hopefully more local businesses will come and support you.

On the footballing side of things I was pleased with our permformance and thought we deserved the 3 points. We scored 2, hit the woodwork with the keeper beaten twice and missed a few sitters towards the end.

I thought Longford started brightly, some of the passing and turning and quick and tidy but when they didn'tget anywhere with it, I thought they kinda ran out if ideas.

Keep On Hoopin'

Kempes

Neil
29/08/2001, 10:49 AM
What has gone wrong at Longford that they are losing to the likes of Shamrock Rovers - most pundits bet for relegation.

Martystapo
29/08/2001, 2:13 PM
I sincerely hope that we don't do a UCD considering last year they played well in Europe.

JC_GUFC
29/08/2001, 4:27 PM
having been at the game in Gotakeegan on Sunday neither GUFC nor MUFC will stay up playing like that, the sad fact is Dave Connell is just playing his mates and MUFC aren't good enough!

Amazingly we're actually missing Eric up front, at least when you saw him play you got the impression that he might score and had some sort of idea what to do!

CU
JC

P.S. I was just thinking whatever happened to Alan Merriman? I know he emigrated to Australia but will he be coming back?