PDA

View Full Version : Ballymena players

Spoons
06/05/2008, 12:23 PM
Anybody hear that centre-half Simon Kelly has asked for a transfer and is moving to Sporting Fingal in July ?

holidaysong
06/05/2008, 12:35 PM
Anybody hear that centre-half Simon Kelly has asked for a transfer and is moving to Sporting Fingal in July ?

A good signing if true.

Graemerz
07/05/2008, 8:27 AM
Lanky tube tbh. Looked very awkward and wooden when I seen him play against us earlier in the season. I'd also be convinced that going from Ballymena to Wexford is a step down.

holidaysong
07/05/2008, 10:36 AM
Lanky tube tbh. Looked very awkward and wooden when I seen him play against us earlier in the season. I'd also be convinced that going from Ballymena to Wexford is a step down.

Where did you get that from? :confused:

I haven't seen him play since he was with Dundalk two years ago but he was definitely regarded as one of our better players and I was sorry to see him go even if he was supposed to be looking for crazy wages. Ballymena did finish sixth in the IL but Fingal are one of the better teams in the LOI First Division so I don't think it is that much of a step down.

Graemerz
07/05/2008, 11:20 PM
Where did you get that from? :confused:

I haven't seen him play since he was with Dundalk two years ago but he was definitely regarded as one of our better players and I was sorry to see him go even if he was supposed to be looking for crazy wages. Ballymena did finish sixth in the IL but Fingal are one of the better teams in the LOI First Division so I don't think it is that much of a step down.

Well I'm just going from what i seen when Linfield played them. He was pretty much carried by Albert Watson. Also I regard Ballymena are a better side than Sporting Fingal at the moment. Ballymena regardless of a poor position last year are regarded as one of our better clubs.