PDA

View Full Version : The MC

Da Real Rover
04/05/2008, 7:49 PM
Taken from Forza Rovers, posted by Redrebel32.
I hope this informs the fans out there about the actions of the MC.

we had a flag that we put up which he wanted taken down[although it was already up for the 1st half] we declined his fine offer.he in his amazing wit pointed out teh fact that sligo rovers were not a politcal organisation and wanted the flag removed.[if he would cast his eye to probably 80% of the fans gear with the ché stuff,palestine,tricolour,basque,communist,sociali st,erin go bragh etc all making appearances over the season he would notice these are politcal 2

i pointed out that during last local elections FG councillor imelda henry made an appearance canvassing for votes in the showgies.to this he was lost for words,caught out.then he mumbled some utter ****e about how she gave 2,500 to the club on behalf of her business.dav then asked is our banner not acceptable because we cant afford to give such amounts and rovers were political at heart but not for people without an open cheque book?obviously he was lost for words again.

then another steward tried talking to me and to take it down as 'he' will get fined.i then went into how this was totally untrue and complete bull and who would fine him or us...''the FAI''...what a load of complete ****** that is as i then pointed out to him.

and even worse was mcloat again.he then said..and midget take notice of this..''i now what ye fans are like after last week'' [reference to finn park] we obviously informed him we werent involved.''i watch those forums i know what ye be at'' or sum fuking idiotic statement.and a dig directly against forza rovers was ''im going to be seeing this on the forums about how ye gave 600 to the club am i''.

worse for them was the fact that the people round the incident totally sided with us.one guy[before the incident] made a point of watchin for who the flags belonged to and came over to shake our hands.then the lads round [aged about 25-30 i'd say,not with us] told the stewards to **** off aswell as they were being ****ing idiots

he spoke like he was superior to normal fans and anything we gave to teh club wasnt worth a ****e.accusing me of running onto a pitch at a game i wasnt even at[me,redrev,celtic nor dav wer at].

Da Real Rover
04/05/2008, 7:54 PM
Also another point to be noted is that Mc Sharry also sponsored numerous things around the club aswell, hardly non political is it??

Its one rule for the rich and another for the fans.
Hypocricy and double standards.

I hope you are reading this Mc Cloat, because they way you treat fans you would swear you own this club.
Remember this club is for the Community, not for the Committee.

srfc1928
04/05/2008, 11:28 PM
Some of the MC (not all) treat the fans ,especially the younger fans ,with total contempt ,they have zero respect for them and see them only as a nuisance. Take the up and coming ultra scence, I personally think it’s a great addition to the showgrounds, the place would be a lot duller and quieter without the colour and chanting . Id say if you were to ask Paul Cook and his team if they were take 50 fans to represent the club on away trip he’d take 50 ultras. Keep up the good work lads, fcuk the begruders. FORZA ROVERS.

deecay
05/05/2008, 12:24 AM
Some of the MC (not all) treat the fans ,especially the younger fans ,with total contempt ,they have zero respect for them and see them only as a nuisance. Take the up and coming ultra scence, I personally think it’s a great addition to the showgrounds, the place would be a lot duller and quieter without the colour and chanting . Id say if you were to ask Paul Cook and his team if they were take 50 fans to represent the club on away trip he’d take 50 ultras. Keep up the good work lads, fcuk the begruders. FORZA ROVERS.

I agree with every word said,great post

clubman
05/05/2008, 8:53 AM
It's another sad event in the relationship between those running the club and those supporting the club. Supporters feel hard done by because a banner that had absolutely nothing to do with the beautiful game was removed. Whay was it there in the first place was my reaction when I saw it. Say no to the treaty isn't going to do Rovers any good one way or the other. Licking up to local politicians probably will and that's the bottom line. If Rovers are to benifit in any way we supporters should be 100% behind any venture. Having a 'local' disagreement about a banner and then making it public is a very childish way to behave, there's ways and means of sorting situations such as this but on this forum naming names is certainly not one of them. Shame on you!!!!!!!!

Red Army
05/05/2008, 9:17 AM
Just to clarify. The banner it’s self wasn’t a Forza Rovers Rovers banner. Forza Rovers have no political stance.

http://sligorovers.proboards53.com/index.cgi?board=talk3&action=display&thread=163

Say no to the treaty isn't going to do Rovers any good one way or the other. Licking up to local politicians probably will and that's the bottom line. If Rovers are to benefit in any way we supporters should be 100% behind any venture.
clubman are you having a laugh? I know the saying beggars can’t be choosy but having any politicians using Rovers for their own/party’s gain is wrong. The club should refuse any sponsorship from them

Shiba
05/05/2008, 10:04 AM
It's another sad event in the relationship between those running the club and those supporting the club. Supporters feel hard done by because a banner that had absolutely nothing to do with the beautiful game was removed. Whay was it there in the first place was my reaction when I saw it. Say no to the treaty isn't going to do Rovers any good one way or the other. Licking up to local politicians probably will and that's the bottom line. If Rovers are to benifit in any way we supporters should be 100% behind any venture. Having a 'local' disagreement about a banner and then making it public is a very childish way to behave, there's ways and means of sorting situations such as this but on this forum naming names is certainly not one of them. Shame on you!!!!!!!!

Sligoman, Daddy must be a politician!

All joking aside! The Mc might like to think that their not political but they have always been a dictatorship all down the years. Mc Cloat and the rest are just the next line of them.Didnt see the incident at have time but if someone wants to voice an opinion which is not offencive to people around they should have the right to express it.I'm sure that at the next couple of home games when we are closer to referendum we will have John Perry/Jimmy Devins pushing their parties veiws down our throats what will be the reaction now.

Sorry for going on Im bored senseless but What if someone put up a banner calling For Drum Harney Devins to resign over the cancer fiasco what would their reaction be! Its a very omotive issue at the moment and even do the campaigners say its not a political issue at the momemt Im sure in time it will affect the way people vote. I would like to see how the MC dictatorship would handle that!

deecay
05/05/2008, 12:19 PM
You are just as bad,as these stewards/board members.Sligo Rovers are ran by idiots which is very hard to stand by and watch

Da Real Rover
05/05/2008, 12:43 PM

Shame on me??
Did you read any of the first post, on how Mc Cloat behaved, did you read his replys??
Now im sure when confronted he will try and white wash the event or hedge around it but there were alot of other people who heard what he was saying, not just us.
We know this banner has got nothing to with the club itself, but either do Imelda Henry or Mc Sharry. I couldnt give a fukc how much it benefits the club by them licking up to the local politicians, they cant pick and choose when to implement a rule and when not to. If its their policy not to be political well then it must be implemented all the time, irrelevant to how much money Imeldas Daddy will throw at the board.
But that is the basis of this whole thing, its one rule for the wealthy of sligo and another for the fans of the club. I have been a season ticket holder in the showgrounds since I was 14 and the management committee cleary valued Imelda Henrys involvement (her first time to ever grace the showgrounds) with the club more than my own by the way Mc Cloat acted.
This banner was unveiled by us because it was a place where 2500+ people could see it, we unveiled it because it is our right to free speech. We feel that a treaty undermining our national sovereignty should be highlighted to the public of sligo.
Freedom of speech: Guaranteed by Article 40.6.1. However, this may not be used to undermine "public order or morality or the authority of the State".
Freedom of assembly: Guaranteed by Article 40.6.1, but only when exercised "peaceably and without arms" and not a "nuisance to the general public".
Shame on you Clubman to support such disgusting hypocritical behaviour, and blatant double standards. The sad thing is that there are members on the MC that are decent individuals but the actions of a few board members are tarnishing the already fragile relationship between Board and Fans.

Rovers - For the community, not the committee.

deecay
05/05/2008, 4:22 PM
lads why do ye feel so strong about the Lisbon treaty?

Wait till ya hear PizzaMan's opinions on the train to Dublin Friday morning:D:D

clubman
05/05/2008, 5:19 PM
[QUOTE=Da Real Rover;935316]Shame on me??
Did you read any of the first post, on how Mc Cloat behaved, did you read his replys??
QUOTE]

I did but obviously you didn't read mine!!
I don't agree with either side, I'm clubman, a man for the club and only the club!!
What I did say this is no place to deal with such an incident. There are ways and means of handling this and this forum is definitely not one of them. The only reason that people think there is a them and us situation in the Showgrounds is only because the people that think it created it in the first place. Putting such a banner on display for the whole of Ireland to see is making a statement that Sligo Rovers Football Club is against the treaty. Is that fair on the club? I don't think so. The actions of members of the committee and sligo Rovers stewards would indicate that they too don't think so. So is everyone wrong but the idiot that hung the banner? If you have a problem with a cash strapped club such as the one you pretend to love taking sponsorship money from local politicians then you should question your loyalty to the club you claim to support.
Sometimes it's best to keep one's opinion to one's self.

Da Real Rover
05/05/2008, 11:06 PM
Shame on me??

I did but obviously you didn't read mine!!
I don't agree with either side, I'm clubman, a man for the club and only the club!!
What I did say this is no place to deal with such an incident. There are ways and means of handling this and this forum is definitely not one of them. The only reason that people think there is a them and us situation in the Showgrounds is only because the people that think it created it in the first place. Putting such a banner on display for the whole of Ireland to see is making a statement that Sligo Rovers Football Club is against the treaty. Is that fair on the club? I don't think so. The actions of members of the committee and sligo Rovers stewards would indicate that they too don't think so. So is everyone wrong but the idiot that hung the banner? If you have a problem with a cash strapped club such as the one you pretend to love taking sponsorship money from local politicians then you should question your loyalty to the club you claim to support.
Sometimes it's best to keep one's opinion to one's self.

You have some ****ing cheek, 'the one you pretend to love'. I follow this club up and down the country and you have the cheek to say that I pretend to love my club. You self righteous , who do you think you are to question my loyalty to the club I have followed since I was a sprog. Fellas my age spend their time and money at alot of other things other than supporting their club. You are indicative of the behaviour of the MC, questioning a fan who questions the MC. Remember this, the club has been around alot longer than the MC has and will be after condescending hypocrits like yourself are gone. Just because I question the MCs actions does not mean I question my club, for the club is something bigger than the stalinist regime that imposes their will on loyal fans.

You are wrong yet again, putting such a banner up in showgounds tells the world that individuals inside the ground do not support treaty. If you wish 'yes to lisbon', then by all means unveil a banner, that is the beauty of free speech. Such a banner says nothing of the club, or the MC, just individuals which are at the ground. As stated before unveiling such a banner is my right as an Irish citizen.

You say 'So is everyone wrong but the idiot that hung the banner'. yet another example of the Sligo Rovers Management Committee, you speak as if you speak for everyone. You are not the voice of the fans or the club, so do not say everyone, that totally misrepresents the truth. In fact we had fans coming up and congradulating us on the banner, no-one we talked to apart from the MC had a problem with it.

The amount of times you contradict yourself in your own arguments is absurd. You state how a political act like this says that Sligo Rovers is against the treaty, and this as you say is wrong. Well then is it not also wrong for a fine gael politician to be lauded on the pitch, as this tells the world that Sligo Rovers supports Fine Gael?? I merely used the logic in your own argument, and please do answer me this and not by the line, 'ITS THE MONEY', cause that wont cut it. I have a problem with ANY institution which sets asides its rules when ever it pleases, that is a tyranny. One rule for all, NO EXCEPTIONS.

This time answer my post properly, instead of hurling it the tripe you did before on 'loyalty', and the money card. As I said before Politicians giving money is no excuse to set aside the clubs stated rules.

gustavo
06/05/2008, 9:20 AM
Lads please stay on topic , If ye want to discuss the Lisbon treaty
http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=80713
theres a thread for it in Current Affairs

Guts&Glory
06/05/2008, 12:44 PM
The Showgrounds should not be used as a political Football (pun intended) if you want to get your polictical views across march from the town hall around all the streets in Sligo you want.

Hand flyers out door to door, talk to local radio and papers etc.

Keep your political focused banners away from the Showgrounds - they are not wanted.

Just because I question the MCs actions does not mean I question my club, for the club is something bigger than the stalinist regime that imposes their will on loyal fans.

Stalinist regime? What party do you call yourselves again (sic).....oh the Irony!!

If you wish 'yes to lisbon', then by all means unveil a banner, that is the beauty of free speech. Such a banner says nothing of the club, or the MC, just individuals which are at the ground. As stated before unveiling such a banner is my right as an Irish citizen.

If I have a No to Lisbon' banner hanging from my house it says I want to vote No for the Lisbon treaty. If that banner is hanging from a fence/wall at the Showgrounds that will be broadcast on TV it is the equivalent.

You say 'So is everyone wrong but the idiot that hung the banner'. yet another example of the Sligo Rovers Management Committee, you speak as if you speak for everyone. You are not the voice of the fans or the club, so do not say everyone, that totally misrepresents the truth. In fact we had fans coming up and congradulating us on the banner, no-one we talked to apart from the MC had a problem with it.

Approx 2,500 people at the game - how many shook your hand ? 5?

life long red
06/05/2008, 12:48 PM
Taken from Forza Rovers, posted by Redrebel32.
I hope this informs the fans out there about the actions of the MC.

we had a flag that we put up which he wanted taken down[although it was already up for the 1st half] we declined his fine offer.he in his amazing wit pointed out teh fact that sligo rovers were not a politcal organisation and wanted the flag removed.[if he would cast his eye to probably 80% of the fans gear with the ché stuff,palestine,tricolour,basque,communist,sociali st,erin go bragh etc all making appearances over the season he would notice these are politcal 2

i pointed out that during last local elections FG councillor imelda henry made an appearance canvassing for votes in the showgies.to this he was lost for words,caught out.then he mumbled some utter ****e about how she gave 2,500 to the club on behalf of her business.dav then asked is our banner not acceptable because we cant afford to give such amounts and rovers were political at heart but not for people without an open cheque book?obviously he was lost for words again.

then another steward tried talking to me and to take it down as 'he' will get fined.i then went into how this was totally untrue and complete bull and who would fine him or us...''the FAI''...what a load of complete ****** that is as i then pointed out to him.

and even worse was mcloat again.he then said..and midget take notice of this..''i now what ye fans are like after last week'' [reference to finn park] we obviously informed him we werent involved.''i watch those forums i know what ye be at'' or sum fuking idiotic statement.and a dig directly against forza rovers was ''im going to be seeing this on the forums about how ye gave 600 to the club am i''.

worse for them was the fact that the people round the incident totally sided with us.one guy[before the incident] made a point of watchin for who the flags belonged to and came over to shake our hands.then the lads round [aged about 25-30 i'd say,not with us] told the stewards to **** off aswell as they were being ****ing idiots

he spoke like he was superior to normal fans and anything we gave to teh club wasnt worth a ****e.accusing me of running onto a pitch at a game i wasnt even at[me,redrev,celtic nor dav wer at].
it was a complaint from a few shams supporters who spoke to me as i was a steward at the game and said to me that the banner was a politcal statement and it should not be on display i then informend p burke and he done the rest

SligoBrewer
06/05/2008, 1:19 PM
it was a complaint from a few shams supporters who spoke to me as i was a steward at the game and said to me that the banner was a politcal statement and it should not be on display i then informend p burke and he done the rest

Were the Shams supporters who were fighting removed from the ground?
What happened to them?

I think they were doing much more harm than a couple of lads putting up a banner expressing an opinion.

Da Real Rover
06/05/2008, 1:19 PM
If people have a problem with the flag, then why accept the clubs support for Imelda Henry??
I have no problem with the club if its the stated policy that nothing political should be unveiled but I will not accept them picking and choosing when to implement the rule.

HomeBrewPlease
06/05/2008, 1:22 PM

Is there a specific rule forbidding this?

If there is what is the specific wording of it?

Da Real Rover
06/05/2008, 1:24 PM
The Showgrounds should not be used as a political Football (pun intended) if you want to get your polictical views across march from the town hall around all the streets in Sligo you want.

Hand flyers out door to door, talk to local radio and papers etc.

Keep your political focused banners away from the Showgrounds - they are not wanted.

How many shook my hand??
Is that the basis for your argument??
Thats really quite a pathetic effort.
How many asked us to remove it?? Just the two members of the MC.
Anyway the numbers involved either way are irrelevant, the primary focus of this argument is how the MC allows some political activisim but then forbids the rest, that is the central point.

As for my signature.
3 members of this party died on Hunger Strike for freedom, show some respect!

life long red
06/05/2008, 1:56 PM
Were the Shams supporters who were fighting removed from the ground?
What happened to them?

I think they were doing much more harm than a couple of lads putting up a banner expressing an opinion.
no but your flag was

SligoBrewer
06/05/2008, 2:02 PM
no but your flag was

It is not my flag.
I have no connection with the flag.

And your post makes no sense what so ever.

Knappagh Red
06/05/2008, 3:21 PM
How many shook my hand??
Is that the basis for your argument??
Thats really quite a pathetic effort.
How many asked us to remove it?? Just the two members of the MC.
Anyway the numbers involved either way are irrelevant, the primary focus of this argument is how the MC allows some political activisim but then forbids the rest, that is the central point.

As for my signature.
3 members of this party died on Hunger Strike for freedom, show some respect!

I think those three people you refer to were INLA not IRSP, but considering the IRSP were never organised in Sligo is your signature just rebel chic posturing

Rovers Maniac
06/05/2008, 3:31 PM
This is not very football lads although saying that i did change my sig. :)

deecay
06/05/2008, 3:42 PM
A pic of the banner in the weekender above Rory H's piece.Well done Rory,nice few word about Forza Rovers

RedRebel32
06/05/2008, 5:22 PM
A pic of the banner in the weekender above Rory H's piece.Well done Rory,nice few word about Forza Rovers

the first poster i will address is clubman.you have stated you are a man of the club,totally unbiased and not on either side.yet you go on to call the person who erected the banner an 'idiot'.how unbiased of you clubman.you are a hypocrite just like the MC.

the issue is not the message of the banner,but the arrogant and innapropriate way in which it was handled. the person in question implied that i had ran onto the pitch in ballybofey, a game i didnt attend unfortunately. he then went on so argue that us 'fans' were absolutely worthless.he justified imelda henry's appearance in the showgrounds scoring political points because she had donated 2,500.he was saying that lifelong fans,who travel to support our team home and away all over the country are worth less than this political figure who has never stepped foot in the ground yet donated 2,500.so lads,who spend what money they can get together on tickets,merchandise,away buses at 20 quid a pop and who sing themselves hourse are worth less than a one off payment of 2,500.

rovers are a reflection of their community,not the other way around,and certainly not a reflection of a committee.i will not have a suit wearing man full of self-importance put a value on my committment and dedication on anything.

another point is the steward helping the man in question.his said in his demands to remove the flag and i quote ''we dont want a riot on our hands''...this is the mentality we are dealing with.we offered to discuss the banner with these men,they declined.i asked if we could at least tae a pic of it,they even declined this.the problem arose because of the 2 lads behaviour, otherwise it wouldnt be an issue.

another point is that many of our flags had political significance over the season and still do,yet they were allowed remain.i mean the tri-colour,starry plough,palestine,basque,communist etc are all left in tact,yet it seems the most inoffensive of them all was taken down.i find it no coincidence that the one banner removed may have upset our political patrons,devins,mcsharry and henry et al..

if there was a rule in place,i would not have put up the flag....if the club would get fined, i would not have put up the flag.but these things dont come into the equation.

one final point.many of the banners we have,all supporters,contain a picture of ernesto guevara.is this not a very political image?!! yet these are openly waved at games home and away.

to the poster who commented on da real rover and stalin and the irony.the party the poster is affiliated to is in no way stalinist.please educate yourself.and guess who's politics were based on staunch stalinist support...one ché guevara..theres your irony for you

Da Real Rover
06/05/2008, 11:07 PM
I think those three people you refer to were INLA not IRSP, but considering the IRSP were never organised in Sligo is your signature just rebel chic posturing

Do not lecture me on the history of the Irps.
The were also members of the IRSP, Mickey Devine being one of the most prominent members of the IRSP in his day.
What??
I know they didnt originate in Sligo.
But we have a RSYM Cumann here, and new Cumanns in Waterford and Cork.

Da Real Rover
06/05/2008, 11:10 PM
This is not very football lads although saying that i did change my sig. :)

Would almost be funny if you were old enough to vote.

Da Real Rover
06/05/2008, 11:12 PM
no but your flag was

I find Imelda Henry on the Showgrounds pitch offensive??

Rovers Maniac
06/05/2008, 11:15 PM
I find Imelda Henry on the Showgrounds pitch offensive??

Come on she is not ugly now http://www.finegael.ie/rep-images/ACF27DE.jpg

Would take much more offence to a male politician

celticV3
07/05/2008, 12:15 AM
All the issues above raised by redrebel and da real rover are hard to top so i'll not try. but at the same time i find it sad that the representatives of the club feel it is ok when they want, for the club not to be political but it can prostitute it's integrity to the highest bidder. Clubman do you view it as acceptable to have a stance on something I.E rovers are not political yet it is ok for the likes of jimmy devins and imelda henry to USE the club for their own gain simply because they have opened a cheque book? i know for a fact that i have spent more money on following and supporting sligo rovers than any contribution made by these two.

So why is it that the loyal fans are asked to shuffle in and out each week quickly and with the least hassle, but the MC would be quick to bend over backwards for any local politician or business man? The MC now it would seem believe they are greater than the "normal" fans. They have lost touch with the average supporter and it is a shame that this is perhaps irreversable as they now believe they are greater than the club they are supposed to represent. The issue for me is not the removal of the "controversial" flag, it is the behaviour of the MC member in question that could not argue against the logic he was faced with and the fact he felt it neccesary to,

1. lie to us and say that we as a club would receive a fine for the banner
2. That he generalised each of our fans on the performance of two drunken fans at an away game, and decided he knew "what we fans were like"

To be honest this man is so high up on his pedestal i'm suprised he could make out the lettering of the banner. it is a shame that these men are on serious power trips and although i cannot question what these men have done for the club as i know they have put great time and effort in, but that does not give them immunity to critisism of their hypocrisy or give them the right to treat loyal fans as lower forms of existence.

sligored
07/05/2008, 9:12 AM
All the issues above raised by redrebel and da real rover are hard to top so i'll not try. but at the same time i find it sad that the representatives of the club feel it is ok when they want, for the club not to be political but it can prostitute it's integrity to the highest bidder. Clubman do you view it as acceptable to have a stance on something I.E rovers are not political yet it is ok for the likes of jimmy devins and imelda henry to USE the club for their own gain simply because they have opened a cheque book? i know for a fact that i have spent more money on following and supporting sligo rovers than any contribution made by these two.

So why is it that the loyal fans are asked to shuffle in and out each week quickly and with the least hassle, but the MC would be quick to bend over backwards for any local politician or business man? The MC now it would seem believe they are greater than the "normal" fans. They have lost touch with the average supporter and it is a shame that this is perhaps irreversable as they now believe they are greater than the club they are supposed to represent. The issue for me is not the removal of the "controversial" flag, it is the behaviour of the MC member in question that could not argue against the logic he was faced with and the fact he felt it neccesary to,

1. lie to us and say that we as a club would receive a fine for the banner
2. That he generalised each of our fans on the performance of two drunken fans at an away game, and decided he knew "what we fans were like"

To be honest this man is so high up on his pedestal i'm suprised he could make out the lettering of the banner. it is a shame that these men are on serious power trips and although i cannot question what these men have done for the club as i know they have put great time and effort in, but that does not give them immunity to critisism of their hypocrisy or give them the right to treat loyal fans as lower forms of existence.

agreed celtic. good post

Guts&Glory
08/05/2008, 5:51 PM
Shiba post 05/05/08 Post #7 :
"What if someone put up a banner calling for Drum/Harney/ Devins to resign over the cancer fiascom what would their reaction be!"

I would imagine the club would also ask for such a banner to be taken down due to it being a personal attack and one the club would not want to be seen condoning in a similar way to removing the banner in this very instance.

Fortunately the people protesting for the retention of cancer services in Sligo, which I am one of those fighting for that retention, go about it in the correct and democratic manner of marches, discussion on radio, flyers, engaging all forms of press etc. to promote the campaign and keep it in the public eye. All of these avenues are also open to those who wish to promote a NO to Lisbon campaign.

Da Real Rover 05/05/089 Post #9 :
"We know this banner has got nothing to do with the club itself"

That is exactly the point it was a political statement by YOU and the party YOU are a member of so they are fully entitled to take down such banners in the Clubs Grounds if they deem necessary.

Henry/McSharry/Devins being allowed on the pitch at the Showgrounds -

Henry/McSharry/Devins never displayed banners stating vote Yes/No to a Treaty Vote FF/FG etc. when donating money to the club.

The money donated/sponsored was used to sponsor club teams/costs etc and the money was not taken from Party funds but personal/business funds as can be seen from any published accounts of the politicians in question.

By the way those Lotto grants we get for developing the main stand, all weather pitch etc., guess who has a say where the Lottery monies go and who gets what...........yes its politicians, should we decline all Lottery grants in future because of that?? I don’t think so.

Da real Rover05/05/08 Post # 12

Directed at Clubman "You have some ****ing cheek"

The resorting to foul and abusive language like some bully in the playground does nothing for you, your party or your campaign. (Redrebel32 initial post on Forza that was posted on Foot.ie by Da Real Rover on 04/05/08 also contains choice language)

I don’t know Clubman from Adam but having read his posts here over the last while he has always been civil and friendly to a fault in giving his opinion whether he is agreeing or disagreeing with an opinion expressed.

Shame on you lads for the language you resorted to, it always shows a lack of intellect.

Da Real Rover 06/05/08 Post #19 :

You commented that people shook your hand for putting the banner up that is why I asked how many shook your hand as we know from other posts that several Shams fans took offence to the banner.

Given the level of support for IRSP in Sligo and the Rep Of Ireland as a whole out of the attendance at the match the other night your party supporters could not have numbered even double digits within the confines of the ground.

Yet you saw it fit to display a banner of YOUR opinion at an independant football clubs ground – a club who has no political affiliation, in order to aid your campaign.

It was nothing more than a cheap shot and desperate act.

It may shock you to know that you are not the only form of information to the Public....hey we have TV's, Newspapers, Radio, the Internet and plenty of other media outlets where we can source info on what the treaty is about, the positives, the negatives why we should Vote Yes or No etc.

Putting up a banner saying 'Vote No to Lisbon' is not providing people with a very informed basis of decision making.

As regards your comment "3 members of this party died on Hunger Strike for freedom, show some respect"

As Knappagh Red stated they were first and foremost INLA members.

In any case I find it crass and irresponsible of you that you are trying to use such a situation to try and justify your actions.

Da Real Rover 05/05/2008 Post # 12

"the Satlinist regime that imposes their will on loyal fans."
and Subsequently RedRebel32 on the 06/05/08 Post #25

The irony of a Socialist supporter calling the Rovers MC some type of "Stalinist regime that imposes their will on loyal fans" is (a) Socialism and Communism are both left wing ideals (the left advances Socialism / Communism whilst the right advances Capatlism/Democracy).

As regards the comment from RedRebel32 to "educate yourself", you dont know anything about me, however just to let you know I do have two degrees and several professional qualifications so I feel that I am educated enough to engage in this debate -thank you for your encouragement of education nonetheless.

Just because I do not agree with your beliefs does not make me inferior - is equality of the people not one of Socialism's primary beliefs??!!

Here is a parting irony for you DaRealRover and RedRebel 32.

I will be voting 'NO' for the Lisbon Treaty but thats because I have read up on the Treaty and I am familiar with the issues and matters of debate - NOT because somebody tried to put a banner up at the Showgrounds stating
'No to Lison'.

Thank You and Good Night.

redtildead
08/05/2008, 8:04 PM
It just does (This is Fact)

Any chance you're related to Rocketfingers?

Rovers Maniac
08/05/2008, 8:10 PM
Any chance you're related to Rocketfingers?

Sorry? I don't think so to be honest.

RedRebel32
08/05/2008, 8:29 PM
Shiba post 05/05/08 Post #7 :
"What if someone put up a banner calling for Drum/Harney/ Devins to resign over the cancer fiascom what would their reaction be!"

I would imagine the club would also ask for such a banner to be taken down due to it being a personal attack and one the club would not want to be seen condoning in a similar way to removing the banner in this very instance.

Fortunately the people protesting for the retention of cancer services in Sligo, which I am one of those fighting for that retention, go about it in the correct and democratic manner of marches, discussion on radio, flyers, engaging all forms of press etc. to promote the campaign and keep it in the public eye. All of these avenues are also open to those who wish to promote a NO to Lisbon campaign.

Da Real Rover 05/05/089 Post #9 :
"We know this banner has got nothing to do with the club itself"

That is exactly the point it was a political statement by YOU and the party YOU are a member of so they are fully entitled to take down such banners in the Clubs Grounds if they deem necessary.

Henry/McSharry/Devins being allowed on the pitch at the Showgrounds -

Henry/McSharry/Devins never displayed banners stating vote Yes/No to a Treaty Vote FF/FG etc. when donating money to the club.

The money donated/sponsored was used to sponsor club teams/costs etc and the money was not taken from Party funds but personal/business funds as can be seen from any published accounts of the politicians in question.

By the way those Lotto grants we get for developing the main stand, all weather pitch etc., guess who has a say where the Lottery monies go and who gets what...........yes its politicians, should we decline all Lottery grants in future because of that?? I don’t think so.

Da real Rover05/05/08 Post # 12

Directed at Clubman "You have some ****ing cheek"

The resorting to foul and abusive language like some bully in the playground does nothing for you, your party or your campaign. (Redrebel32 initial post on Forza that was posted on Foot.ie by Da Real Rover on 04/05/08 also contains choice language)

I don’t know Clubman from Adam but having read his posts here over the last while he has always been civil and friendly to a fault in giving his opinion whether he is agreeing or disagreeing with an opinion expressed.

Shame on you lads for the language you resorted to, it always shows a lack of intellect.

Da Real Rover 06/05/08 Post #19 :

You commented that people shook your hand for putting the banner up that is why I asked how many shook your hand as we know from other posts that several Shams fans took offence to the banner.

Given the level of support for IRSP in Sligo and the Rep Of Ireland as a whole out of the attendance at the match the other night your party supporters could not have numbered even double digits within the confines of the ground.

Yet you saw it fit to display a banner of YOUR opinion at an independant football clubs ground – a club who has no political affiliation, in order to aid your campaign.

It was nothing more than a cheap shot and desperate act.

It may shock you to know that you are not the only form of information to the Public....hey we have TV's, Newspapers, Radio, the Internet and plenty of other media outlets where we can source info on what the treaty is about, the positives, the negatives why we should Vote Yes or No etc.

Putting up a banner saying 'Vote No to Lisbon' is not providing people with a very informed basis of decision making.

As regards your comment "3 members of this party died on Hunger Strike for freedom, show some respect"

As Knappagh Red stated they were first and foremost INLA members.

In any case I find it crass and irresponsible of you that you are trying to use such a situation to try and justify your actions.

Da Real Rover 05/05/2008 Post # 12

"the Satlinist regime that imposes their will on loyal fans."
and Subsequently RedRebel32 on the 06/05/08 Post #25

The irony of a Socialist supporter calling the Rovers MC some type of "Stalinist regime that imposes their will on loyal fans" is (a) Socialism and Communism are both left wing ideals (the left advances Socialism / Communism whilst the right advances Capatlism/Democracy).

As regards the comment from RedRebel32 to "educate yourself", you dont know anything about me, however just to let you know I do have two degrees and several professional qualifications so I feel that I am educated enough to engage in this debate -thank you for your encouragement of education nonetheless.

Just because I do not agree with your beliefs does not make me inferior - is equality of the people not one of Socialism's primary beliefs??!!

Here is a parting irony for you DaRealRover and RedRebel 32.

I will be voting 'NO' for the Lisbon Treaty but thats because I have read up on the Treaty and I am familiar with the issues and matters of debate - NOT because somebody tried to put a banner up at the Showgrounds stating
'No to Lison'.

Thank You and Good Night.

stalin has nothing to do with irsp,and it was not my intention to have a political debate on any football board.i simply am saying how hypocritical the board are.like it or not,politicians appearing in the programme or on the pitch is endorsing the party they are involved in and givingthem a forum.plus we have many,many political flags owned by numerous rovers supporters,many i dont even know.do you not see this hypocritical and unfair??that is the issue here,not anyones politics.fair play to you on the treaty and im glad your not just an anti-government voter in how you came to your conclusion.

but enough of the politics and personal attacks, they are do no0one any good and add no credibility to either argument.i am just saying,the MC allows political emblems and people in the stadium,endorsing their beliefs.but yet took exception to one, its not consistent.plus the stweards didnt say anything about shams fans or anything, they suggested they were removing it on personal opinion that the club would be fined.hypocrisy and lies do not appeal to me, especially from gentlemen who are officials at my club

lifelong rover
08/05/2008, 9:34 PM
Red rebel32 Maybe you try to get on the MC next AGM

Bravo
08/05/2008, 9:37 PM
I use to post regular on this forum and of late haven’t, it’s the same sh1te all over again, I am no fan of the committee but the reality is that no one else will do epically the **1**s who give out most about them! 6 of 1, 2 3’s of the other, of late this has turned in to a bitching forum with fnck all constructive debate and few serious topics been addressed, the fact that Saturdays result is overshadowed in any way by a spunk stained bed sheet is sad. lads cop on were all on the same side, this is a footy forum not a yes/no campaign drive for the Lisbon treaty or a bitching gallery. Pay your money in, support your club in the best way you can clap your hands or bang your balls together, who gives a fnck, choose to do a bit extra if you wish, you’ll get fnck all praise and loads of criticism.

Stick to the footy and stop the whinging, bitching, moaning, crying, cribbing, canvassing, criticizing, whatever the fnck.

Fivesilver
08/05/2008, 10:29 PM
Have to say I agree . . . except for the bit about banging my knackers together. :eek:

The reason we come to this forum in the first place is because we're Sligo Rovers supporters, and I enjoy seeing people's opinions on players and tactics, rumours etc. There's any amount of forums for other stuff.

deecay
08/05/2008, 10:34 PM
There is one or two decent members who do an awful amount of work that the stupid old fella's wont do.I think most of ye know one of them,puting great life into the club

celticV3
08/05/2008, 10:46 PM
Just because I do not agree with your beliefs does not make me inferior

Exactly our point in regards to the MC member that talked to us as inferior because we were not in suits and sitting down eating the prawn sandwiches they would prefer.

This issue is not political in anyway. We are not looking to debate about the banner itself or anything behind it just the constant lying to fans from the MC and i think it can be found in redrebels, redrev's and my own post that we are trying to highlight the hypocrisy of the MC's pick and choose system which revolves around money. We are merely trying to raise the point that because we are "average fans" that we were told to remove the banner, and i do not find it too big of an assumption that prior and maybe even after this banner if any of the local politicians wanted to canvass a yes or no vote on the upcoming referendum within the showgrounds then all they would need is an open cheque book.

The issue is not as i said political, politics is just the example being used in this instance to highlight rovers hypocrisy and although some maybe happy to just "Pay our money in" i would personally prefer to raise issues about how the men who run our club choose to let special priviledges go to those with the money and subject the die hards and regulars as simply customers.

Paraic
09/05/2008, 10:12 AM
closing thread - thinks got a bit abusive yesterday evening, and anyways, i think both sides of arguement have been dealt and are there for all to see. P