PDA

View Full Version : Can we do it

forengay
28/07/2003, 7:25 PM
ok folks can we do it or not??Well i think we can if we put our minds to it a lot of people think thats it but there only the fools who come along when we are doing well and there gone when we lose we well see the next home if the x is full.i think if the fans get behind the team we can go all the way so come on lads lets help our tram win it.:D

patsh
28/07/2003, 7:30 PM
Originally posted by forengay
ok folks can we do it or not??Well i think we can if we put our minds to it a lot of people think thats it but there only the fools who come along when we are doing well and there gone when we lose we well see the next home if the x is full.i think if the fans get behind the team we can go all the way so come on lads lets help our tram win it.:D
Win the league, do you mean? Maybe, if we get 3 really decent players within the next 2 weeks.

I'd be happy to jump aboard that train anytime !;) :D

tiktok
28/07/2003, 8:50 PM
we can all see that we do not have a strong enough first team or panel to mount a realistic challenge. but we're not playing to the strengths of the first team that we do have.

_hedderman seemed to be left wing purely because devine could pick him out from kick outs. hoofing!
_murray who replaced him will be good, but he's not there yet, meanwhile we have more experienced midfielders who have played that position for city warming the bench.
_the back four which was solid for so long has conceeded very costly late goals against waterford and shels, in both cases after hoggy was replaced by carey, in neither game was it neccessary.
_the long ball tactic favours neither flynn or george, who are both best with ball to feet.
_we're currently without greg, which is beyond anyone's control, but it's only fair to be balanced in terms of highlighting current problems, at least this one has a speedier solution than was thought at first.

dcnags
28/07/2003, 11:31 PM
_sub-strikers only get brought on when you're 2 goals down with 5 minutes to go in the cup yet full back is replaced by full back mid way through the second half

SÓC
29/07/2003, 12:57 PM
Carey is a much faster player than Hoggie, I reckon thats the idea behind it, have Carey running forward at pace against tired defenders, he's also taller so when Carey has come on in both those games Woods has pushed forward, Carey has been a stand in centre back/wing back in the same way Finnian was in the world cup when we brought on Quinn.

golly
01/08/2003, 11:55 AM
That sub was so carey could play centre half in a back 3 we went 3-4-3 carey has more pace and was brought on incase we were caught on d counter