PDA

View Full Version : the season so far

ramsfan
03/05/2008, 6:21 PM
my view

playing well in defence, bit unsure about breaking up a back four so solid by switching meade to midfield, keeper is playing well, midfield is doing ok, a kearney is excellent, j kearney is starting to get on pace, barrett is average,davin a major diisapointment, upfront we are struggling but if cummins or meade can just get one i think confidence could soar and they will start putting away one on ones

the league so looks already like athem and us. us being harps, rams,ucd and galway. there is adivide there already which i think will only grow, and we need to be pickin up points against these other three, we have collected only two from nine this isnt good enough,july may come but if we are in current situation will we get the players with the desire to get us out of situation or will the only people available be the mercenaries looking for a quick buck
we need to be fourth bottom or better in july to have a real chance to get a player or two who will really work for us

hendo i have total belief he is agreat manager one of the best we have ever had, he can only help the players but when they cross the white line they are on their own he cant make the tackle or convert the chances so really not his fault he is also on a small budget and with that in mind he has prob brought in the best players for money available.

the support is poor but there is not a lot you can do about that except try to encourage people but ultimately the only way to draw a crowd is awinning team, which unfortunately we can do litle to change

fourth bottom come october and i will be wearing the biggest smile ever, heres hoping

micls
03/05/2008, 6:24 PM
fourth bottom come october and i will be wearing the biggest smile ever, heres hoping

And if you stay there til November it'l be even better :D

ramsfan
03/05/2008, 6:25 PM
always one isnt there:D

don ramo
03/05/2008, 7:42 PM
why was meade moved into midfield, makes no sense, if your gonna try something try coleman in the center with A kearney, and davin playing in behind reilly,

rambler14
03/05/2008, 10:31 PM
why was meade moved into midfield, makes no sense, if your gonna try something try coleman in the center with A kearney, and davin playing in behind reilly,

Alan Kearney is out for 4 games after being stretchered off vs Bray so if Kenny Coleman doesn't come in it will be an absolute crime!
McCarthy was excellent vs Bray and will really give John Meade a run for his money.

depor
04/05/2008, 12:16 AM
ya its looking tough but we always knew it would be. the positives are that we werent outplayed by any team, 1-0 pats, 1-0 bray, 0-0 ucd. these figures show 1 thing: that we are losing narrowly due to our inability at the moment to convert our chances. it could be worse if we weren't creating the amount of chances we have. we need someone just to clean up in the box, and clinical finishes when the chances come, thats all we're missing at mo. ill be expecting a battling performance against bohs next week. bohs are quality and it will be a chance for the lads to have a go against 1 of the best teams in the country, see the way bohs won in drogheda.

don ramo
04/05/2008, 11:56 AM
i think it was explanined to me perfectly last week, we neeed 12 points from each series of games, and were safe, so were 6 points short with 2 to go, bohs will be a draw and derry is a very demanding trip for any team down this way, if we get a point up there i would be delighted, we have to make up the points difference if were gonna stay here,