PDA

View Full Version : best rovers player?

forza rovers
02/05/2008, 7:41 PM
who do ye think was the best player to play for rovers?
for me its Gerry Carr.
who was yours?

villarover
02/05/2008, 7:49 PM
It would be his teamate Eddie Annand for me, a real flair player who could change a game with a bit of skill, i loved watching him play and score such wonderfull goals at the shed end, boy they were the days!

Rovers Maniac
02/05/2008, 7:57 PM
Real fan of Eddide Annand he was my fav for me

sligofan4ever
02/05/2008, 9:00 PM
I'd say it would be someone from a cup winning year id say harry mcloughlin or tony fagan for me

avvenalaf
02/05/2008, 10:33 PM
Oh, God, don't get me started.

Well, ok, then. The best footballer who ever played with Sligo Rovers was Pat McCluskey. The best goalkeeper was Alan Patterson.

The local players who deserve legendary status are Ski McGee and Tony Fagan.

Rovers Maniac
02/05/2008, 10:51 PM
Dixie Dean was the best end of thread.

sligofan4ever
02/05/2008, 11:30 PM
Rover Maniac unless Dixie Dean was a great player for us dont call him the best sligo rovers player because of his statistics also for best goalkeeper i reckon John O Hara or Richard Brush could be in there if theres something for golaies :)

Boo_Boy
02/05/2008, 11:37 PM
Dixie Dean was the best end of thread.

Oh please:rolleyes:

Rover Maniac unless Dixie Dean was a great player for us dont call him the best sligo rovers player because of his statistics also for best goalkeeper i reckon John O Hara or Richard Brush could be in there if theres something for golaies :)

go to bed kid:p

red metal
03/05/2008, 7:30 AM
There is so many great player that played with the Rovers.Players like Tony Fagon/Ski Mcgee/Harry Mc loughlin/Tony Stenson/Will Hastie/Eddie Annand/Pauric Moron/

But for me it has to be Gavin Dykes.