PDA

View Full Version : C. George article in the Echo

patsh
28/07/2003, 5:32 PM
What do people think ?
I find it hard to argue against anything he said.
We must get players immediately.
It's no good saying we will be the big club if things continue as poorly as they are.
My big worry is that the crowds will start to really go down now if we don't get a good run going as of Friday night. 6,000 was poor enough for such a big game last Friday night, and I think we may get our lowest gate of the season on this coming Friday.

New players now !

RedX
28/07/2003, 6:59 PM
I wonder why people keep on mentioning that we cannot win the league.Is it because they think we are not good enough(which is probably true)or the fact that they think we are so far behind(rubbish).There are a good few games to go and there is no doubt if we were capable of winning four or five in a row we would be well in with a chance.But as just mentioned we dont look close to good enough.It makes me sad to think we looked a lot better at times last season and seemed to be progressing a bit more.While i do rate Pat Dolan i was not happy when Liam Murphy left.I thought it was a disgrace that fans made up a banner for him to leave last season.Conor George has only said tonight what any intelligent supporter can see.I think also a lot of the columns lately are bordering on telling Dolan to get his act together.Once one mentions his name like this others will follow.He is bringing in players like Hedderman and Packer that cant get into the team and yet we badly need players in other postions.He plays Carey one week and Horgan the next..why?What has young Behan done that has stopped him progressing in the first team?Why is he playing another promising lad out of position?..Murray i mean.There are a whole lot of answers and a lot of work for Dolan to start giving.I know it takes time to progress but we have gone backwards on the field this season.We played great football at times last year but everyone moaned about the bad stuff.Why did we not give Murphy the chance we are giving Dolan?Next season things might be a lot different as people say Dolan is building his own squad.But being honest can anyone see improvement as the season goes on?.We got outfought and outplayed by an average Shels.I think as Conor George said its time the talking stopped and we seen some blo*dy improvement in the team and for gods sake what is it with this long ball rubbish back again????

tiktok
28/07/2003, 8:33 PM
Originally posted by RedX
......we cannot win the league. Is it because ....we are not good enough....or ......we are so far behind?.....there is no doubt if we were capable of winning four or five in a row we would be well in with a chance.

i think it's a combination of both, at the moment we are third, eight points behind Shels with a game in hand (against rovers). Given that Shels are not outstanding and will drop points that gap isn't insurmountable. the problem is i don't see where the improvement is going to come from to rein them in.