PDA

View Full Version : John Stacey

pete
28/08/2001, 2:27 PM
Bray v City (August)

Thought as eL refs go he had a fairly ok game. Most refs wouldn't have sent off the player for late challenge on Devine. Kept his calm when everyone else around looking for blood when a foul from Ollie Cahill deserved a yellow & not a red as the home support demanding.....

Ash
28/08/2001, 3:08 PM
Aye, John is a decent enough ref all in all,
but you should see him refereeing Athlone games -
japers he's brutal.
He's afraid to give any decision, no matter how clear cut, Towns way incase people will think he's bias for Athlone!!!!!!!

RĂ©iteoir
28/08/2001, 4:46 PM
http://www.redbrick.dcu.ie/~jw/jstacey.jpg

If my mind serves me correctly, he was awarded the eircom League Referee of the Year award a couple of seasons back...

EddieL
30/08/2001, 5:46 AM
While I would hesitate to use the word "favourites" with regard to refs,I would say that I enjoy games more when John Stacey & John McDermott are the men in the middle,they let the game flow and aren't overdependant on the whistle,yet at the same time they're not afraid to take a firm stance.They also have their own little "characteristics" which endear them to me,at least.They DO make the occasional weird decisions against Pats which infuriate me,but as they also make them against the other team that's O.K! Paul McKeon,on the other hand (and to a lesser extent Eddie Barr) are the refs I HATE the most,I get the distinct impression that McKeon is anti-Pats....I honestly can't remember us winning a game with him in charge.

RĂ©iteoir
30/08/2001, 11:25 PM
Paul McKeon,on the other hand (and to a lesser extent Eddie Barr) are the refs I HATE the most,I get the distinct impression that McKeon is anti-Pats....I honestly can't remember us winning a game with him in charge.

How about:

September 26, 2000
eircom League Cup Group D

St. Pats 4 Shelbourne 3 in Richmond Park

and the referee was:
Paul McKeon.

NEXT PLEASE!!!

EddieL
31/08/2001, 2:59 AM
Must have caught him in a good mood then....??!!

Macy
03/09/2001, 1:03 PM
Aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggghhh hhhhhhhh!

sorry that's just what that untc stacey's name does to me (and no doubt most Longford fans).

wws
03/09/2001, 1:20 PM
You're obsessed with that programme Macy!

I prefer the simpler quotes
Oz arguin with Spall,
"ball-eeks" he says
yer man replies with his point
than Oz "Double- ball-eeks Man!"