PDA

View Full Version : Annoying ATM's

Block G Raptor
01/05/2008, 12:11 PM
really getting annoyed at ATM machines lately. tried to get €20 from an ATM just there and got the usual "please enter a multiple of €50" so decided to take out €100 for later and the feckin' thing gives me 5 feckin €20 note's like WTF why wouldn't it let me take out 20. I reckon its a conspiracy, the ATM was an AIB and my account was BOI are they trying to make me take as much money as possible from Bank of Ireland?

jebus
01/05/2008, 12:14 PM
really getting annoyed at ATM machines lately. tried to get €20 from an ATM just there and got the usual "please enter a multiple of €50" so decided to take out €100 for later and the feckin' thing gives me 5 feckin €20 note's like WTF why wouldn't it let me take out 20. I reckon its a conspiracy, the ATM was an AIB and my account was BOI are they trying to make me take as much money as possible from Bank of Ireland?

AIB Banklinks are notorious for this sort of thing. They will rarely let you take out anything under €50, hit an Ulster banklink next time, they're usually alright

Block G Raptor
01/05/2008, 12:22 PM
Cheers will try that. althought the AIB is nearer and at Lunch-time every second counts

sligoman
01/05/2008, 12:26 PM
Never mind notes, woman at ATM's annoy the feck out of me. They take so long it's ridiculous:mad:

Rant over!:)

6yardpunisha
01/05/2008, 12:31 PM
Never mind notes, woman at ATM's annoy the feck out of me. They take so long it's ridiculous:mad:

only thing worse is women paying at ticket machines in car parks:D

kingdom hoop
01/05/2008, 12:54 PM
Haha that's hilarious - "after years of abusive finger tapping without so much as a thank you ATMs get their own back on their aggressors". :D

Can ATMs really be programmed that way though? As in to extract as much as possible from rival banks' accounts? Or is Brother Raptor being a little too conspiratorial? One thing Raptor, it said "only multiples of 50", which doesn't necessarily translate to "I've no €20 notes". Still fishy though.

paul_oshea
01/05/2008, 1:08 PM
Haha that's hilarious - "after years of abusive finger tapping without so much as a thank you ATMs get their own back on their aggressors". :D

Can ATMs really be programmed that way though? As in to extract as much as possible from rival banks' accounts? Or is Brother Raptor being a little too conspiratorial? One thing Raptor, it said "only multiples of 50", which doesn't necessarily translate to "I've no €20 notes". Still fishy though.

yip very easily too.

bellavistaman
01/05/2008, 1:31 PM
i took my 100 hundred euro few weeks back, had to fill out atm query form, and wait about 3 weeks, disaster

drinkfeckarse
01/05/2008, 2:04 PM

So true. When they actually get in front of it they spend the next 2 minutes digging around in their bag for their purse as if the thought just suddenly occured to them :rolleyes:

Block G Raptor
01/05/2008, 2:14 PM
So true. When they actually get in front of it they spend the next 2 minutes digging around in their bag for their purse as if the thought just suddenly occured to them :rolleyes:

New ATM Procedures

A local bank is very pleased to announce that they are installing
new Drive-thru ATMs where their customers will be able withdraw cash withoutleaving their vehicle.
Male and Female procedures have been
tailored to best reflect the behaviours of those particular groupings.

PROCEDURE FOR MALE CUSTOMERS:

1. Drive up to the ATM
2. Open the car window
3. Insert card into machine and enter PIN
4. Enter amount of cash required and press "enter"
5. Retrieve card, cash and receipt
6. Close window
7. Drive away

PROCEDURE FOR FEMALE CUSTOMERS:

1. Drive up to the ATM
2. Reverse back the required distance to align car with ATM
3. Re-start stalled engine
4. Open the car window
5. Find handbag, empty all contents onto the passenger seat and locate card
6. Turn radio down & end call on cell phone
7. Attempt to insert card into ATM
8. Open car door to allow easier access to ATM due to excessive distance from car to ATM
9. Insert card
10. Re-insert card the right way up
11. Ignore the sound of car horn from vehicle behind
12. Search contents of handbag (on passenger seat) to locate diary with PIN written on the inside back page under "Date of Birth"
13. Enter PIN
14. Press "cancel" and re-enter PIN
15. Enter amount of cash required and check make-up in rear view mirror
16. Drum fingertips on steering wheel, look at ATM for one minute and
then press "enter"
17. Retrieve cash and receipt
18. Search contents of handbag (on passenger seat) to locate purse and place cash inside
19. Place receipt in back of cheque book
20. Re-check make-up
21. Drive forward two metres
22. Reverse back to ATM ignoring the sound of car horn from vehicle behind
23. Retrieve card
24. Search contents of handbag (on passenger seat) to locate card holder
and place card in an empty slot
25. Drive two or three kilometres Release hand brake

drinkfeckarse
02/05/2008, 2:06 PM
Good one :D

Maz
02/05/2008, 8:36 PM
Or men...who start entering pin codes for phones and the likes. Some of us are in a rush to shop!

sligoman
02/05/2008, 8:39 PM
Some of us are in a rush to shop!Those of you at ATM's obviously aren't!

Pike B
02/05/2008, 8:42 PM
Those of you at ATM's obviously aren't!
:D :D :D Excellent..

Maz
02/05/2008, 8:43 PM
Those of you at ATM's obviously aren't!
What would you know....your communion money still underneath your mattress

sligoman
02/05/2008, 8:44 PM
What would you know....your communion money still underneath your mattressWhat were you doing in my room?:eek: ;)

Maz
02/05/2008, 8:44 PM
What were you doing in my room?:eek: ;)
Searching for your money!

Back on track...men are just as bad if not worse than ladies at an atm

Pike B
02/05/2008, 8:57 PM
Searching for your money!

Back on track...men are just as bad if not worse than ladies at an atm
How so???

Maz
03/05/2008, 10:21 AM
As I said above...forgetting pins, then searching their "wallets" to see if its written down or start having a chat with another fella who comes walking by. Very frustrating

GavinZac
03/05/2008, 2:03 PM
A woman, accusing men of taking too long rummaging for stuff and chatting excessively? What next, headaches in bed?

Maz
03/05/2008, 2:46 PM
Obviously you cant tar all with the same brush. Face facts, there are some men out there who are as bad if not worse in queues, at atms, driving...etc

SkStu
03/05/2008, 4:31 PM
just to confirm the Women at ATMs thing is an international problem. It drives me insane. At least have your card ready ffs.

sligoman
03/05/2008, 4:47 PM
As I said above...forgetting pins, then searching their "wallets" to see if its written down or start having a chat with another fella who comes walking by. Very frustratingJust cos Longford women look like men, doesn't mean it's actually a man at the ATM;)

BohsPartisan
03/05/2008, 4:57 PM
People with more than one card. I often throw small change at them to get them to hurry. Usually works too.

Maz
04/05/2008, 9:37 AM
Just cos Longford women look like men, doesn't mean it's actually a man at the ATM;)
As opposed to Sligo women like Áine...you'd still take them!!

Raheny Red
07/05/2008, 8:25 PM
At the grand aul' age of 21 I have finally got my first ever ATM card :D. Fair well Passbook :(

:eek:

pól-dcfc
08/05/2008, 1:22 PM
Speaking of ATMs, who ridiculous is it that my girlfriend can't get a debit card from BoI, even though she is 21, has been an account holder for 5 years, and has never had a penny of debt to her name? Is this common for southern banks? I'm with nationwide and I opened my account when I was 16 and got a debit card straight away.