PDA

View Full Version : Brandywell 02/05

MyTown
01/05/2008, 10:40 AM
According to the club website (http://www.galwayunitedfc.ie/results-by-club/results-against-derry-city.html) we've been there 17 times. The record is

P17 W2 D4 L11 :eek:

The two wins were by a single goal in successive visits courtesy of Eric Lavine & Billy Clery. The venue is the site of our record defeat (9-1) and we've also shipped 6-1 and 5-1 losses there too

It would really get your hopes up wouldn't it?

So be brave lads. Be very brave.

The traffic on the forum tells its own story. It's going to take a win to get the keyboards thumping again. So I'll enjoy this rare oasis of calm with no one shouting for the manager's head, no one making foolishly hopeful predictions and no one appearing to care too much:(

It can't last can it?

WoodquayBoy
01/05/2008, 10:45 AM
So I'll enjoy this rare oasis of calm with no one shouting for the manager's head, no one making foolishly hopeful predictions and no one appearing to care too much:(

It can't last can it?

SACK THE MANAGER. Losing 3-2 to Bray, tut tut tut.
Kenna, Kenna, Kenna
Out Out Out!
;0)

eamo1
01/05/2008, 1:48 PM
Leeson out,Fallon out,Kenna out.Baliban for chairman and Staunton for manager:D.With them at the helm we are gonna win the champions league in 2010 beating TNS in the final on penos:).
Shouting for managers head:check
Foolishily hopefull predictions:check.

On a serious note,in one of those games when we beat Derry up there we set the record in the game for youngest average age of a team to play a top flight premier division game.Its an offical UEFA record previously held by Ajax.

jackd
01/05/2008, 2:12 PM
On a serious note,in one of those games when we beat Derry up there we set the record in the game for youngest average age of a team to play a top flight premier division game.Its an offical UEFA record previously held by Ajax.[/quote]

What was the team that day do you know???

Claret Murph
01/05/2008, 3:31 PM
Leeson out,Fallon out,Kenna out.Baliban for chairman and Staunton for manager:D.With them at the helm we are gonna win the champions league in 2010 beating TNS in the final on penos:).
Shouting for managers head:check
Foolishily hopefull predictions:check.

On a serious note,in one of those games when we beat Derry up there we set the record in the game for youngest average age of a team to play a top flight premier division game.Its an offical UEFA record previously held by Ajax.

Eamo

I think you better sit down I think you have been drinking the bleech again :)

eamo1
01/05/2008, 4:43 PM
I remember seeing an article about it in a match program from one of our games after that match.I also remember Don O'Riordan on gbfm talking about it.The team had Sean Malee,a young Alan Murphy i think too,Aubrey Dolan aswell.Average age was something like 19.3 or something like that.Was from around either the '98/'99 or '99/'00 season i think.

gufct
01/05/2008, 9:32 PM
json and Barry Moran plus David Forde played. I was there as i was for the second victory that season but i was also there for the 9-1 when Decky Mac got man of the match:confused:

eamo1
02/05/2008, 1:46 PM
No mention of him being out through injury so its a great boost that he will probably play some part tonight.What exactly is wrong with Robson?Hes been out for months now.

dcfc_1928
02/05/2008, 6:33 PM
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/icandy/2008/05/02/Derry-City-V-Galway-United

Live commentary of the game tonight.

eamo1
02/05/2008, 6:56 PM
The 2 lads on commentary are funny but better then Mike.R on Gbfm.

Tir Oilean
02/05/2008, 8:34 PM
The GBFM commentary is great to have! Were doing way better than I expected though we seem to be cutting it a bit close towards the end now. Rodgers has found his game again. Thought Wes was suspended?

Tir Oilean
02/05/2008, 8:46 PM
Well Done Jeff and the boys first win of the season is coming right up c'mon United!!

Maroon 7
02/05/2008, 8:49 PM
0-0 lads

The recovery starts here.:D

GuisaSaigon
02/05/2008, 8:51 PM
[QUOTE=Tir Oilean;934404 Thought Wes was suspended?[/QUOTE]
Must have been sent off for a second yellow in Sligo, not a straight red as reported. Great to get a clean sheet and a point. Well done lads!

gufct
02/05/2008, 9:09 PM
it was a straight red .He got an automatic one match ban and he will be up before the disciplinary commitee next week.

Gaillimh Al
04/05/2008, 7:27 AM
The disciplinary commitee have already ruled that he will get a further one match, as and from the 14th May.

Lucky enough to only get a further match, they must have taken into consideration the overreaction of Anto Murphy to Wes slap. This means he'll miss the away game with UCD.

JC_GUFC
04/05/2008, 11:53 PM
Wes only got a 1 game ban which has already been served against Bray.

The suspension list was only released this week but he doesn't have another ban to serve.

Paul Cook got a 4 match touchline ban for getting sent off in the match against us! :eek:

Gaillimh Al
05/05/2008, 8:31 AM
Wes only got a 1 game ban which has already been served against Bray.

The suspension list was only released this week but he doesn't have another ban to serve.

Paul Cook got a 4 match touchline ban for getting sent off in the match against us! :eek:

That means they really backed off it then. One game for a yellow followed by a straight red.
Club fined 100euro for all the cards as well.

Sumac
06/05/2008, 7:22 AM
Anyone here at Game than can give us a summary. On MNS it looked like we had a few chances although they seemed to miss a few sitters