The LWC are going to be out in force for this one. :p

jebus
01/05/2008, 10:11 AM
The LWC are going to be out in force for this one. :p

....maybe.....

:)

sadloserkid
01/05/2008, 10:45 AM
So here's a stupid question... what does LWC stand for? :)

It has just dawned on me that it may be Limerick Women's Committe? No?

jebus
01/05/2008, 12:12 PM
So here's a stupid question... what does LWC stand for? :)

It has just dawned on me that it may be Limerick Women's Committe? No?

I too would like to know this

Monkfish
01/05/2008, 12:23 PM
Light Weight Commitee. :)

jebus
01/05/2008, 12:28 PM

That makes sense in so many ways :)

sadloserkid
01/05/2008, 12:29 PM

Ooh how do I apply? :p

jebus
01/05/2008, 12:32 PM

I'd say we should call a membership meeting but LtiD would be passed out by 9, yourself and Keith would have too much gas from all the soda, and I'd have seen a drop of rain on my way to Heuston station and gone home so there's probably not much point:D

joeSoap
01/05/2008, 12:33 PM
And so on to the football.....:rolleyes:

I'm predicting a 1-1.

Carthy to nick his first of the season against the run of play late in the game....:ball:

Monkfish
01/05/2008, 1:09 PM
And so on to the football.....:rolleyes:

I'm predicting a 1-1.

Carthy to nick his first of the season against the run of play late in the game....:ball:

Good odds on a Shels win it has to be said, 6/5 I believe.

Monkfish
01/05/2008, 1:12 PM

Your already signed up for the lifetime package. It includes a bottle of Ritz and a Jebusesque cardigan. (Bossy GF not included) :p

Jofspring
02/05/2008, 11:05 AM
i'm thinking a 2-2. limerick to grab a goal to equalise near the end :ball:

see's it
02/05/2008, 11:28 AM
i'm thinking a 2-2. limerick to grab a goal to equalise near the end :ball:

il second that

Monkfish
02/05/2008, 11:35 AM
il second that

Il third it along with the 10 hail marys il being saying for us. :ball:

KevB76
02/05/2008, 11:57 AM
2-2 sounds good. I'm really looking forward to this one, just hope we dont play 4-5-1

jebus
02/05/2008, 12:03 PM
2-1 repeat result from the last time I feel. I'll even be making this one lads, just got clearance that I can get out of work at 4! :)

see's it
02/05/2008, 1:27 PM
i heard today that purcell is struggling big time with the injury and could be out for afew months,is this true?

jebus
02/05/2008, 1:38 PM
i heard today that purcell is struggling big time with the injury and could be out for afew months,is this true?

Doesn't, or didn't, he have to get an operation on it?

see's it
02/05/2008, 1:43 PM
i might not play at all so this season if theres an ankle operation involved

L37Ultra
03/05/2008, 1:12 AM
Match report here (http://www.extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/355/).

jebus
03/05/2008, 1:18 AM
Match report here (http://www.extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/355/).

If it's not 'we were ****'then I don't want to know about it. Still I'll send ye all a postcard from Glasgow next Sunday :D

KevB76
03/05/2008, 1:31 PM
Well that was very very disappointing. They were just better much better than us, simple as. I thought we did well 2nd half v Dundalk, and for some reason that led me to believe that we were better than we actually are, lastnight brought me back down to reality.

We never got to grips with them at all I thought, it was all a bit panicky and we reverted to hoofing it away much of the time, not much of the nice passing football that we've occassionaly seen this season, then again I dont think Shels allowed them to play that way.

I cant really fault the players too much, a lot of them are just not good enough and I genuinely believe they did their best but their lack of quality showed against a superior side. I just hope the better players such as Colbert, White and Bruton and a few others dont begin to lose heart.

Clutching at straws maybe, but one positive thing is that their heads never dropped, even after the 3rd goal thay were still trying, however much in vain.

Only a quarter season through, we're as good as any others outside the top three, this season need not be a disaster. Roll on next week......

By the way, just thought i'd mention Jimmy Fyffe was superb against Cork City the other night.

balls
04/05/2008, 7:54 PM
agreed were well behind shels waterford dundalk and longford but every other team in the division is equally poor . limerick to finish 5th

GenerationXI
05/05/2008, 11:57 AM
Wow but hindsight makes us look naive!!!

da bishop
05/05/2008, 2:28 PM
crikey we were shocking fri night.again played 4-5-1 with derek the 5th midfielder,very disappointed with his contribution quite clear the legs dont have it anymore and his dive was sad mind you our tactics hardly helped him.booting it up the pitch,here willie chase that:mad:.shels a good side but we not good enough with several players out of their depth which question MK judgment in signing them and begs many questions on the game itself,like is there a plan B and do the players understand plan A ,why was,n barrett moved on to shels CF when it was clear after 20mins he was toying with danagher,why was carty left on,etc and while the SKI SHOW has thankfully ended MK standing still arms folded chewing gum whileyour team is being outclassed is hardly going to motivate them to greater things to turn it around.bright sparks were barrett, white,colbert and the hope we will be positive for mons next week.:rolleyes:

gael353
05/05/2008, 6:26 PM
And mons rec is something to get excited about. Played 9...Home P 5 W 3 D 0 L 2 GF 4 GA 4 Away P 4 W 0 D 0 L 4 GF 0 GA 15

Monkfish
05/05/2008, 6:52 PM
I know Dave made a balls of the 2nd and 3rd goal but Shels are way ahead of us in nearly every position and could have had more than 3.
Its as simple as that really, a bit depressing on the pitch but im encouraged with off the pitch news.

KevB76
05/05/2008, 6:59 PM
.....im encouraged with off the pitch news.

Something new you'd care to share with us?
...or do you mean the way things in general seem to be going so far (new sponsors, more press, keeping to wage budgets etc...)

Monkfish
05/05/2008, 7:03 PM

Eh no. :p
Lots of thing to be honest.

jebus
05/05/2008, 7:39 PM
Eh no. :p
Lots of thing to be honest.

You pulled in Costellos didn't you!?!?!? :p

Monkfish
05/05/2008, 9:21 PM

No thank God. :)

gael353
05/05/2008, 9:48 PM

mr fish in costellos? :eek:

gael353
05/05/2008, 9:49 PM
...or do you mean the way things in general seem to be going so far (new sponsors, more press, keeping to wage budgets etc...)

besides all that Kev other stuff but u crossed the line going to a Galway game :ball:

Green_Hoop
05/05/2008, 10:06 PM
How did Derek play?

Monkfish
05/05/2008, 11:44 PM
How did Derek play?

Out of position so its hard to be critical.

Monkfish
05/05/2008, 11:47 PM
mr fish in costellos? :eek:

Like the art students at Oxegen I like to lower myself to these type of places now and again.
Ron was even there! :eek::eek:

KevB76
06/05/2008, 7:37 AM
u crossed the line going to a Galway game :ball:

Third one this season - that obsession has hit me hard :eek: :D

Green_Hoop
06/05/2008, 10:11 AM
:mad::mad::mad:do not tell me robbie kelleher wouldnt be a good addition to this team, i read a few weeks back abuse the lad got on this site, and to call it nothin short than disgustin would be an understatement, there is not one player off the 22 that played fri nite would lace robbie's boots when on form!I know Kerly reads posts, and if i was to offer him one bit of advice it'd be to get robbie back on the panel, and stop signing second rate junior players,stop biting our faces to spite our noses.If we had our best available 11, we would be a force to be reckoned with i gurantee it.

The current Robbie Kelleher is of no use to anyone,wouldn't surprise me if he ended up back at Summerville next season,Fairview don't take s**t.

joeSoap
06/05/2008, 11:28 AM
,stop biting our faces to spite our noses.
A very hard thing to do I'd imagine....

joeSoap
06/05/2008, 12:21 PM
this comin from a fella whos club took back pa moloney and john boyle... give me a break wil ya!
Lads, keep the junior squabbles in the junior section please. This is a thread about the Shels game last friday.:ball:

da bishop
06/05/2008, 11:30 PM
:mad::mad::mad:do not tell me robbie kelleher wouldnt be a good addition to this team, i read a few weeks back abuse the lad got on this site, and to call it nothin short than disgustin would be an understatement, there is not one player off the 22 that played fri nite would lace robbie's boots when on form!I know Kerly reads posts, and if i was to offer him one bit of advice it'd be to get robbie back on the panel, and stop signing second rate junior players,stop biting our faces to spite our noses.If we had our best available 11, we would be a force to be reckoned with i gurantee it.
what are you on about,no one abused robbie,what people did do was give their opinions on robbies possible contribution to L37,most felt he wouldn,t and proof of that was his efforts on his return from rovers which was quite poor and given his present physical condition he is now a long way from being an EL player.

L37Ultra
06/05/2008, 11:38 PM
I'd have a overweight Robbie Kelleher in the Limerick squad before a fit Manjor or James Hayes anyday.

see's it
07/05/2008, 8:24 AM
only played a handful of games between them and its a big step up from junior give the lads a chance............

rooney10
07/05/2008, 3:12 PM

hello messi you idiot have you not seen robbie in the last two year . .. he is barley able to lace his one boots .. . . you would want to move on with the times robbie is never going to get fit he is just not interested!!!!

Monkfish
07/05/2008, 3:19 PM
I agree with all of you exept 'messi'
Could this be put in a 'Robbie K' thread or something though?

Jofspring
08/05/2008, 12:51 PM
According to todays Limerick Leader Mike Kerely has said Finucane is finished his exams in june and hopefully he'll be back then.