PDA

View Full Version : DVD Regions

Risteard
30/04/2008, 11:50 PM
I know nothing about this.
Trying to buy dvds I can only get on amazon.COM and they're region 1.
Is there any chance these will work on a decent dvd player, in Ireland of course?

Block G Raptor
01/05/2008, 10:01 AM
most DVD players nowadays are region free. I got one in Lidl a couple of years ago for €40 and it's region free so if you have a decent DVD player I'd say it would definitely play all regions

Dodge
01/05/2008, 10:44 AM
nearlya ll my DVDs are region 1

Risteard
01/05/2008, 3:22 PM
The job.
Cheers.
Got my first credit card there the other day so cdwow (and my credit rating) won't know what's hit it.

Block G Raptor
01/05/2008, 3:24 PM
The job.
Cheers.
Got my first credit card there the other day so cdwow (and my credit rating) won't know what's hit it.

Beware I got myself into serious debt thanks to "cheap" Dvd's and 80's movie memorabilia on ebay

John83
01/05/2008, 3:43 PM
most DVD players nowadays are region free. I got one in Lidl a couple of years ago for €40 and it's region free so if you have a decent DVD player I'd say it would definitely play all regions
Most seems a bit out to me. Many, but not most.

lofty9
06/05/2008, 3:10 PM
Most can be made region free through the remote control. An quick search on google with 'DVD' and 'hack' will sort it out.

Macy
06/05/2008, 3:14 PM
The job.
Cheers.
I've recently had a few problems with CDWOW, with delivery delays on stuff that was down as "in stock" when I ordered, and a couple of others in work have had the same issue. It has to be said others here have had no bother though. I personally prefer play.com - bigger selection and more reliable delivery in my experience.

Dr. Ogba
07/05/2008, 8:40 AM
I've recently had a few problems with CDWOW, with delivery delays on stuff that was down as "in stock" when I ordered, and a couple of others in work have had the same issue. It has to be said others here have had no bother though. I personally prefer play.com - bigger selection and more reliable delivery in my experience.

DO NOT go with CDwow....I've had the same problems as Macy and their customer service is also brutal. go with play.com or if getting region 1's go to amazon.com (exchange rate works out very well at the moment...)