PDA

View Full Version : Paul Deering

Ash
28/08/2001, 1:00 PM
should be shot and Im sure I can easily form a consortium to fund a successful assassination.
Seriously, I doubt the fella knows the difference between his knob and his big toe only one has a nail on it!!!!!!!!!!

The lines woman for Dublin City -v- Athlone Town wasnt the may west either.
She used all her concentration watching the last defender back, for the off-side decisions, which ment that she missed several incidents along the wing!!!!!!!
i.e. handballs, kicks in the ankle, ball going out of play and off the ball incidents

Are referees assessed during the season?

Réiteoir
28/08/2001, 7:26 PM
Referees and their assistants on the eircom League are assessed on every game they do, on a variety of points:

Below is a copy of an assessment I received last year:

ASSESSMENT REPORT
Date: Sunday 2nd January 00 Name of Referee: Christopher Rock
Competition: Worcester & District Football League (Sunday Div 3)

Match: Claines Reserves V Martley Spurs Reserves

1. APPEARANCE

You were well turned out and certainly looked the part.

2. APPLICATION OF LAWS AND CONTROL

You looked in good control of this game and decisions made were, in the main, correct.

During the 13th minute you spotted an infringement resulting in a penalty kick to Claines, this was a correct decision as the Martley defender involved clearly took the player as well as the ball, well done on correct application of law.

During the 21st minute of this game a Martley player was is a good attacking position and was clearly pulled down from the waist by a Claines defender. You were correct in awarding a free kick but I felt stronger action should have been taken, i.e. a caution for unsporting behaviour.

During the 43rd minute several opposing players went for the same ball which finally resulted in the Martley No 5 being tripped from behind by an opponent. A free kick to Martley would have sufficed however you decided to stop the game and give a drop ball! Following this, the original offended player (Martley No 5) took it upon himself to retaliate and bring down the Claines player. You correctly gave the free kick to Claines but I felt you brought this upon yourself for not giving a free kick in the first place. Luckily you got away with this.

During the 70th minute it was pleasing to note that you cautioned the Claines No 11 for deliberately handling the ball in a good attacking position, if you had missed this then I’m quite sure an unfair goal would have been scored. Well done.

During the 75th minute the Martley No 5 unfairly tackled an opponent bringing him to the ground, you were correct to award a free kick to Claines but I felt this was clearly unsporting behaviour and a cautioned should have been administered.

Finally in the 78th minute the Claines goalkeeper was unfairly challenged by an opponent whilst he had control of the ball resulting in him retaliating, you stopped the game and cautioned him. You gave a free kick in Claines goalkeeper’s favour but chose not to take any action on the original offending player. This looked messy, some players were expecting you to award a penalty kick!

Apart from the points mentioned above, your overall match control was good.

3. POSITIONING AND FITNESS

Your fitness level was of good standard, I was particular impressed with your ability to sprint when the occasion needed it.

For throw ins on your side of the pitch you were positioning yourself to deep into the field of play therefore making it difficult to view progress up the line. I would suggest that you go out wide for throw ins in your own diagonal so you’re level with the last defender to watch off side and also up with play keeping both your linesmen in view.

4. ADVANTAGE

This was applied correctly and sensibly, however, during the 35th minute a Claines player had possession of the ball and was fairly challenged by opponents as he progressed, I did note that you called ‘play on’! This is only necessary if there has been an infringement.

5. STOPPAGES AND SIGNALS

Your signals were very clear with good use of the whistle. Stoppages were minimal.

6. CO-OPERATION WITH CLUB LINESMEN

This was generally good I was pleased that you sensibly overruled them on off-side decisions especially where the ball had gone through to the goalkeepers.

7. GENERAL REMARKS AND SUMMING UP

This was very much a competitive game with a score of 1-1. You gave a good account of yourself.

Be firmer where mandatory cautions are necessary, also do not be afraid to go out wide and deep to gain a better view of the game and therefore enhance decision-making.

Overall you looked confident and carried out your duties in an efficient manner, experience is what it’s all about and I’m sure you’ve got the right attitude to listen and learn from the advice that you will no doubt get from your senior colleagues.

Bernhard Mallette
Assessor

=======================

That's basically what each referee on the eL will receive a couple of days after the game.

Chris Rock
Réiteoir

gustavo
20/09/2001, 2:08 AM
Was at a friendly match this evening between me local junior soccer team and Sligo Rovers u21s . da ref for the occasion was one Paul Deering . Kickoff was 6.15 but Paul did a no show .The Don himself decided to ref the match and all was goin well when after a half hour Deering showed up and told everyone that he was gonna have to start again and do a half hour a side game , much to the chagrin of everyone especially The Don who gave him quite a bollocking, Deering said it was the rules and he was only doing this proffesionally . Is he within his rights to do this for a friendly match?